2005 Orca C113 Prototype

Overheat

Forum Addict
(from Orca Press Release) Chassis (Monocoque)

All chassis-parts content 10 ? 12 layers of carbonfiber/nomex, which are baked in the Autoclave oven. The chassis (5 parts) are glued together after the first time in the oven, hardened and go back into the oven again.

The entire chassis-construction can be disassembled in three sections (front, mid and rear). All fitted
elements are made of corbonfiber as well as stiffened with aluminum. There is a fast-lift attached to the
chassis, so that wheel change will be without any difficulties. The weight of the chassis with all supports and attachments is well under 200 kg.

Body

Two-seated super-sports car with carbon fiber Monocoque, which contents 4 ? 6 layers of carbon/kevlar and is baked and hardened as well. The entire body is made of 10 single parts for a trouble-free and inexpensive interchange. All the parts, which are attached to the body, are glued and screwed together. All parts weight is at about 45 kg. Curb weight of the car is 850 kg.

Suspension

Double wishbones front and rear with coil springs and alloy uprights. All suspension parts are made of
aluminum by CNC machining and are covered with a layer of carbonfiber. Ventilated and cross-drilled carbon composite brakes front and rear. Eight-piston brake calipers. Pushrod system with coil/damper unit and adjustable gas shock absorbers. Ultimate, specially designed active suspension, electronically controlled and adjustable by any personal computer. Orca designed two-piece wheels with polished rims. Tire size is 245/35-18 front and 295/30-18 rear. (Tire-weight 7.5 and 8.5 kg)

Drivetrain

Transverse, mid-engine, rear wheel drive, half-sequential seven-speed gearbox with 80% differential lock.

Engine

Water-cooled V8 with twin turbochargers and intercooler, 4200 ccm capacity. Power is 650 BHP at 5400 rpm and torque is 665 lb.-ft. at 4200 rpm (DIN 70020)

Cockpit

Alcantara leather ? Alu-Carbonfiber (or as required)

for pics and specs go to: http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Orca-C113-Prototype.htm

astroboymoto said:
bone said:
sounds cool, looks nasty
sounds cool??? Orca? as in Whale? are you serious? that's got to be the worst name for a car ever :lol: :p

the specs sound cool ;)

heard about this a long time ago, not really impressed. however it will supposedly break the 250mph mark.
and i doubt it will weigh that much.

The specs are amazing, but in the looks department, it seems kind of outdated.

I like the way it looks too. Wicked. Much like the Gumpert Apollo.

I am a big fan of function dictating form. (McLaren F1, VW Beetle, RS200, a bunch of BMW's, Mazda Rx-7 (FC&FD)... They always look better to my eyes when they look like they were made for a specific task.

Homologation cars = perfection.

Lets hope this one makes it into prduction.

[edit] OOOoooo.... I just realized MTM is helping in th engine dept. Me likeeee! :D 8) :D