2004 Crown Victoria

As a Brit I can't really get my head around the Crown Vic. I can understand it being a police car or a cab, but why would anyone want one as their own car? The design isn't exactly modern or amazing is it? I personally think it challenges the Nissan Sunny for the 'most boring car' award. A big engine doesn't make it any better for me.

I didn't even realise you could buy Crown Vics until I joined these forums...

Maybe saying it's boring is a bit harsh since Ezbok owns one, but can someone explain the reason for having one?

The other guys seem to have the right idea. For me its about one simple thing, its the last of the American Musclecar. I'm serious, think about it.

America has no more musclecars minus the Vic. The 300/Charger/Magnum is on an E-class Merc Euro platform, the GTO is on an Aussie platform, the new G8/Malibu again is on an Aussie platform. The upcoming Challenger might be the second if there is no Merc under that skin. But either way. the Crown Vic is the last of the pure American Musclecar. Its a large car with a large engine powered by the rear wheels, that equals a musclecar. That being said, the Crown Vic isn't blazingly fast (its quick but not fast stock), its heavy, its rolly polly in the corners with the stock suspension, its automatic only, its HUGE, and most models don't even have a center console. BUT, its RWD, V8, makes a particularly brilliant noise especially with a Mustang exhaust and performance intake, it can be made very fast with little money, its cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, cheap to insure, will last longer than dirt, is comfortable with the right seats, and when driven like a grandmother gets ok enough mpg. What's not to like? If you ever drove one and are open minded about American cars you might like it. I owned an ex-Police car and it was fantastic fun to drive. And while it rolled in the corners a little dab of the throttle can enduce some hellacious power slides. I kid you not it can quite easily slide all day long--and what's not fun about that? :lol:

The other guys seem to have the right idea. For me its about one simple thing, its the last of the American Musclecar. I'm serious, think about it.

America has no more musclecars minus the Vic. The 300/Charger/Magnum is on an E-class Merc Euro platform, the GTO is on an Aussie platform, the new G8/Malibu again is on an Aussie platform. The upcoming Challenger might be the second if there is no Merc under that skin. But either way. the Crown Vic is the last of the pure American Musclecar. Its a large car with a large engine powered by the rear wheels, that equals a musclecar. That being said, the Crown Vic isn't blazingly fast (its quick but not fast stock), its heavy, its rolly polly in the corners with the stock suspension, its automatic only, its HUGE, and most models don't even have a center console. BUT, its RWD, V8, makes a particularly brilliant noise especially with a Mustang exhaust and performance intake, it can be made very fast with little money, its cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, cheap to insure, will last longer than dirt, is comfortable with the right seats, and when driven like a grandmother gets ok enough mpg. What's not to like? If you ever drove one and are open minded about American cars you might like it. I owned an ex-Police car and it was fantastic fun to drive. And while it rolled in the corners a little dab of the throttle can enduce some hellacious power slides. I kid you not it can quite easily slide all day long--and what's not fun about that? :lol:

agreed but i feel the Impala SS was the last True muscle car. the 4.6 in the crown vic isnt ballsy enough to make it a real muscle car without modification. the LT1 tho in my dads caprice with those iron heads is incredibly powerful. and when i say that thing corners. it can be scary at how good it is ;)

agreed but i feel the Impala SS was the last True muscle car. the 4.6 in the crown vic isnt ballsy enough to make it a real muscle car without modification. the LT1 tho in my dads caprice with those iron heads is incredibly powerful. and when i say that thing corners. it can be scary at how good it is ;)

The current 4.6 in the Grand Marquis produces 240hp, (and the Mercury Marauder produced 300hp). That isn't far from my Dad's Roadmaster with its 260hp LT1.

The Crown Vic P71 produces 250bhp and 300 torque. That's well enough for the musclecar name. Even the 240bhp model still has enough torque for some tireshredding fun.

the iron head LT1 made a shat load of torque real low down which is what that car needs. my uncle has a Grand Marquis with the 4.6 and it isnt anything like my dads car

The really sad thing is they really don't build big V8 sedans anymore. Crown Vi8cs and Town Cars are only available through fleet sales, and the Impala SS is nothing short of a joke... The G8 is pretty much an Australian car, and the 300c is based on ye old E-Class platform so it doesn't count either. If you think about it, a shrunken, lightened GMT 900 chassis with a sedan body along with a 5.3L Vortec engine with displacement on demand would make one hell of a car. If they can get the looks right, it could be a proper American sedan.

The really sad thing is they really don't build big V8 sedans anymore. Crown Vi8cs and Town Cars are only available through fleet sales, and the Impala SS is nothing short of a joke... The G8 is pretty much an Australian car, and the 300c is based on ye old E-Class platform so it doesn't count either. If you think about it, a shrunken, lightened GMT 900 chassis with a sedan body along with a 5.3L Vortec engine with displacement on demand would make one hell of a car. If they can get the looks right, it could be a proper American sedan.

i was talking about the impala SS from 94-96 the big Badass corvette powered monster

You can joke on the 'current' WWD Impala SS all you want, but don't take one lightly when you pull up against one.

Last time I was at the track I was against the Grand Prix GXP (same car, badged as a Pontiac) and it literally wipped my ass...

And the Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Town Car are no Muscle Cars, not even close to it infact.

Yes the P71 Interceptors have 250hp, but it makes all its power at 4k rpms...these cars have little to no low end grunt. It's the fatal flaw with the Ford OHC engine, no power till well into the rev band.

Stock these cars are unbelieveably slow... 15.7 was my stock drag time, and then all I could beat on were the ricer crowds, get into anything from the past 10 years in stock or lightly modified form and I don't have a chance.

These cars are mostly bought by people like me, who want something 'different' something you don't expect.

How often do you see a Loud Crown Vic driving around that doesn't have either a Gangsta or 5.0 behind the wheel?

How often do you see a Loud Crown Vic driving around that doesn't have either a Gangsta or 5.0 behind the wheel?

Well i do see alot of crown vic taxis that have bad exhausts which make them loud :D but those 4.6's have no low end balls. that was the problem with the marauder. alot of people that loved the mid 90's impala SS' but never got one had the chance to get a similar car but everyone who tryed one said it had no low end torque.

im sure yours is quick tho. especially with that full exhaust you have. sounds awesome!

the new G8/Malibu again is on an Aussie platform.

The Malibu isn't related to the G8 in any way, shape or form. Malibu is FWD and on the Epsilon platform, the G8 is RWD and on the Zeta platform.

What's the other GM car that is going to use the Zeta platform? I thought there was a second one.

I thought the latest Buick was going to use the Epsilon II platform. The only other car that currently uses the Zeta platform is the upcoming Camaro.

And we're back. I've got a bunch of stuff to include so I suggest you take your 56k, and get otta here!

My car club had a track day not too long ago, here's the car all washed and cleaned...
Behold the glory of Fords Black paint after 4 years... bleh... (the reason its getting DHGM)
IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

I'm also done with the flaming floormats...what the fuck was I thinking when I got those? :wtf:

Now, to the track day :D

About 9 of us were there. I was one of 3 non-forced induction vehicles...

It was hot as hell, but I needed to see what the car would do after the exhaust and tune...

First run, 85 degrees, and a lot of humidity...couple that to a completely un-prepped track (cruise night...) and I was having traction issues, as was everyone else...

First run... 15.0 @ 92mph

Second and final run was done in 80 degrees and a whole lot less humid climate...

14.9 @ 92mph

Now compairing the 14.9 to my previous best of 15.2 won't work, different conditions/weather. So I'd have to compare the time to another time I ran in high humidity/hot weather...

And amazingly I can!

2 years ago I ran in 90 degree heat with about 90% humidity...and the car did 15.7 @ 88mph...

So comparing those two....in ideal climate/weather the car's got at least a 14.7 in it. needless to say I iz happiezed :nod:

Timeslips.jpg

Yes the Mountaineer Ran...:nod: :D
IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

OMFG A Fiero! :eek:
IMG_1202.jpg

OMFGWTF A Fiero w. a 3.8l Supercharged powerplant :drool:
IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Video...

I wonder what that whistling sound is :mrgreen::woot:
[YOUTUBE]2rSr6p5uqLo[/YOUTUBE]

F150 Lightning on street tires...
[YOUTUBE]dPASK9RnI40[/YOUTUBE]

Pics my buddy with that Grand Marquis took.

pict1284.jpg

pict1285.jpg

pict1286.jpg

pict1287.jpg

pict1294.jpg

pict1297.jpg

pict1303.jpg

pict1315.jpg

pict1316.jpg

pict1322.jpg

pict1323.jpg

pict1333.jpg

pict1334.jpg

pict1335.jpg

Yesterday was also our 7th annual car show, so I'll have a full coverage of that as well :)

Cobra R :drool:

GTO :drool:

Caprice/Impala :drool:

That Mountaineer is such a sleeper! I would honestly love to have a go in that car!

The Cobra R isn't a real Cobra R... ;)

Cobra Rs only came in bright red, and they didn't have Vortech's on them ;)

We call it, the Yobra :nod:

That Mountaineer, still doesn't have all the bugs worked out of it yet. :nod: It can only get faster.

He's already kept up with a worked over GTO, and a Corvette... leaving their owners wondering :wtf:

The Yobra...:lol: