Ownership Verified: 1995 Jaguar XJR manual

It's not common, but it can happen - frozen passages in the intercooler. Higher chance of it occurring if your daily drive is short.

Unlikely on an X300. Throttle body cleaning is a listed maintenance step and it is required; ignore it and unlike many other cars you will get a sticky throttle, hunting idle, etc.

Thank you, Jaguar, for making the throttle body the meat in an intercooler/oil filter sandwich. I am now waiting for the oil pan to cool down so I can get to the piping between the supercharger and the throttle body without burning my forearm.

image1__5_.JPG

On the one hand, hooray for having a working clock again. On the other hand, a simple digital clock in a Jag?

The digital clock was adopted in 1984 with the trip computer in the Series III and it continued on - it was at the time considered the height of refined technology and was a desired feature on all the high end luxury cars of the day. It wasn't until the mid 90s that tastes would change back to analog clocks being the most desired sort of timepiece.

I've got all of the sedans' clocks from the start of the Series III through to the X308. My desk clock is actually a working X308 clock that I keep meaning to get properly mounted - along with a Series III trip computer set to clock mode. :D

r51myE5.jpg

I actually pulled the vents from an X308 in a junkyard to see if it and the clock would fit my dashboard; sadly not. I still have that entire setup though; let's see who gets their X308 desk clock working first :p.

My clock actually works *now*. :p. I use it every day at my desk. I just need to get it put on a plinth or something.

Put it in the mouth of an oversized leaper?

Mechanic found the cause of the squeal: the vacuum-actuated supercharger bypass valve actuator. Damn thing is buried under the intercooler right by the throttle body.
EDIT: ...and the used replacement part also squeals. Either that or the squeal is coming from somewhere else.

Last edited:
Mechanic found the cause of the squeal: the vacuum-actuated supercharger bypass valve actuator. Damn thing is buried under the intercooler right by the throttle body.
EDIT: ...and the used replacement part also squeals. Either that or the squeal is coming from somewhere else.

Clearly you need a new, and bigger, supercharger.

New supercharger bypass valve in, and it's stopped squeaking. I have a proposal for you, Der Stig, Spectre, and/or Crazyjeeper: If you come to CrzRsn's Woodward dream cruise thing, I can sell you the XJR there. PM me if you're interested.

New supercharger bypass valve in, and it's stopped squeaking. I have a proposal for you, Der Stig, Spectre, and/or Crazyjeeper: If you come to CrzRsn's Woodward dream cruise thing, I can sell you the XJR there. PM me if you're interested.

To all: DO IT!

Michigan really isn't THAT bad. Especially on dream crusie week.

Last edited:
I will attest that Woodward is unlike anything I ever imagined. Last year I had a mental checklist of a bunch of rare classics I was hoping to see but didn't think I would... Yeah, saw them all on the way from the airport on Thursday night. The weekend blew my mind - I simply stopped noticing Superbirds, Daytona Chargers, Vipers, blown Nomads, etc.

Wait, WHAT? Why?

I'm ready to finally fulfill my fantasies and get a 2003-2004 XKR coupe, then put loud pipes on it.
[video=youtube;ThtO-yxt-_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThtO-yxt-_g[/video]

AnalGear approved.

Are those reliable?