1940 Ford Deluxe

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
The old flathead engine is not doing too well and the brakes are pretty much shot. Anybody know a good classic Ford mechanic in Corona?

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Dude your parents are awesome. Where do they keep these things?

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Wow that thing is mint! Love the WW2 ration sticker too.

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
Dude your parents are awesome. Where do they keep these things?
We have a four-car garage but one of the bays was converted into a home office. The other three bays house our Volkswagen, Ford Deluxe, and my car. The Model A is in a storage unit and the two Infiniti Q45s are outside (one covered in the driveway). A lot of cars for three people, lol.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I have a question. How often do your parents (or will, since they just got them) drive these cars? Because I honestly don't see the point in having one of those if it almost never gets driven. I have a lot of respect for people that restore classic cars or buy them and keep them in mint condition, but I, personally, could never do that.

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
Wow, what a beauty ? your mom has great taste. :cool:

Hope she drives the Ford now and again.
You could register it for Film work, offset some expenses & maybe make it famous, if driven by an A-lister in a blockbuster. :)

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
I have a question. How often do your parents (or will, since they just got them) drive these cars? Because I honestly don't see the point in having one of those if it almost never gets driven. I have a lot of respect for people that restore classic cars or buy them and keep them in mint condition, but I, personally, could never do that.
They drove the Deluxe to church yesterday and they've taken it out around town a few times (shopping, movies, dinner). My dad just bought some parts for the Model A and they're probably gonna scrap the flathead V-8 for a small block Chevy engine.

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
They drove the Deluxe to church yesterday and they've taken it out around town a few times (shopping, movies, dinner). My dad just bought some parts for the Model A and they're probably gonna scrap the flathead V-8 for a small block Chevy engine.
:cry::mad:

LeVeL

Forum Addict
If the chevy is a better engine then I don't see why not. Like my friend once said: "If Lada make a better engine for my car than what I have, then I'd buy it."

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
Put a Ford in it. There only are only a few Ford models that work with engines from other manufactures and this isn't one of them.
You sure about that one? IIRC just about anything that came with a flathead is easier to get a chevy shoved in it than 99% of any other Ford engines due to the Front sump design on Ford engines vs Chevy's rear sump setup

Oh and as far as anyone that can mess with flat heads. These guys are king: They are in La Crecenta though

http://www.flatheads-forever.com/

Last edited:

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
You sure about that one? IIRC just about anything that came with a flathead is easier to get a chevy shoved in it than 99% of any other Ford engines due to the Front sump design on Ford engines vs Chevy's rear sump setup

Oh and as far as anyone that can mess with flat heads. These guys are king: They are in La Crecenta though

http://www.flatheads-forever.com/
By "work" I mean that I only accept Chevys in certain Ford models. I was not speaking of the mechanics of it.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
You could register it for Film work, offset some expenses & maybe make it famous, if driven by an A-lister in a blockbuster. :)
Never do that with a car you care for. Film crews only care for one thing: making a great movie. If that means ruining a rented car, they don't care, they are insured. Take my word on that, i am one of them.

Rokovak

Car(s)
2016 Cadillac ATS
Why have two Infinitis? I'd sell both and put that money into freshening up the flathead. Two less cars would free up some room, some cash, and would allow that beauty to keep her original heart.

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso, GL1000
Lovely car :thumbup:

If you aren't going to keep the flathead (which I would try to), at least don't do something as boring as an SBC. Do a period hotrodder motor like a 50s Olds Rocket V8 or a early Chrysler Hemi.