2007 Bahrain GP

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Seeing as it's only a week away. Here's the thread. Fingers crossed for another good race.

Honda got a new aero package? Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Kimi gets a new engine, yes?

Kimi have new engine next week? Yeah, maybe we can now see the real potential of the Ferrari and a fast driver behind it. :lol: at Felipe. The guy is funny. He goes from pole Hero to Zero in fifth place in just two laps, and was beaten by a rookie who is only in his second race. I can't wait for Bahrain.

This week Kimi will win. With a new engine he will do superb. Hopefully Massa will bring his A-game this week. It's sad because I really like Massa and he is a good driver but his judgment sometime stinks.

Massa'a being beaten by Kimi and Alonso like he should be, but Lewis has shocked him and I think he wont recover from that. He isnt as good a driver as everyone thinks, and he only won Brazil because Michael had problems, even though he got to 4th, and Alonso only needed to finish in the points.

This week Kimi will win. With a new engine he will do superb.

Alonso will also have a new engine, and I think the McLarens are slightly quicker over one lap than the Ferraris, so expect them to be right there in qualifying with the potential to stuff Ferraris race all over again!

I want to see Kimi win in Bahrain then Alonso in Spain. It'd make it an exciting championship if the championship leader keeps changing.

Alonso will also have a new engine, and I think the McLarens are slightly quicker over one lap than the Ferraris, so expect them to be right there in qualifying with the potential to stuff Ferraris race all over again!

I know Alonso will, just like the AU GP but oh I forgot, what happened in the AU GP? :p

:lol: at Felipe. I'm starting to like Felipe but I feel Kimi will win in Bahrain, plus there is no doubt he is going to be Ferrari #1 driver. Still :lol: at Felipe.

Im gonna wait til after Practice 2 to make my predictions. I think Kimi and Fernando will be strong, but Im waiting to see what Kubica and Heidfeld can do, especially Kubica.

I still have reservations about Kubica. He drove superbly at Monza last year for a podium, but he hasn't really done much in any of his other races. The guy is fast, no question but I still think he makes too many mistakes. He should come good though.

Another Hermann Tilke circuit so it'll be all Ferrari and McLaren with BMW a distant third.

If there are no cars around Felipe he'll turn in respectable laps but expect him to do something stupid early on if there's some competition or even the slightest hint of pressure of any kind. Seriously, all this Felipe love exists only because he drives a Red car. Sure he can turn in a fast lap, but he can't RACE.

Another Hermann Tilke circuit so it'll be all Ferrari and McLaren with BMW a distant third.

If there are no cars around Felipe he'll turn in respectable laps but expect him to do something stupid early on if there's some competition or even the slightest hint of pressure of any kind. Seriously, all this Felipe love exists only because he drives a Red car. Sure he can turn in a fast lap, but he can't RACE.

flyingfridge's sig said:
I'd REALLY like to meet Hermann Tilke. Just so I can hit him over the head with a large mallet.
:lol: I'm with ya!

I still have reservations about Kubica. He drove superbly at Monza last year for a podium, but he hasn't really done much in any of his other races. The guy is fast, no question but I still think he makes too many mistakes. He should come good though.

Yeah, Martin was saying that last night. He needs to pull his head in and focus. Don't forget Vettel is in the wings too, if he or Heidfeld stuff up.

I want Hamilton to win; that would be amazing...

Only one step of the podium left...

I think he'll win a race this year, its just a matter of when.

I like Hermann Tilke circuits. Malaysia and Turkey are great, and the new Hockenheim is very good as well. Shangai and Bahrain are a bit dull though.

My money is on Turkey for Hamilton to win his first race. Based on his GP2 performance there and the fact he loves that circuit.

Only one step of the podium left...

I think he'll win a race this year, its just a matter of when.

I like Hermann Tilke circuits. Malaysia and Turkey are great, and the new Hockenheim is very good as well. Shangai and Bahrain are a bit dull though.

I can't agree. They are massive expanses of boring racing. The tracks are too wide, the corners promote technical excellence for a fast lap but don't make for entertaining or even competitive racing. The new Hockenheimring is an ABOMINATION compared to the old magnificent circuit. I'll concede that he did do a reasonable job of Turkey but he completely and utterly destroyed Fuji. It was a fantastic circuit, and while it did need an update, Tilke completely bent it over and gave it a solid arse rogering.

The best track of the year is Monaco and its great for the exact reason Tilke circuits suck. Monaco is a tight track where the emphasis is less on the aero package because of the low speed therefore the speed comes from mechanical grip and the driver. The aero package has less of an effect than anywhere else in Monaco. Tilke circuits reward a good aero package and advanced aerodynamics is exactly what is killing the competitiveness in formula one. Only the teams with ridiculous budgets AND the right engineers get the aero spot on. Look at Ferrari and McLaren vs the rest of the field and look at poor Honda this year. There is a reason V8 supercar is as entertaining as it is and that reason is that the aero profile of the cars is the same under project blueprint and the governing body of the series is making moves to reduce the amount of aerodynamic downforce on the cars and is allowing engineers to work on mechanical grip, the top contributor to entertaining racing.

Tilke circuits are very wide, have flowing turns and have a low grip surface, therefore they place very little emphasis on mechanical grip. That's why watching a race on a Tilke circuit is like watching a procession. Sure, there was the exciting moment at Malaysia where Felipe Massa outbraked himself against Hamilton, but that was just a hot headed young racer and that incident could have happened on any track. Unfortunately Tilke circuts are not designed to encourage that.

Last edited:
The best track of the year is Monaco and its great for the exact reason Tilke circuits suck. Monaco is a tight track where the emphasis is less on the car and because of the low speed, more on mechanical grip and the driver. The aero package has less of an effect than anywhere else in Monaco.

I agree with you that Tilke tracks can suck a bit. Malaysia and Bahrain do in my opinion. Turkey and Hockenheim dont though. As for Monaco, yes it's one of the best, but in my opinion Spa-Francorchamps is just the greatest circuit ever, and I am so happy that it's back on the calander. I've missed not being able to drive it on the Playstation last year!!