2003 BMW 540i6 Sport

RPM Photography

Car(s)
Too Many - See Sig
Here is my 2003 540i 6-Speed M-Sport.

Titanium Silver over Black. Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package.

Few modifications with a lot more to come:

LN3F2266.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

And here is a quick, crappy video of an Auto Cross in it before any mods:

http://rpm-photography.com/540/540iAutoX1.wmv

i'm usually not such a fan of silver cars, but thats extremely hot, especially with those wheels.8)

Such a lovely car! I had the pleasure of driving a 740i once, I absolutely loved its engine. I cannot imagine that it'd be much different with the 540, so I basically can say anything but to enjoy it every time you turn the keys!

What are the silver circles in the lower front grill, pardon my ignorance. More fogs? Whatever they are, it'd be spot-on without them.

i like it alot except for that black molding on the doors and below the headlights. They shoulda made that match the body color

Thanks for the comments guys.

The "Silver Circles" in the lower grille are inlets for the brake ducts. I like the way they look.

NewGrill2.jpg

I have been considering getting the trim painted body color. There is another one around town that has them painted. I am going to see if its worth it.

Holy hell that is sexy. I actually looked into these things at one point, somehow I like this better than the E39 M5 even, because the M5 would be the obvious top of the line choice. I've seen a bunch that come with kind of CSL style wheels though, and I like those better than the ones you have on your car, which are already awesome.

i would like to personally shower you with much praise for purchasing an E39 5-series...it is by far the best looking 5 series and is a car i'd gladly chose over the current 5 series anyday. infact as soon as i can afford it (ie graduate and get a good job) i'd love to purchase just such a car.

i believe Tiff Needel (i think, not sure), who is a M5 nutter, said the 540i is just as good as the m5 above it only its even more stealth and saves you more money. the engine 4.4 liter so its not like its far off the m5 anyway

and yes i would take the E39 M5 with its 5 liter V8 over the E60(?) M5 with its 5 liter V10

probably the best looking BMW in my book.

does yours have HID's/LED's? i know the later 5 series got HID headlamps (which look the mutts nuts) and i think LED rear brake lights

Last edited:
Yes, I still prefer the look of the E39 much more than the E60. I like the E60, but I just don't think it should have had a BMW badge.

I had the option of buying a E60 545i, but I still preferred the E39, so I found a low mileage last year 540i.

Yes, I still prefer the look of the E39 much more than the E60. I like the E60, but I just don't think it should have had a BMW badge.

I had the option of buying a E60 545i, but I still preferred the E39, so I found a low mileage last year 540i.

your car looks so badass, i can just imagine it barrelling down the motorway houding people in the outside lane with its bad-ass dreadnaught looks.

do you have hi-res shots of that car? would love to have them

I always thought the 540i is a V8?!?!?! :blink:

otispunkmeyer- Yup, mine has the HID Headlights, factory angel eyes, but I am not sure about the LED tails. I know it has the updated tail lights, but I am unsure what it used to light them. I will try to find out.

Sure, I have some high res shots of the car, I also have some from a group photoshoot with two of my friend. Both are Titanium Silver M-tech E39s. One is an M5.

the Interceptor- the 540i indeed does have a 4.4L V8 Engine. Designation M62.

Now that car was Bimmers design studio at its very best! Nice ride, looks clean and a great choice of motor :)

Any interior shots??

/OT - Will you be hosting any Top/Fifth Gear in 2007? Did you overcome the hosting problems you had earlier this year?

Now that car was Bimmers design studio at its very best! Nice ride, looks clean and a great choice of motor :)

Any interior shots??

/OT - Will you be hosting any Top/Fifth Gear in 2007? Did you overcome the hosting problems you had earlier this year?

I have a few interior shots, I will have to upload those this afternoon.

/OT - I am going to try hosting the first episode of Top Gear this year. See how it goes. Hopefully I got the problems worked out.

It is a V8 - why are you wondering?
the Interceptor- the 540i indeed does have a 4.4L V8 Engine. Designation M62.
Ah, now I got it. I was confused by the thread title, which says "540i6". I misinterpretated that as "540 inline 6", where it actually means "540i 6-Speed".

Sorry! :?

my god you're pictures are amazing!!
pleeaaase post more of them :)
especially your signature pictures looks beautiful!