1977 Pontiac Trans Am - Time Bandit

When it comes to Pontiac I was always a fan of the old GTOs. My dad had a 1969 LeMans convertible with a GTO body package before I was born and I've never forgiven him for selling it when he went to Europe with the Army instead of preserving it for his future son.

Oh yes. That looks fantastic and the gold on it is wicked!

that car looks so ugly, overdone and wild, that it becomes cool imho

What an amazing, clean F bird. A little much with the graphics, but awesome all together.

jayhawk said:
What an amazing, clean F bird. A little much with the graphics, but awesome all together.

The Firebird on the hood is one of the best parts of the car, lol.

Looks great even though I'm a Camaro fan ;).

It's amazing how Pontiac knew how to make good looking cars, then forgot how to do so in the 90's, and is slowly learning again with the GTO and Solstice.

:woot:

(and hopefully a new camaro based transam?)

jetsetter said:
jayhawk said:

The Firebird on the hood is one of the best parts of the car, lol.

Well, yeah. :) I was talking about the liming on the fender flares.

Damn that looks hardcore. Kudos to him for the great job on the car :D Not sure about the gear knob though. Looks like the took a ping pong ball and drew on it with a sharpie...

Burt is a Fag with a Wig, but still that TA is really cool, i would swap the injection for something more modern and possibly double the HP. Other parts are spot on, nevermind C4 suspension is not exactly art now-a-days.. Seats, paint, wheels and detailing like that are O. K.

BlaRo said:
fbc said:
ESPNSTI said:
I've always, loved the looks of these.
To have one that actually performs like this is just.... :love:

Likewise - though I can't work out quite why I like them so much... it's an irrational thing...
Maybe because Smokey and the Bandit is your favorite movie? :D
I have no reason WHATSOEVER to like this car, but I want it so much that I can only explain it by saying I watched the movies too much...

Awesome!

I only have one thing to say to this!

Jerry Reed said:
East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
We gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.

Mischief007 said:

x2. Makes me wonder if the same can be done with a 2nd or 3rd gen Camaro. Preferably the latter...

YF19pilot said:
Mischief007 said:

x2. Makes me wonder if the same can be done with a 2nd or 3rd gen Camaro. Preferably the latter...

I intend to build a IROC-Z street racer ;).