20-year old (!!) totals Gumpert Apollo (w/pics)

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
Saturday night, a twenty-year old boy from Gl?cksburg totalled a Gumpert Apollo on the L170 between Brokdorf and Wilster. Apparently he ran wide during a left turn, overcorrected and left the road on the left side, finally stopping sixty meters onto farm land.

The police estimates the damages at around 300000 Euros and investigate into weather speeding was the cause of the crash.

Both the driver and the female passenger were taken to hospital with light injuries (whiplash, i'd guess, as a broken bone counts as "severe" these days).

Police report (in German)

Badly-written newsbite (in German) with photos. Look at the trail of wreckage on the grass on the second photo!

Local media coverage (in German) adding nothing to the police report, but better written than the newsbite above.

Last edited:
Whether speeding was the cause? I think from looking at the pictures we can all safely conclude "yes".

Amazing looking at the wreckage that they got out with nothing more severe than whiplash.

Must be quite a hard car to handle.. Good thing they seem to be pretty safe when you crash.

I'm more impressed by how he managed to find a female willing to get into that Gumpert :p

Easy. "If you get inside you won't have to look at the damned thing!"

Woah, good job right there. Either daddys car or I don't really want to know where the money for it came from..........or footballer.

Some things:
First, monocoques work.
Second, do you need that engine? I am sure I can find a place for that...
Third: Full racing seatbelts and these seats? WORST. ROADHEAD. CAR. EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
He wasn't going fast enough ...... to generate the required down force? :p

Maybe he was a fan of top gear and tried to power out from the trouble.

Man, not much left of that is there?

When he gets out of hospital he better ask his dad for some high performance car driving lessons, then next time he might have more chance of not going backwards into a field.

I'm more impressed by how he managed to find a female willing to get into that Gumpert :p

She's 19, so she's possibly a Girl than a Woman, you can impress those with a 1991 Ford Fiesta, with unpainted white ebay-bodykits naild (litteraly) onto it, trust me. :lol:

I somehow hate kiddis who just passed their driving test (only just), that are available to drive such Dreammachines provided mostly by Dad (unless they're footballers)

Man, not much left of that is there?

When he gets out of hospital he better ask his dad for some high performance car driving lessons, then next time he might have more chance of not going backwards into a field.

Hah, when I got out of the hospital I'd be trying to sneak out the exit farthest away from my Dad if I wrecked his supercar. (or any car for that matter...)

Reactions: MWF
That's only 60 km away from me...

Fucking youngsters, why do you have to overestimate yourself and wreck a 300k Euros-car? In a Fiesta he would have been eradicated from the genetic pool which would have been infinitely better than wrecking a supercar and get away with minor injuries...

I bet no one on these forums would have driven the car in their 20's if they had the chance. :p

By no means I would have turned down to drive one, but as I am not somebody who wants to show off I think I wouldn't have wrecked it. If I wanted to get a kick in such a car I would drive carefully to an unlimited Autobahn when it's empty and give it the beans there.