2004 Crown Victoria

Ezbok58a

Car(s)
Crown Victoria LX Sport
Being one of the odd-ball vehicles here, I figure why not share :)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Bought new back in Oct of 04, well under sticker price (cars depriciate like a brick in the ocean!)

Here's what it looked like when I got it home...

car6.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

A lot has changed in those years :mrgreen:

First off, it was way too quiet for my taste. Being it had mufflers and resonators on there the car was exhaling through a straw. That changed...

Mufflers replaced with SLP Loudmouth IIs Straight through flow, and no more resonators.

That was followed by a new intake, rear gears (3.73 instead of 3.27, and LSD instead of open diff) and a nice tune to make it all work.
Exterior got a new Police Interceptor Grille, 2006 Mustang GT Bullitt wheels and tires, and a set of Foglights.
PICT0104.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

However my school got in the way of driving, as a result things that shouldn't start breaking down until well over 80k started failing much earlier. Have a listen...

Yep, one of my 4 catalytic converters was dying, so a change was in order...
IMG_1375.jpg

Why replace one cat when I could just replace all of them, AND get better performance and sound :D
IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

Now with HIDs and darker headlight/corner lights...
IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

And as of 2 days ago...
IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Currently its undergoing a dash cluster swap, harder than it sounds.
IMG_0236.jpg

All to go from this
IMG_0235.jpg

To this...
IMG_0192.jpg

And some more sound clips :mrgreen:

[YOUTUBE]9GLuSHwitgA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]uOSg3EBG1n8[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome to the boat owners club. You'll fit right in with the rest of us.

Looks fantastic. Those Mustang GT rims look brilliant! Now get some 0% tint and the Marauder headlights.

I see that someone was also bitten by the sct bug. I didn't even know that they came with floor shifters. Are you going to badge it as a Marauder?

Beautiful car, I love Crown Vics. I agree with the above posts, the more Marauder like the better.

For those who are wondering what we are talking about:
Mercury Marauder
alt.jpg

Awesome car! I love what you've done with the exhaust. It's loud enough to sound good but not so much that it's obnoxious. The undercover police car look is excellent! :cool:

This car looks so good with that 'Shaft would drive this car' look. :cool:

btw, the floors, they are on FYARR!

Nice car. I like everything you've done with it minus the Mustang rims. I want a fan of those on the Mustang even.

I had a soft spot for the Marauder, too bad it's gone. It was the only Mercury I ever even took note of.

Beautiful car, I love Crown Vics. I agree with the above posts, the more Marauder like the better.

For those who are wondering what we are talking about:
Mercury Marauder
alt.jpg

My neighbor's got one of those in silver, it makes a hell of a nice sound. :thumbup:

Looks excellent! How big is the engine?

It has the same 16 valve 4.6L that was in the last generation Mustangs, though a bit detuned.

it looks like the lights are a tad too small, and the bumper hasn't been screwed on right.

I just noticed that too.

Last edited:
About time you shared this car with us. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy an ex-police version? I know the mileage on those cars would be high, but they're as reliable as a rock. I love all the mods, but those flame rubber carpets need to go. What are you planning to do with the dashboard?

agree with the carpets, but that is one badass ride! i can imagine a decal on the side: "To punish and enslave" :lol:

you did a great job. thats very well done up. im not a big ford fan but im a big car fan. and that looks and sounds the part

The skew bumper is a courtesy of the fine people at the St. Thomas assembly plant where the car was built. :)

The dashboard now looks like this
Cluster.jpg

Minus the mercury emblem.

The floormats are there only because they're good rubber, and I don't want to dirty up my stock floormats. :D
To do the Marauder lights I'd have to replace the entire nose of the car with Marauder parts, then it'd look odd since it'd have the Marauder grille on a Ford.

Foglights will be upgraded to something other than the walmart specials that it has now (they're bright, but look ricer-ish) and a Mach 1 chin spoiler will be added to the front.

The gauge swap is complete, only I've wired the tach to the wrong wire, so tomorrow I'll get that fixed...and get it washed...

Add a grille guard/bullbar and a spot light and people will be scooting out of way for ya!

It's always funny to watch the average driver slow down when they see a "cop." :lol:

Add a grille guard/bullbar and a spot light and people will be scooting out of way for ya!

It's always funny to watch the average driver slow down when they see a "cop." :lol:

That's what happend to me when I had a retired Police Interceptor. :D People were slowing down and hitting curbs everyday. It was very entertaining.