1st time with strobist shots

cl191

Car(s)
lawn mower
After lurking here for a while and getting inspired by all the great photographers we have here, I decided to go out to try my hands with strobist too.

1) It was really windy so I couldn't use the umbrellas to soften the light up, and it even blew my camera and tripod off which broke my ebay trigger...so I had to stick the speedlite 580 to my camera and use it to trigger the 480 on the light stand.

2)

3)

4) The strobes didn't really show up at all with the powerful street lights...

5) I just cleaned the car right before the shoot, and it picked the dirt back up right the way...and I didn't see realize the reflection until I got back home.

Some criticism will be welcomed, as I am still pretty much a n00b and thanks to you guys for all the ideas and technical stuff, I learned so much here!

Lipito

Car(s)
Peugeot 306 Rallye
The second is the best in my opinion. The hard lighting worked really well in this case. I just think the composition could be better, like a crop to cut the rearview mirror and bring the steering closer to the left border.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
From the perspective of a relative noob, these look amazing. Good work!

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I'm digging #4. Get rid of the strobes and just do it with available light...

cl191

Car(s)
lawn mower
Thanks everyone! :) The interior shots were inspired by syf0n's F430:

The mirror has been bothering me too, but I couldn't find an angle to get rid of it other than cropping.

syf0n

Über Photographer
Thanks everyone! :) The interior shots were inspired by syf0n's F430:

The mirror has been bothering me too, but I couldn't find an angle to get rid of it other than cropping.
Thanks! :) I get out to SF quite a bit, if there's more SF photographers on here maybe we can get together.