2006 WRX

motogpboy

Car(s)
2006 WRX
Here she is on Lake Almanor

l_20ee6b1a306d09f79ec1207650bbf72e.jpg

And just another shot
536171747_l.jpg

She's got a Vishnu stage 1 kit, prodrive exhaust, a kartboy short shift linkage, and a few other odds and ends. Love her :)

Please, don't refer to your car as a female; it's disturbing.

Anyway, IT's a nice car.

Please, don't refer to your car as a female; it's disturbing.

Anyway, IT's a nice car.

I ride motorcycles...they're ALL she's.

Very nice sir.

May I suggest springs as your next mod? Stock ride height ftl.

My car's big bro. Very nice!

Very nice sir.

May I suggest springs as your next mod? Stock ride height ftl.

I've heard that in some instances, lowering your car too much actually negatively impacts the handling on the rex. What would you recommend?

I've heard that in some instances, lowering your car too much actually negatively impacts the handling on the rex. What would you recommend?

Yes that's true. There is a point where if you lower the car too much without other modifications to the suspension, the handling will be severely compromised. Essentially, if you lower the front end of the car where the hub to fender measurement is < 14", the suspension geometry gets all wonky. There are solutions to this, mainly the balljoint and tie-rod extenders offered by companies like Whiteline and 6Gun Racing.

Personally, I recommend the Tanabe GF210. It offers a great compromise between ride height, comfort, and strut longevity, while keeping the front suspension geometry intact.

Personally, I think STI brand "pink" springs are a good compromise. Maybe it is from working for a Subaru dealer, but I think STI makes a damn good product.

Love the growing number of Subie owners here! :clap:

Nice ride. SGM?

Yup :)

I got it in December of 05.. the only SGM non TR version of the WRX in the state of CA at that time was in Sacramento so they had to do a dealer trade to get it for me.

It was crazy how little of them of ANY colour there were back then.

mmmm, another beautiful hawkeye! Subie owners are slowly on the rise :D

Treat her well.

My Car just got rear ended today :(

Guy was in a Ford Ranger with a metal bar front grille... he was stopped behind me at a red light then thought the light turned green so he accelerated straight into the back of me...

Ugh..Not happy.

2569_150638565110_802100110_6214219_6680150_n.jpg

Yeah but the situation still sucks..he was already stopped behind me...then just hit the gas straight into the trunk. Ugh.

so your subie lost to that ranger in a drag race?
just kidding.. could be worse tho.

Someone did that to me. the bumper was slightly warped and there were holes from the license plate screws.. Their insurance was rewarded with the cost of $800 to reheat the bumper and reshape it to stock. The cost of a 5 mph collision.

That said, that looks like it was not a pleasant hit.

My Car just got rear ended today :(

Guy was in a Ford Ranger with a metal bar front grille... he was stopped behind me at a red light then thought the light turned green so he accelerated straight into the back of me...

Ugh..Not happy.

2569_150638565110_802100110_6214219_6680150_n.jpg

A girl on another forum I'm on has a similar, but older, grey WRX and had the same thing happen, only the offender was a Mitsubishi Fuso. :blink:

Insurance fixed it all up, though. Hopefully you are able to get your car fixed up back to her/its former glory. ;)

On the bright side, it may be your chance to get a new bumper. You can try something aftermarket perhaps...I don't know if there is a good one though.

Do an 05+ STi bumper with the rear fender flares.

Hope you're okay, and good luck with the repairs.