[18x02] February 5th, 2012

• Total voters
Bloody secret American.
Airbrake, like an SLR...
VHS player? High tech. :lol:
James May IS a bastard. :jeremy:
SL65 is a better car.
Matt's voice is weird.
Yay I fucking love Jezza and Jimmy segments.
Yay purple and pink stripey.
I died laughing when the Stig jumped through the door.
... And attacked James.

Not a bad episode, last segment saved it.

Wow...the Team America music...the ending...

Really enjoyed that episode, even more than last week. More likely to watch it again and again. Main criticism was the news whilst good was too long. Enjoyed the Nascar especially even though I have no interest in it as a sport. I think for me it was a 9.

Great episode. The Nascar bit was ok, but the best part was James and Jeremy going to China. Great stuff. And the sound of that SLS - well, I cranked up the volume :D

Awesomesauce. That is all.

Completely lost it when the Team America song came on and throughout the entire Chinese segment.

My life satisfaction has improved significantly as a result of this episode.

I'll happily eat my own words and (with the little I saw of it) say that this episode sucked far less than I originally had imagined.

Very good. I don't really care for NASCAR but it was interesting anyway, and Bernie could learn a thing or two from them about how to deal with fans. I like the SLS (I'd have the coupe though), Matt Le Blanc just seems like a really nice bloke and quite a car fan too and James and Jeremy segments are always the best. Well done chaps.

I thoroughly enjoyed this ep!
Nascar would be great if they didn't do ovals..
Good SIARPC too.
And of course an excellent trip to china!

Proper, solid, varied, informative, amusing, cosmopolitan, entertaining pukka Top Gear.

NASCAR film one of the best Hammond has turned out in a while - wish he'd do more like this and drop the annoying yappy terrier act.
News - old school and really entertaining
SLS - nice to see Jezza almost drop his blatant AMG fanboi-ism and acknowledge that the thing sucks unless you are a very rich mentalist!
MLB as SIARPC - he is very laconic and at first I thought he would be pretty boring but actually I warmed to him. Really surprised at the time. I know they say slow-looking is quick but he really didn't appear to be going that fast past the tyre wall. Now waiting for the Tin Foil Hat brigade to start claiming that US stars only appear if they get assured of top spot.
China - great mix of information, speculation and a little gentle piss-taking. Fighty Chinese Stig a perfect example of how planned humour does work on the show. Sadly HDR cut out the last couple of minutes but I can catch up on iPlayer. Expecting BlaRo to hate that part since Jeremy said "Lover"

Nice one, chaps! :thumbup:

Another solid 8/10 for me.

Another good episode.

NASCAR segment was interesting, I class myself as a general motorsports fan, and whilst I'm not the biggest fan of NASCAR, I'm not an F1 snob either. It's a different form of racing and you have to be talented to succeed, like in all forms of motorsport, whether it's rally, touring cars, Le Mans, Indy, F1, NASCAR, whatever. Jeremy's comments about our American friends made me laugh though. :lol:

News was better than last week.

The Merc section was well shot, enjoyable, nothing really more to add.

Never heard of the guest, but so much better than last week's segment. Still wish they'd axe it though, and use that time on another feature or make existing films longer...

Chinese car segment was brilliant mix of cocking about and seriousness, a few staged bits clearly, but the right balance.

9/10

NASCAR film one of the best Hammond has turned out in a while - wish he'd do more like this and drop the annoying yappy terrier act.

He did the baby voice scream at the end.

One of the best episodes in while, IMHO

Wish Hammond would do more of these segments, and throughly enjoyed the chinese segment as well

Personally I'm annoyed that the surprise of the Chinese Stig was spoilt before this episode (there were a hundred other things about this episode they COULD have shown instead), and also that the continuity announcer on BBC HD chose to talk over the ending. Can't the BBC promotions department learn not to spoil things so much? Please?

Anyway, another great Top Gear that was hugely enjoyable (despite the two points mentioned above), and had something for (almost) everyone. 9/10.

Personally I'm annoyed that the surprise of the Chinese Stig was spoilt before this episode (there were a hundred other things about this episode they COULD have shown instead)

Mute and look away until the studio part... What, just me?

Chinese attack stig is the greatest thing in the history of top gear. I replayed him attacking James more times than I did the Hammerhead I Eagle thrust crash test.

"In the plumbs!"

Top Gear is back, and the series is great so far.