1940 Ford Deluxe

That is SWEET!

The old flathead engine is not doing too well and the brakes are pretty much shot. Anybody know a good classic Ford mechanic in Corona?

Dude your parents are awesome. Where do they keep these things?

Wow that thing is mint! Love the WW2 ration sticker too.

Dude your parents are awesome. Where do they keep these things?

We have a four-car garage but one of the bays was converted into a home office. The other three bays house our Volkswagen, Ford Deluxe, and my car. The Model A is in a storage unit and the two Infiniti Q45s are outside (one covered in the driveway). A lot of cars for three people, lol.

I have a question. How often do your parents (or will, since they just got them) drive these cars? Because I honestly don't see the point in having one of those if it almost never gets driven. I have a lot of respect for people that restore classic cars or buy them and keep them in mint condition, but I, personally, could never do that.

Wow, what a beauty ? your mom has great taste. :cool:

Hope she drives the Ford now and again.
You could register it for Film work, offset some expenses & maybe make it famous, if driven by an A-lister in a blockbuster. :)

I have a question. How often do your parents (or will, since they just got them) drive these cars? Because I honestly don't see the point in having one of those if it almost never gets driven. I have a lot of respect for people that restore classic cars or buy them and keep them in mint condition, but I, personally, could never do that.

They drove the Deluxe to church yesterday and they've taken it out around town a few times (shopping, movies, dinner). My dad just bought some parts for the Model A and they're probably gonna scrap the flathead V-8 for a small block Chevy engine.

They drove the Deluxe to church yesterday and they've taken it out around town a few times (shopping, movies, dinner). My dad just bought some parts for the Model A and they're probably gonna scrap the flathead V-8 for a small block Chevy engine.

:cry::mad:

Put a Ford in it. There only are only a few Ford models that work with engines from other manufactures and this isn't one of them.

Put a Ford in it. There only are only a few Ford models that work with engines from other manufactures and this isn't one of them.

You sure about that one? IIRC just about anything that came with a flathead is easier to get a chevy shoved in it than 99% of any other Ford engines due to the Front sump design on Ford engines vs Chevy's rear sump setup

Oh and as far as anyone that can mess with flat heads. These guys are king: They are in La Crecenta though

http://www.flatheads-forever.com/

Last edited:
You sure about that one? IIRC just about anything that came with a flathead is easier to get a chevy shoved in it than 99% of any other Ford engines due to the Front sump design on Ford engines vs Chevy's rear sump setup

Oh and as far as anyone that can mess with flat heads. These guys are king: They are in La Crecenta though

http://www.flatheads-forever.com/

By "work" I mean that I only accept Chevys in certain Ford models. I was not speaking of the mechanics of it.

You could register it for Film work, offset some expenses & maybe make it famous, if driven by an A-lister in a blockbuster. :)

Never do that with a car you care for. Film crews only care for one thing: making a great movie. If that means ruining a rented car, they don't care, they are insured. Take my word on that, i am one of them.

Why have two Infinitis? I'd sell both and put that money into freshening up the flathead. Two less cars would free up some room, some cash, and would allow that beauty to keep her original heart.

Lovely car :thumbup:

If you aren't going to keep the flathead (which I would try to), at least don't do something as boring as an SBC. Do a period hotrodder motor like a 50s Olds Rocket V8 or a early Chrysler Hemi.