2004 Crown Victoria

The G8 is pretty much an Australian car,

It's more just that American's seem to like the same sorts of things in their cars that we do in AU (and have enjoyed in our cars for a while)

Not a real update because there's nothing to update. (well I did get rid of those tacky flamed floormats)

Why isn't there a update? Well about a month ago I left my job delivering new cars to journalists, couldn't take the BS and long hours anymore, so I took a drastic (and boy do I mean DRASTIC) paycut and now handle packages at FedEx Ground. After a month I still like it, although my bruises don't.

I did want to update this with something...so how about a stroll down memory lane...

Behold my first car, my ride through most of high school, 95 Z28 Camaro (auto)
Z28.jpg

Z282.jpg

I loved the speed the damned thing had, did a best run of 13.9 with only the addition of a K&N FIPK. However every gasket on the engine blew out and it started leaking oil all over the place, the electrics were absolute garbage I lost my ABS almost every other day, and the last straw was the transmission dying. So I slapped a for sale sign on the bastard and got rid of it.

My friend posing in front while I smoke the hides :D
Z283.jpg

I did have some good times in that car, but I don't miss it, and I don't want another one. Ever. (maybe the new one since there's nothing at all related to my 95)

Didn't have a car again till college really, didn't need one till then. By that time my love with the 'Panther' class had come back into play (Panther is the chassis name for the Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Car), so I wanted one of those.

I originally wanted a Police Interceptor, but couldn't find one with the options I wanted (didn't know how hard it was to find one with cruise control and a spotlight till I actually looked), So I went civilian owned Panthers, and after a short search I found it.

My second car, 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP (Handling & Performance Package, hence HPP). Lacy Spoked wheels, Dual exhaust and my personal favorite, Digital Dash. :D
GMQ.jpg

(My dash was similar, but I had light grey and leather.)
2904759_5.jpg

Later I blacked out the center of the grille, giving it a Marauder look.

I still miss that car. (I traded it for my Sport, still...I miss it so...)
GMQ2.jpg

You've had some cool cars... I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to be stuck with a civic for the next year or so of my life. :( Oh well, at least it will be an Si

As much as I try to hate the Crown Victoria, I can't help but like it after seeing yours. The interior looks like a pretty nice place to be, and you can't get away from the coolness of it being a cop car. :)

damn you did have some nice cars man. especially the 95 Z' :thumbsup: its a shame that you had to get rid of it. i love my 94' Z so that wont be going anywhere for awhile :D

damn you did have some nice cars man. especially the 95 Z' :thumbsup: its a shame that you had to get rid of it. i love my 94' Z so that wont be going anywhere for awhile :D

Well, I honestly didn't have to get rid of it, when I sold it the only thing wrong with it was the interior light which kept flickering on and off (I pulled it out completely). But by that time I was so goddamned disgusted with the damned car I wanted it gone.

In high school I was one of 3 who had 94-96 F body Camaros. One was a 94 V6, my 95 Z, and another with a 96 Z (6spd).

The 94 went through 3 engines, 2 rear ends and (gasp) a electrical problem. The 96 kept eating transmissions and clutches like there was no tomorrow and every other day it refused to start or the battery refused to hold a charge.

3 different Camaros, 3 different years, 3 different sets of problems. I find out later that reliability of them was usually hit or miss, 50/50 chance of getting a good one, or a dud.

I'm actively searching for another 98-99 GMQ LS HPP like I originally had, that's how much I miss that car. The Camaro? heh...

I'm glad its gone, I hope its causing misery to another unfortunate soul or was crushed into a cube...that's how much I ended up hating that car.

Well, I honestly didn't have to get rid of it, when I sold it the only thing wrong with it was the interior light which kept flickering on and off (I pulled it out completely). But by that time I was so goddamned disgusted with the damned car I wanted it gone.

In high school I was one of 3 who had 94-96 F body Camaros. One was a 94 V6, my 95 Z, and another with a 96 Z (6spd).

The 94 went through 3 engines, 2 rear ends and (gasp) a electrical problem. The 96 kept eating transmissions and clutches like there was no tomorrow and every other day it refused to start or the battery refused to hold a charge.

3 different Camaros, 3 different years, 3 different sets of problems. I find out later that reliability of them was usually hit or miss, 50/50 chance of getting a good one, or a dud.

I'm actively searching for another 98-99 GMQ LS HPP like I originally had, that's how much I miss that car. The Camaro? heh...

I'm glad its gone, I hope its causing misery to another unfortunate soul or was crushed into a cube...that's how much I ended up hating that car.

damn man that was deep! ive heard of afew problems but those are more like major catastrophes. as for me tho. the only thing wrong with my car was the neglect that the other owner gave to it. i had to change alot of wear parts just because the owner i bought it off of (a young punk. even tho i just turned 21:p) decided it had to look better then stop or be capable of driving. had to replace the clutch, brakes all around, and the tires, and the E-brake. but once all that got taken care of. along with the oil leak at the intake manifold. it was alright. but everything ive done to the car is 100% based around performance of some kind. and with that theres always something to run into thats a headach. but at least you made a good choice with your current car. im not a ford fan at all. but that CV is insane!

That's another thing about my Z28. The brakes were always appauling/rubbish/garbage...I'd stop better if I chucked a anchor out the window instead of using the brakes.

What gets me is that absolutely no one I took the car to (3 different dealers and 2 private shops) couldn't fix the problem at all. The pedal was practically to the floor every time I had to reel it in to stop, it was terrible.

I found out from the guy who I sold it to the front rotors and disks were absolutely shot. Probably explains why I kept getting the 'ABS inop' light come on every once in a while.

That's another thing about my Z28. The brakes were always appauling/rubbish/garbage...I'd stop better if I chucked a anchor out the window instead of using the brakes.

What gets me is that absolutely no one I took the car to (3 different dealers and 2 private shops) couldn't fix the problem at all. The pedal was practically to the floor every time I had to reel it in to stop, it was terrible.

I found out from the guy who I sold it to the front rotors and disks were absolutely shot. Probably explains why I kept getting the 'ABS inop' light come on every once in a while.

yeah the stock brakes suck ass! i was inbetween LS1 and C5 brakes. i chose the C5 brakes and have been so happy that i did. there truely awesome!

I did have some good times in that car, but I don't miss it, and I don't want another one. Ever. (maybe the new one since there's nothing at all related to my 95)

:cry:

Love my 95 camaro despite its problems :D

And now, a update!

Another of the sites I go to is having its 'Panther of the month' contest (Panther refers to the platform name my cars built on. Panther platform= Crown Vic/CVPI/Grand Marquis/Town Car)

So I got the car cleaned and headed out a photoshoot at my old high school...

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

A few changes I've made;

1. the hideous flamed floormats are gone (yay)
2. the exhaust tips have been painted and look better than ever
3. I've put the engine cover back on (tired of trying to clean in all the crevices...cover hides them)
4. I have another catalytic converter dying on me... :nod:

And I'm due for inspection this month :D

And I've made another exhaust video!

[YOUTUBE]1iwJWPna4Eo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Nice car and I'm glad you got rid of the flaming floor mats, but...
IMG_1423.jpg

The fluffy dice and the Crown Victoria wording on the dash trim is frankly hideous :S Not quite my cup of tea. The car and the nosie is looking great though :D

*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

(i like the crown victoria wording)

See if you can get a pic next to a cop car, that would be cooool.

Nice car and I'm glad you got rid of the flaming floor mats, but...
IMG_1423.jpg

The fluffy dice and the Crown Victoria wording on the dash trim is frankly hideous :S Not quite my cup of tea. The car and the nosie is looking great though :D

Thats why it isn't your car :p

The car originally had a little sticker on the fake wood trim saying crown victoria on it, and I didn't like the plain look without something there.

I like the wording, and I LOVE the fuzzy dice!

Car looks good man!

Thats why it isn't your car :p

The car originally had a little sticker on the fake wood trim saying crown victoria on it, and I didn't like the plain look without something there.

i love it XD and as for the sound... its the best sounding crown vic there is!

man i really like your car... its just the sedate normalness of it all, but at the same time it just looks cool.

i'd love to have one and just waft around everywhere.

and fuck me side ways does yours sound sweet!!! and i love how it jerks into position when you started that burn out, like its squirming like a barely contained beast

Last edited:
Today was a day at the drag strip...

First time I've seriously drag raced the car in over a year (and first time with all the good stuff in decent racing weather...)

New best 1/4 mile time of....

14.3 @ 95mph :D

Considering the last I ran was in July in humid 70s the car did a 14.9...well theres a lot to be happy for :)

And a few pics...
IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Are those genuine factory Marauders or just copies? Great looking poster btw :D

That engine noise....:shock::wub:

http://img222.imageshack.**/img222/6953/mustnotfapyv3.jpg