20-year old (!!) totals Gumpert Apollo (w/pics)

I bet no one on these forums would have driven the car in their 20's if they had the chance. :p

At any age if I were given a car like that I would have been entirely too terrified to open it up. I was driving my friend's 350Z the other day and he goes "this is the slowest anyone has ever driven my car". I was sitting in the middle lane doing 50 like the traffic in front of me... I don't normally drive slow but if the car is new to me and is someone else's I'm not going to open the taps.

The lack of respect is the main issue with people driving a powerful sportscar for the first time. It's not like driving an ordinary car. You can basically do anything with a Fiesta in a corner and get away with it but if you do the same thing in a Gumpert you're done. There are much more variables you have to be aware of when driving a car like that especially when driving it fast.

Well, especially driving a RWD car with almost slicks in that dimension......it basically has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge grip capability to give you trust to push it in the corner but fucks you over when it hits a slight bump while cornering.....

I bet no one on these forums would have driven the car in their 20's if they had the chance. :p

I would, and I'd have wrecked it. Still don't know how the Sierra I had as a company car back then and I survived each other.

Hah, when I got out of the hospital I'd be trying to sneak out the exit farthest away from my Dad if I wrecked his supercar. (or any car for that matter...)

Nah, its only a material item. Insurance may well cover it and if you're rich enough to own something like that it also may not be a massive blow anyway. If I was Dad I'd be happy my son was still alive. Peeved of course, but at the end of the day its just carbon fibre and metal and it can be rebuilt/replaced unlike our selves.

And if he's a footballer, well, he's just gotta do some jogging on a pitch and falling over alot for 90 minutes a week for a couple of weeks and he can buy another in no time.

At any age if I were given a car like that I would have been entirely too terrified to open it up. I was driving my friend's 350Z the other day and he goes "this is the slowest anyone has ever driven my car". I was sitting in the middle lane doing 50 like the traffic in front of me... I don't normally drive slow but if the car is new to me and is someone else's I'm not going to open the taps.

I got offered to drive a C4 Corvette when I was 15. This was while I was on holiday in the US visiting some of my dads friends in South Carolina. As I hadnt ever sat behind the wheel of a moving car before... I thought better of it. But if that had been 2 years later, once I'd passed my driving test, I would of said yes in a heart beat and balls to buying a ticket to a festival of plastic death.

Last edited:
If that was my kid he would get an ass-kicking, but at the end of the day as a parent you'd be happy that you kid managed to come out of that with relatively minor injuries.

Maybe as punishment I'd make him drive a pink micra convertible for a year :think:

My guess is he asked the girl to play with his knob and she went for that fancy traction control thingy.

^ does the gumpert have the buttons to pick different power outputs or is that the Noble?

She might of went for the knob that turns the car up to 11 and then instantly went off the road backwards in a cloud of tyre smoke and thunderous engine note.

I think it's safe to say that's a write off !
Better it's been enjoyed than locked away in some garage though, even if it's not necessarily his lol

If that was my kid he would get an ass-kicking, but at the end of the day as a parent you'd be happy that you kid managed to come out of that with relatively minor injuries.

Maybe as punishment I'd make him drive a pink micra convertible for a year :think:

Exactly, while my Dad would no doubt be relieved that I was ok...he'd still want to/probably would kick my ass and I'd know it too. :p