2001 Audi S4 2.7T

AutoAero

Car(s)
2001 Audi S4
3629629153_1cb9775d2e.jpg

I finally purchased an S4 for myself a few weeks ago to be my daily driver after about a year of searching/saving. It is a 2001 Casablanca White Audi S4meaning its got a 2.7L Twin Turbo V6. I went with a tiptrontic because I for some reason don't really care to drive a stick, mainly as a daily driver, but I might try and toss some paddle shifters on it. At purchase the car had 75k on the clock and with timing belt, water pump, alternator, and some other goodies taken care of a couple thousand miles before I bought it. Its originally from Alaska so it has an engine block heater :D. The guy before me had 5% tint on the rear windows which I ended up removing myself as I couldn't see shit out the back at night with the auto dimming mirrors, or even during the day if I was to wear sunglasses. It has grey leather interior with wood grain trim, single in-dash CD changer with the Bose system. Exterior and engine has some minor mods done by the first owner such as the RS4 front bumper, but heres a list of all mods done so far and some pictures.

Modifications:

Engine/Performance:
Engine Block Heater
Hyperboost Diverter Valves
Samco Throttle Body Boot

Brakes/Suspension:
Stock

Wheels/Tires:
Stock

Exterior/Body/Lighting:
Clear Corners
Stealth Bulbs
RS4 Grill
Rieger RS4 Front Bumper
M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler
55w 5000k DDM Tuning HIDs
30% Tint​

Interior/Electrical:
Glowshift Boost Gauge
Custom Vent Gauge Pod
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Belt-line Trim​

Pictures:

3630391272_80e17056d6.jpg

3880236010_677ed546db.jpg
3879437779_4706d3ae68.jpg

3880236552_c9478644e2.jpg

3879437941_a2c85b9cce.jpg

3880236660_7683df5b30.jpg

3880237264_82a0f39cf7.jpg

3879439041_c99a160ba1.jpg

3880237430_d9a2ec875b.jpg

3879439323_ddb676d95f.jpg

3880237098_27fc14b8a9.jpg

3880237004_e1bdcee986.jpg

3879438545_a8887a3ac3.jpg

*awaits cock comments*

Last edited:
Love white cars
Love Audi
Love S4
+1 to you good sir

Nice buy! White Audi A4/S4's FTW. Get the tiptronic chip if you think it shifts too slow.

Very nice, very clean S4. Any mods in mind? ja404, is there a tip chip for the B6?

Nice car!

What's the quality on that M3 Lip spoiler? I've been thinking of putting one on my Volvo. It's considerably cheaper than getting a original Volvo spoiler. How does it look on the S4?

Theres chips for about all Audis now, GIAC and APR are the most common companies people go with, APR I know has really been kickin to get chips for the B8 stuff, which I think they have some now.

http://www.goapr.com/

The lip seems solid too me. I'm not the one that put it on but if I had anything to say theres maybe a more than desireable gap where it sits on the trunk when viewing it from the rear, but thats really picking at faults. And it looks great, its subtle changes like that make these kind of cars look good. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow.

No major mods in mind yet besides re-tinting the windows, boost gauge, TBB replacement, mostly preventative stuff. I would love to get a tip chip but I'm a little worried the extra power will blow my turbos, they ain't know for reliability :p

Heres a day-light interior shot. Its wood trim but the piece around the shifter I layed matte black vinyl on, one because I'm not too fond of the wood, and two it has a crack in it.

3629576597_acc01429f0_o.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent. I approve. That first photograph is really cool as well. :cool:

Thanks I'll check it out, though I wonder if it would play with my APR chip....
Theres chips for about all Audis now, GIAC and APR are the most common companies people go with, APR I know has really been kickin to get chips for the B8 stuff, which I think they have some now.

Yeah I got APR Stage 1 on the engine but they don't seem to touch the tranny.
I would love to get a tip chip but I'm a little worried the extra power will blow my turbos, they ain't know for reliability
Actually the problem is not the turbos themselves usually it's the supporting hardware such as the DV's. It seems most people who do a chip don't realize that the rest of the hardware needs to match.

Last edited:
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Very clean, very nice.

Heres a day-light interior shot. Its wood trim but the piece around the shifter I layed matte black vinyl on, one because I'm not too fond of the wood, and two it has a crack in it.

Wood rocks. It adds a lot of class to the interior. Also, I want your steering wheel.

Wood rocks. It adds a lot of class to the interior. Also, I want your steering wheel.

Wood is the worst interior trim option, but for what it costs to change to brushed alum or piano black, I could live with it if the rest of the car was mint.

Nice B5 man. Pre 01.5 FTW :cheers:

Wanna drag? :p

1.8t vs 1.8t? I got a unfair advantage though. :p

--*back on topic*---

Congrats on the S4, I think I saw you on AZ? I suggest you change your oil @ 3,000 miles on the dot, otherwise you're going to have to kiss those k03's good-bye, also take a good long time cooling down the car before you turn it off, the oil feed lines come extremely close to the exhaust manifold, last thing you want is super heated oil cooking the shitty journal bearings inside the turbo.

Also.. Seeing your car is Tiptronic, try not to abuse it too much, Ive seen too many B5 S4 torque converter failures, especially if you get the car chipped.

I work @ SSP Tuning in Long Island NY, if you need any aid with your car feel free to PM me.

The lip seems solid too me. I'm not the one that put it on but if I had anything to say theres maybe a more than desireable gap where it sits on the trunk when viewing it from the rear, but thats really picking at faults. And it looks great, its subtle changes like that make these kind of cars look good. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow.

No major mods in mind yet besides re-tinting the windows, boost gauge, TBB replacement, mostly preventative stuff. I would love to get a tip chip but I'm a little worried the extra power will blow my turbos, they ain't know for reliability :p

APR Ecu chips are by far the most conservative (also the slowest), TCU tip chips are virtually identical though. Keep it with GIAC for ECU software if you'll go that route. As long as you keep the boost at around a 19/18psi level you'll be fine. Listen for the tale tale dentist drill noise / choo choo train noise for signs of a failing turbo.

The trim is a pain in the ass to swap, I just wrapped mine in carbon fiber weave, most of the dash needs to be taken apart in order to remove the two front trim pieces.

Remember K03 turbos WILL fail, its not a question of if but rather a question of when. People joke around that they're grenades with the pin half way pulled out. (wish you saw a 2005 2.7t motor, they addressed almost all the design flaws, sadly the last year for the 2.7t.)