[18x05] February 26th, 2012

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

Was it me or what Dicky in his childrens TV presenter mode? Even more so than usual.
Yay Jezza and Jimmy segment.
Good episode.

"that swiss kuku clock" well, I laughed like an idiot :D Saab bit was very, very nice. I didn't mind the guest, acceptable. Even the Skoda rally was actually quite fitting.

What can I say, a solid 9. No doubt.

7/10 for me. Solid, but not particularly memorable.

Really want a Saab now :(

Love that new 9-5 as well. It's such a handsome looking car

Clarkson + May + serious pieces = recipe for success.

Crazy rally Finns are always good value; point docked for Clarkson yet again fawning over an AMG.

SIARPC: Doctor Who-related guests never fail to not disappoint. (damn) By which I mean they're always good. :lol:

9/10.

Nice episode overall. That was such a fitting tribute to the crazy diamond which Saab is. Only goes to strength my desire to own one some day, when I can afford to insure one...

Nothing memorable but still enjoyable!

7/10

rocket man bit was alright, not really into that sort of thing.
news was good. guest was good too, love me some doctor who.
adored the saab bit. i love when they do bits like this, eventhough i'm not a petrolhead. its just so darn interesting

A good episode, but I've known that since Wednesday. :D

Some nice serious bits with some classic TG daftness. Matt Smith was a bit disappointing to be honest, glad he wasn't there at the filming to be honest. How he got a fast time from that lap is beyond me.

Was anyone else captivated by the blonde woman standing just to our right of Matt Smith? :D

Reactions: MWF
Top Gear at it's Best!!!
A very well balanced episode, SAAB section was a highlight.

Right now 8/10 from me ... again. Waiting for rip to come out with my final verdict.

However: Spotted at least 3 very good candidates for the "most distracting audience member"-thread .. and developed this strange craving for water-melons ... :D

S.

9 for the Saab bit. I feel strangely proud now having a car with a Nightpanel button (which I actually use a lot) and an "Extra" button (which is designed for auxiliary lights if you fit them).
Solid episode overall.

Sadly the best bits of the Matt Smith interview was stuff that couldn't even be shown as website extras! Such a shame as there was one moment in particular that was seriously funny.

I liked it. Hammond didn't annoy me (the alternative intro tells me they always intended to use that film in the series as well as in TG at the Movies), the News was funny and vaguely car related (Panda in the loading bay and May's face? Priceless), the Maser vs AMG film was pretty good and nice to see Jezza almost admit that he is a totally biased AMG fanboi and I thought the SAAB film was excellent. Informative for those not in the know without being nerdy and in the main a respectful eulogy for the firm.

It seems they may have accidentally made a car programme. Again.

And sure, it might not be one to blow your socks off but as regular edition of TG goes it was bordering on perfection. Another solid 8/10.

Another good episode - this series is stacking up well.
The jet/rally race was good- can't beat a rally car gliding over rough terrain like that, brilliant stuff. The jet guy is nuts, kudos.

AMB/Maserati segment also good- which would I have? I dunno. They are quite different. Lose the spoiler and maybe the AMG, but I think I'd always regret not following the heart and going for the Maserati...

SIARPC- good.

Saab. I want to buy an old one. I know a lot of them were rubbish and they were flawed in many ways, but the 9-3 was quite a pretty thing compared to the Mondeos and Vectras of the time. Plus I always wanted a night-panel blackout button :D

Well done guys.

Very good episode.

Already seen the Skoda segment on the DVD but it was still fun to watch again. I'd much rather have the Maserati than the Merc, and I don't get Jeremy's hatred of harnesses. :dunno: If they were fitted to somehting like a Mondeo or somehting then they would be annoying and pointless but on the Maserati, Megane R26.R etc. it adds to the sense of occasion that you get from driving a special car like that. I don't watch Doctor Who but Matt Smith seemed like a nice enough bloke. Also, I keep forgetting what the top times are. Every week Jeremy says "you did it in a 1...40...3...point...whatever" and I think "holy crap, that's fast!" but then he puts it 8th on the board or something, I remember the days when a 1:48 would have put you top of the board! :wheelchair: :lol:

And finally, what made this episode even better was James and Jeremy's SAAB tribute. James and Jeremy films are always the best and this one was no exception, very good indeed. I going to really miss SAAB. :cry: If I wasn't in that post-university, pre-employment limbo, I might go out and buy a secondhand 9000 or something just for the hell of it.