[19x04] May 6th, 2011

[19x04] May 6th, 2011

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Best episode of the season so far. The Porsche vs Nissan was quite good. I think they need better cameramen but otherwise very cool. The N?rburgring track day was also sweet and yes I agree with Johnny, if you are only going to have one track-day in your life that one is the one...

Poor episode. I had almost no idea during the final race between the GT-R and the 911 who was driving which car thanks to a near complete lack of coherent commentary. Vicki's piece was blah. Ditto for the group review. And only Jonny "Spaz" Smith can make the 'Ring seem dull. Come on, Fifth Gear, I know you can do better than this. Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing the GT-R/911 piece.

I really liked the race. They are all doing a great job. Fifth Gear needs a bigger timeslot or more episodes per season.

I agree with The Spie. Nowhere near as enjoyable as the previous 3 episodes in this series.

I had waited for more than a year to see someone do a video of a GTR vs. 911 Turbo S. I didn't watch the entire show, just the GTR vs. Porsche part. Based on that alone, I would say 10/10. Since I didn't watch the whole thing though, I won't vote.

I saw that other thread about this "epic" shootout/dogfight/whatever with the GTR and 911TS, but it felt so short and rushed to me. Drag race, G meter, hot lap, done. I don't know, I guess they didn't really need to do anything else, but it was far from epic in my opinion.

Vicki's test was pretty good. Johnny's Ring segment was entertaining, but I'm not sure he was the right man for the job, maybe Plato would've been better there, it just felt a bit boring and stiff when Johnny was driving. The group test was business as usual.

Overall I give it a 7/10.

The GTR vs 911 was kinda weak, they've done better shoot outs before. Even Johnny's Nurbergring lap wasn't too exciting. Overall 7/10.

All in all i enjoyed the episode, but i think it could have been done better.
It just felt a bit rushed... 7/10

Oh, I've completely missed the start of the series. I just watched all of the 4 new episodes in a row and I must say I'm really liking this no-nonsense approach. All of the episodes were enjoyable for me, most would be in the range of 7-9 out of 10. Also I like their new team test thing, we finally get to see them together and they also look to be having fun, or at least if they have a semi-decent car.

For the 19x04, the set-up was great, shootout, good review and a travel/advice/track-day segment. All were well done, IMO, at least given that they have 20 mins for the episode. Actually I was quite surprised that the GT-R was so close to the Turbo S, I was expecting the Turbo S to blitz the GT-R on the straight. The new 6 series, looks much better than its predecessor, but looks too big and fat at the same time. The ring was fun, I finally have to go over there to pop my cherry :).

As time goes on the team is starting to gell together more and more. I actually like this new format and the respect they have for each other.

I only have one problem and that is that it is to short, it needs to be longer so as they can show just a little more of each segment.

I just starts to get meaty and bang its onto the next item.

I did notice the references to the web site for more footage which is great.

Loved it all

8/10. Overall pretty good, but I agree with TomCat that maybe that Johnny was wrong for the ring segment. Someone who knows how to drive fast should have done it. Johnny should have driven the BMW and Vicki should have driven the ring. Otherwise, it was an informative segment. I didn't know it was that easy to go drive on the Nurburgring. TDI Passats and people carriers!

The reason why Jonny was assigned to present the segment he did was because it was billed in the episode as 'track days for a novice'--and since Jonny is the only presenter who isn't a racing driver, having only gained his racing licence in a recent Fifth Gear episode from the last series, that's why he presented that segment.

The GTR vs. 911S lap battle was one of the most exciting segments I can remember on FG. Just awesome driving from Tiff and Jason.

9/10!

Yes, that was a very good episode, but I would love to see Jason at the Ring.