Ownership Verified: 1931 Plymouth Coupe

kberjian

Car(s)
1955 Buick, 1929 Willys, 2004 SRT-4
Car was my dad's who passed away very suddenly in May this year. It sat since then and I passively tried to sell it.... The last few times I was home I had driven it around a few times and my mom surprised me by saying it is mine if I wanted it. So I guess I just inherited a badass hotrod!

Story on the car is it is an all steel 1931 Plymouth Coupe that was chopped 3". It has a all Mopar driveline with a 360 engine and a A518 auto transmission. It has a full leather interior and AC! It is a fantastic cruising car that has won lots of awards and is a riot to open up on the highway. Lots of mixed feelings driving it around but I am glad it will stay in the family. I have great memories of me and my Dad going to shows with it. PS: I even remembered the proof picture this time :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your father passing away :(

But that thing is awesome! And keeping it in the family is always nice :)

You don't expect one of these to have a modern drivetrain and AC, that's for sure.

Glad to see that this street rod is staying in the family. I'm sure your dad would have wanted it that way.

You don't expect one of these to have a modern drivetrain and AC, that's for sure.

That's what many street rods are built to be. Something that is totally modern under it's classic sheet metal.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

The neighbor had a 33 Plymouth coupe when I was a kid. His was a metal flake mint green that would have made CrzRsn drool. I have fond memories of riding in the rumble seat with his daughter.

Awesome street rod, looks really well done.

Sorry to hear about your dad :(

There is a ton of emotions that come with the car but my favorite part and what makes me want to keep it is the feeling you get when you drive around in it. You are a local celebrity no matter where you are, people look and wave, kids yell, people take pictures, everyone gives you a thumbs up, it just feels amazing. I remember riding with my dad in his various cars and feeling so cool.