2004 Crown Victoria

And don't forget supercharging your car would automatically make it on my "theft" list ala' Gone in Sixty Seconds (not that it isn't already). :D You can find some cheap Eaton M112's on ebay from people who are upgrading their Cobras to the Whipple.

The Marauder Airbox and Police Zip tube are really all I need. They're the biggest (anything like a K&N FIPK or the like are just filters) for the car and they suck in more than enough air...

Hell I could supercharge my car tomorrow (if funds only allowed) and the airbox/tube setup would still the best application for the job...

Then its the best it can get. gotcha. and JCE is right..... ebay holds the answers ;)

I know it does, but I kinda need the money in my account for other more important things than a supercharger. (like bills and loans)

Also, a Cobra M112 blower won't work on my car. That blowers set up for a 4v intake, I've got a 2v...

And to convert either to make them work is too much money I'd rather spend on a built transmission (cause I know I'd need one...)

There are still options for 2v guys like myself...

I could go vortech ot paxton, but I hate centrifugal blowers (unless they're turbos)...

Saleen has a Eaton M112 for 99-04 2v stangs...
Roush has their Eaton M90 for 99-04 2v's
There was AED that actually made a M90 kit for the Panther class (ie Crown Vic, Grand Marq, Town Car) but they went belly up again...

I'm counting my pennies for a kit from these guys though...
http://www.torktech.com/index.asp

Then of course it's off to the paint booth...I'm absolutely sick of black paint...So its going bye-bye...

damn thats a nice kit. how much does one of those go for ? and how come your gonna change the color ? i myself am not the biggest fan of black. especially with my camaro. there just to played out IMO. the purple is much nicer

There are still options for 2v guys like myself...

I could go vortech ot paxton, but I hate centrifugal blowers (unless they're turbos)...

Saleen has a Eaton M112 for 99-04 2v stangs...
Roush has their Eaton M90 for 99-04 2v's
There was AED that actually made a M90 kit for the Panther class (ie Crown Vic, Grand Marq, Town Car) but they went belly up again...

I'm counting my pennies for a kit from these guys though...
http://www.torktech.com/index.asp

Then of course it's off to the paint booth...I'm absolutely sick of black paint...So its going bye-bye...

I thought in 1999-2004 the 4.6 was 3V for the GT and 4V for the Cobra? *edit*Nevermind, it wasn't its in the new ones. And the M112 is probably my favorite supercharger--I'd say definately get it if it will work for your car.

And, gun metal + Vic = WIN

And, gun metal + Vic = WIN

Agreed! Gunmetal or a purple. it can work for camaros and challengers. why not a vic ??? itll definitely set you apart from the crowd. and after all. isnt that half the battle ?

Agreed! Gunmetal or a purple. it can work for camaros and challengers. why not a vic ??? itll definitely set you apart from the crowd. and after all. isnt that half the battle ?

:lol: I'm sorry, reading that line made me think of...

[YOUTUBE]XVRBBy65IYQ[/YOUTUBE]

:lol: I'm sorry, reading that line made me think of...

[YOUTUBE]XVRBBy65IYQ[/YOUTUBE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: GGG III JOE!!! i remember those days lmao. it reminded me abit of that too. but purple wouldnt be bad for that car. and very unique

Gunmetal: Cool but its been beaten to death on Vics (Thank you Mass State Police)
Purple: not a big fan...

The blower kit itself is just about 5k even, which for a blower kit is pretty damend nice...

As for color, well this should give you a hint...
IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

$5 for a full blower kit is a good deal. especially if it works right :p and with the dark green..... i like it, but idk if it would sit quite right on the vic. idk why but i cant see it working as well as purple. which your not a fan of. but its gotta be a dark color thatll keep the car looking ferocious.

FordCrownVicFRT.jpg

doesnt look the worst...

but either which way i think you should do this swap!! or just get the $5k blower :D
http://jalopnik.com/cars/engine-swap/engine-swap-of-the-day-lightning+engined-crown-vic-316606.php

That's not the exact color on that Vic...

There were 3 Green colors available on the Crown Victorias, and none of them are even remotely similar to Dark Highland Green...

With the exception of paint code FU (no I'm not making that up, its really paint code FU)

This is DHG in the sun...
IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

its a nice color. just need to really be in the sun to appreciate it really. nearly to similar to black to bother repainting. but it would still be real nice.

Ummm, I just soiled myself. :cry:
:lol:

As a Brit I can't really get my head around the Crown Vic. I can understand it being a police car or a cab, but why would anyone want one as their own car? The design isn't exactly modern or amazing is it? I personally think it challenges the Nissan Sunny for the 'most boring car' award. A big engine doesn't make it any better for me.

I didn't even realise you could buy Crown Vics until I joined these forums...

Maybe saying it's boring is a bit harsh since Ezbok owns one, but can someone explain the reason for having one?

I personally think they're very cool. If you're not an old person, and you're driving a nicely-modified Vic or Marauder, it's very cool.
Plus, people get out of your way or slow down for you on the highway because they think you're a cop.

Maybe saying it's boring is a bit harsh since Ezbok owns one, but can someone explain the reason for having one?

there roomy, inexpensive, powerful, fast, easy to maintain, cheap to own and opperate, decently fuel efficient, menacing, aggressive, and capable of cornering cars. whats not to understand ? other then its a ford :p

As a Brit I can't really get my head around the Crown Vic. I can understand it being a police car or a cab, but why would anyone want one as their own car? The design isn't exactly modern or amazing is it? I personally think it challenges the Nissan Sunny for the 'most boring car' award. A big engine doesn't make it any better for me.

I didn't even realise you could buy Crown Vics until I joined these forums...

What they said above, pretty much. It's a V8 sedan with RWD, and there aren't many cheap (<$25k) cars like that still sold in the US, aside from pickup trucks. Old technology means it's mature enough to be reliable and cheap to service, and V8+RWD means has, at the very least, fun potential. If you ever get the chance, try one and you'll understand; a V8 with an opened up exhaust system at full throttle is an experience not lightly forgotten. A friend of mine once had an '87 Pontiac Firebird, which was a similarly antiquated car, technology wise, but the rumble and roar of that beast under the hood had no equal.