2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Welcome to the 2007 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix.

After 16 races and a season filled with on and off track drama, the title will be decided here at Interlagos between the McLarens of Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, and the Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen.

Malaysian%20Podium.jpg

The championship standings are Lewis 107, Fernando 103 and Kimi 100.

For Lewis to win the title he needs to either come 1st, or finish 2nd behind Fernando if he wins, or 5th if Kimi wins.

For Fernando to win the title he needs to either come 1st and hope Lewis finishes 4th or lower, (Fernando wins based on wins this season if Lewis comes 3rd with 5 to 4) and needs to finish 2nd if Kimi wins and Lewis comes 5th.

For Kimi to win the title, he needs come 1st and hope Lewis finishes 7th or lower and Fernando finishes 3rd or lower.

Here are the championship standings and points for each position finished for the three drivers. (For the above equations, I have done the likely scenario, I have added the full points below for your benefit).

Image4.jpg

Now for the last 6 questions of 2007.

1) Who will be the 2007 Formula 1 World Champion?
2) Will we see our 3rd wet race in a row?
3) Who will take 4th Place in the constructors, Williams on 28 and RBR on 24?
4) How will Kaz Nakajima do in the Williams?
5) Who will fill the front row in Qualifying?
6) And finally, if Lewis wins the title, what will James Allen's reaction be?

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to post these threads. It's been great fun throughout the year getting these ready for you and for the discussions and debates we have had in them. I look forward to continuing them in 2008 :)

The Brazilian Grand Prix starts with Practice 1 on Friday the 19th of October.

Until then, let the discussion begin and enjoy a Martini or 4 on me :)

Image3.jpg

Macca?s new device for Brazil

F1 pundits and fans of Lewis Hamilton alike have spent the last few days asking themselves the same difficult questions.

Why didn?t the team tell Lewis his tyres were finished? Why didn?t Lewis tell the team his tyres were finished? Why did he go wheel-to-wheel with Kimi Raikkonen when he didn?t have to? And just who put that silly little gravel trap there?

Who knows, but McLaren technologists think they have found the answer to stop such a disaster happening again, with the introduction for Brazil of a new gadget called ?Hindsight-drive?.

According to a source close to the team, ?Hindsight-drive? (pat.pending) can be activated from the car or pit wall and will give a variety of answers to any given scenario.

For example, type in ?the tyres are down to the canvas? and the machine will say ?change them now or regret it forever? and ?drive slowly into the pits, you have no grip?.

?Hindsight-drive? was originally trialled at the team last year on Juan Pablo Montoya?s car, when it was known as the ?I wish I hadn?t done that-drive?.

Juncao

Now for the last 6 questions of 2007.

1) Lewis Hamilton. It will be too hard for Kimi to do it, and I don't want Alonso to do it.
2) Hopefully!!
3) Red Bull.
4) Midfield.
5) Hamilton and Kimi.
6) We will here the thump of him hitting the ground after Martin punches him out!!

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to post these threads. It's been great fun throughout the year getting these ready for you and for the discussions and debates we have had in them. I look forward to continuing them in 2008 :)

Thank you for providing these questions throughout the season - look forward to them in 2008!!

1. Lewis Hamilton I think. I don't want Alonso to 3 peat and Kimi is probably too far behind. I will sleep alright with that result though.

2. No I doubt it and kind of hope not. Would like just a nice straight ahead flat out race. Remember what happened last time it rained at Interlagos!!! Freaking Chaos!

3. Williams, I expect to see Nico in the points (hopefully a better race for him than last year though!!). Red Bull don't have the speed to overhaul a 4 points difference.

4. Competent, nothing more. Out in Q1 I think, although that is no worse than Wurz (no offence to Alex)

5. I think Massa and Alonso. The Ferrari isn't so great here but Massa goes well and Hamilton has never driven here before. Although that doesn't seem to hamper him much.

6. kaboom!!!

and thankyou Honda for preparing these threads! I have been to quite a few forums in search of good motorsport discussion and feel I have finally found "home" in this one. Passionate, informed fans with "mostly" no bias. Can't wait to begin 2008 debates, glad to hear you will still be hanging around from your new home.

1. Unless Alonso decides to put Lewis in the gravel trap, Lewis will take it!
2. Nah.
3. Williams
4. I dunno.
5. Lewis, Kimi.
6. Again: Who the fuck is James Allen? :p

6. Again: Who the fuck is James Allen? :p

He commentates on all the races for ITV, the reason we keep talking about him is because in Australia our commentators are so crap they don't even know what a black flag means. So they just use the ITV commentators (which I approve of). The thing about James Allen is, he fell in love with Lewis Hamilton. So every race he gets all G'ed up about Hamilton.

At the Nurburgring, when Lewis fell down to last place on the grid and was a lap down for the restart, James Allen actually thought he could get a podium, if it weren't for him doing the restart on dry tyres.

This race is going to be off the hook, three drivers are going to be racing at 100%, I feel sorry for Hamilton, he's going to have to do a lot of thinking and mathematics while hes on the track, to think about whether he's going to be world champion if a certain car goes past him.

Also I hope Channel 10 will grow some balls and show this race live. FUCK THEM! I can't believe China wasn't shown live, it was on at 4 PM, instead they showed some stupid shitty Rugby Recap and "Ten's News at 5". I couldn't bear to watch the race un-live so I scoured the internet and found a program called TVAnts, then I located a local Chinese TV channel and watched the race with Mandarin commentators. They were so damn funny when Hamilton went off the track "WAAA", when anything cool happened they'd say "WAAAH!!!".

Last edited:
1) I'd prefer Kimi to take it, but won't lose any sleep whoever takes it. Hopefully it'll be an exciting battle, though...
2) Propably not, though I wouldn't mind.
3) Could be Red Bull. They've had a few strong races but no luck, and Williams having Nakajima won't help their cause.
4) Erratic. Possibly a few glimpses of speed but I won't expect him to keep it on track.
5) I'm expecting to see Kimi there, propably accompanied by Alonso.
6) Dunno, and actually don't care. Sorry.

Also I hope Channel 10 will grow some balls and show this race live. FUCK THEM! I can't believe China wasn't shown live, it was on at 4 PM, instead they showed some stupid shitty Rugby Recap and "Ten's News at 5".

Brazil tends to be on at around 2 or 3am in the morning so it should be shown live.

HondaF1 said:

1) Hopefully Hamilton, or if he can't, then Raikkonen.
2) Yeah, hopefully dry. Interlagos tends to provide decent racing anyway and I want to see a straight fight.
3) Williams
4) Crap. Midfield at best.
5) Hamilton and Raikkonen
6) I don't want to think about it :p

Thanks for posting the threads this year! Same with Necx0 (did I get it right?), its been great fun discussing my favourite sport with all of you guys. I think this race is going to be terrific. 8)

I'm going to stick with my original prediction: Alonso takes out Lewis, Massa about to win the race, pulls over and lets Kimi take it. FIA decide not to question team orders.

2) Will we see our 3rd wet race in a row? NO

3) Who will take 4th Place in the constructors, Williams on 28 and RBR on 24? WILLIAMS

4) How will Kaz Nakajima do in the Williams? accident, but not his fault.

5) Who will fill the front row in Qualifying? Alonso, Lewis, Massa then Kimi

6) And finally, if Lewis wins the title, what will James Allen's reaction be? GOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!

1) As much as I want Kimi to win.. I think Hamilton will win
2) Don't think so but hopefully
3) RBR
4) Don't know
5) Massa, Hamilton, Kimi
6) Don't know

Thank you HondaF1 for those question.. it was a very awesome ride and looking forward to 2008's :)

1) Lewis
2) I just want a straight dry race...it's been good fun, but now strategists shouldnt be deciding the title
3)Williams
4)Normal...nothing special...
5) Kimi, Hamilton, Massa
6) He'll start listing all the records Lewis has broken as he crosses the line...

Thank you for providing these questions throughout the season - look forward to them in 2008!!

and thankyou Honda for preparing these threads! I have been to quite a few forums in search of good motorsport discussion and feel I have finally found "home" in this one. Passionate, informed fans with "mostly" no bias. Can't wait to begin 2008 debates, glad to hear you will still be hanging around from your new home.

Thank you HondaF1 for those question.. it was a very awesome ride and looking forward to 2008's :)

Thanks guys :thumbup:

I'm going to stick with my original prediction: Alonso takes out Lewis, Massa about to win the race, pulls over and lets Kimi take it. FIA decide not to question team orders.
shitstorm-flyer.jpg

Massa has always been quick here right? Ferrari 1-2 would be the best for Hamilton. If Massa pulls over and lets Kimi take it, the scandal that will follow would be worse than stephneygate.

Just short fill him at his last stop so he has to stop, or make him run wide into a corner.

If Massa pulls over and lets Kimi take it, the scandal that will follow would be worse than stephneygate.

That's my point, the FIA won't do anything. "It was the driver's choice not team orders."

Would like to see Lewis win - of course I'd like to see Button take Alonso's seat, but he says he's staying with Honda. Davidson wouldn't be bad either.

As long as he/McLaren/whoever it was doesn't make any boneheaded moves like at China, Hamilton will clinch it.

What am I, a weather forecaster? :p Well, I am indifferent. If it rains, it means a good race for Button and a good race for spectators, otherwise I'll be fine with it - we've had two rainy races, so I can deal with more stability for less action.

I haven't really been following the constructors' championship.

Who?

Hamilton, Massa (in that order).

Now, c'mon, that's not appropriate to discuss on these boards :lol:

1.Kimi!
2.I'll let you guys know how the weather will be 'round here that week (usually the forecast for Rio is what happened the day before at S?o Paulo... So, the forecast for Monday in Rio is what should happen in SP at Sunday)
3.Williams
4.I don't know, nothing really special, probably. Wanted Nelsinho Piquet to have taken that chance.
5.Massa, Kimi, Alonso
6.Don't know, but surely will be less horrible then Galv?o Bueno (our TV's commentator);

In that case there would be no need for Massa to move over as Kimi would win the title anyway.

Same with Necx0 (did I get it right?), its been great fun discussing my favourite sport with all of you guys. I think this race is going to be terrific. 8)

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

1) Kimi, i hope, or Alonso
2) Hope so
3) Williams
4) Not so sure, can never count on test drivers:rolleyes:, but he did do 7000 odd km in a F1 car, so surely he should be familiar with the car.
5) Kimi, Alonso, Masa, Hamilton followed by Heidfeld and Kubica:|
6) He might piss his pants from the excitement... and ITV will be forever doomed, filled with non stop Hamilton praises.:mad::mad::mad: