Ownership Verified: 1967 Ford Fairlane 500

NotLaw

Car(s)
'90 Saab SPG, '84 K5 Blazer, '67 Fairlane 500
Well, this is my 67 Ford Fairlane 500.
Its a 4 door sedan with the 289 (4.7 liter) V8, with a 2 barrel carb on it.
I just got it a few months ago (February) and am now using it as my daily :cool:

I was told the engine was rebuild, but so far as I can see, whomever did it did a... well, poor job lol. (paints flaking, lots of OEM ford parts, some parts look like they may never have been removed int he last 20 yrs, etc)
since i got it i have:
-Rebuilt the carb,
-Replaced the coil,
-Switched to electronic ignition,
-Replaced the fuel pump,
-Got some hairline fractures in the radiator replaced,
-Replaced the thermostat
-Fixed some very leaky power steering hoses (they were loose lol) -Replaced all the brake pads,
-Replaced the front rubber brake lines,
-Replaced the front, and one rear bleeder nipple on the brakes,
-Drained and replaced the rear differential fluid (and it was naaasty looking too lol),
-New plug wires (broke one),
-And fabricated a piece of linkage to connect the choke to the upper choke flap.

and I think I may have done some more stuff too, but to be honest,, I cant remember it all lol
Long term plans are to get either a 302 or another 289 block, fix it up with some goodies (cam, heads, etc) and see if i can get a good streetable car with,, oh, I don't know, 300 to 350 or so horse :mrgreen:
Long tube headers and true dual exhaust are also in this cars future, along with a set of 15" Magnum 500 rims as soon as I can find a set hehe
I also have a friend whose helping me with the bodywork and such when we find the time. (that's why some of the trim is off at the moment, i have it all)
Right now, the exterior is not exactly my priority,,, I want to get it running the way i want first, and worry about how it looks later (Never? Sleeper FTW) hehe

i just took a few vids today, i will hopefully get those up later, for now tho, just a few pics, and a vid i took not too long after i got it.. Top two pics are a few days ago, bottom two were taken the same time as the vid...

http://img223.imageshack.**/img223/4141/p1030122yk5.th.jpghttp://img234.imageshack.**/img234/3002/p1020691bi2.th.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.**/img217/1471/p1020398zl4.th.jpghttp://img301.imageshack.**/img301/3414/p1020401yh9.th.jpg

[YOUTUBE]Zq5_KgSGde4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet ass car man! and i love the lack there of exhaust. the biggest performance adder for you will be electric fans so look into it. but be sure to upgrade your alternator or else itll fry like mine lol. Awesome car!

That is such a classically good looking car, and once you get a fresh coat of baby blue and some nice wheels, damn! :D

My Dad's first car was a Fairlane and I think he said it was light blue. I'm pretty sure he said he had a 289 in it as well, he's told me all about it several times now. :lol:

My dad had a Fairlane when I was a kid, it had the 289 as well. I wish now that he hadn't sold it...:(

Ack, I'd love to add a 500 to my collection. Good luck with it, and be sure to do it some justice.

Wow, what a magnificent car. Definitely awesome that you're using it as a DD. :D

Cool car!

67 looks so good with the stacked headlights.

That's cool.
I rented a convertible one on my wedding day, was awesome!

hehe, thanks for the reply's guys. I am so glad i found it, even if it is a ford lol, I rather like the MoPar's more, but the ford will have to do :)

Heres the vids i took yesterday,
[YOUTUBE]nt5q_zNu7dw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]XeBkpeT1eC0[/YOUTUBE]

both of those were pedal to the floor lol, this thing is sloooow as all get out, but according to the gal i bought it from, 18 mpg city is possible with it, so that's a plus side to it being so slow :lol:
It will prob be a while before it even starts to come close to my dream for it though.
Ultimately,,, like i said, 300 or so horse, 5 speed manual, mebby a lil bit stiffer suspension, sub-frame connectors.... and all looking bone stock from the outside hehe... Gotta love a good sleeper. Going to repaint it the same color for sure too...

Fabulous! And leave the exterior as it is, it looks just great.

Very nice!

I love old 50s/60s American metal

ill race ya in my 82' Impala! 267 FTW!

XD itll probably be close. even tho that was with my long tubes and cats and thats all. now its a tamed single 2.5" but it sounds great. ill make a flat otu video when i get the chance.

Last edited:
Fantastic looking car. I love the way the paint currently looks!

Ultimately,,, like i said, 300 or so horse, 5 speed manual, mebby a lil bit stiffer suspension, sub-frame connectors.... and all looking bone stock from the outside hehe... Gotta love a good sleeper. Going to repaint it the same color for sure too...

You'll need a car with subframes before you worry about subframe connectors ;). Pretty neat ride you've got there. It looks just like a big version of my Fairmont, faded baby blue paint, steel wheels and all.

You'll need a car with subframes before you worry about subframe connectors ;). Pretty neat ride you've got there. It looks just like a big version of my Fairmont, faded baby blue paint, steel wheels and all.

Haha! No joke, Ford just decided to...stop.

Cool car, welcome to the Final Gear classic Ford club, I myself have a 67 mustang!

That would look menacing in black! Did they use these as police cars back then? I think I've seem them in Bullitt and The Zodiac.