2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

I've only just started watching Formula One this season...and I love it...but if they disqualify BMW and Williams and Lewis Hamilton wins I'll be properly pissed. I don't know all that much about the sport but that just doesn't seem right at all. Hamilton lost fair and square and doesn't deserve the title.

If BMW had an unfair advantage, then that could be all the reason in the world for Hamilton not to have advanced to 4th on his own and win the title for himself.

Interesting to see where this goes...

It'd be pretty lame... but we don't need to jump to conclusions

still it was an interesting race, with much of the drama provided by finish people - kovalainen? two time crasher - in one race, that deserves kudos :p

We'll take some credit for Rosbergs amazing overtaking and driving as well, Thank you very much :p

hm ok, take 50% heritage points there, we claim the other 50% :)

anyway, what's that investigation all about? i turned off the telle once the race was through. and to add to that, during the race i had muted the sound, pointless babble of some ex-hotshot racedriver and his equally challenged co-commentator.. boring.

after all this is formula one. the top of the motorsporting world - according to a lot of people. with all these scandals and investigations and disqualifications (already pronounced and pending ones) the sport is almost a byproduct. i wonder when we reach the point where the racing is just the half time show between the latest episode in "the simple race" or some other random title for a reality based soap around motorracing. gosh. they ticked of the americans with that indianapolis thing a few years ago, now they disqualify a team (sort of), blablabla.
also what's with the allowing all the technological gizmo one season or two or three and then removing them again (for good - supposedly) only to allow them or some variant of them again later for a few seasons and then ban it again. friggin make up your damn mind. no electronics governing traction, no movable parts and slick or rain tyres. DONE.

jeeez, with all that crap going on, i'm tempted to lose f1 completely and switch over to touring cars and the le mans series. blargh

/rant

one thing about the alonso - hamilton thing. i don't think hamilton got a better treatment or better material over alonso. it's just their policy - and has been for ages - at times in the past and maybe this season, too, working against them. they believe both drivers should get the same material. so they do that. alonso, as the reigning world champion, felt entitled to get the better parts (because let's face, out of two engines, one has to be a wee bit better than the other), but didn't. i don't know how they decide who gets what - maybe they just cast the engine and say engine one goes into car 1, engine 2 in car two, engine 3 into car 1, ... so all in all he made a big stink because he didn't get the preferred treatment he expected. that really is all. but then again he's a twat for thinking he'd get that after at least a decade of ron dennis and mclaren claiming to have equal drivers and not favoring any one of them. so in essence he hoped for something the team wouldn't give him. couple that with a teammate that, although being a rookie in formula one, turned out to be the 2nd best driver in the world this year. that's gotta work your ego as the reigning champion quite a bit. im not trying to defend alonso, he's still a twat in my opinion, but you gotta see the bigger picture to all this. and to say that this is all ron dennis' fault is also stupid, because all the players knew the rules - some just hoped against better judgement that the rules would be changed for them is all.

bla

so are we going to see additional drastic changes for the fia f1-rulebook for next year as a result of this years soap-opera?

so are we going to see additional drastic changes for the fia f1-rulebook for next year as a result of this years soap-opera?

Probably. Its the same thing with the NFL here in America. When you're at the top of the sporting world, instead of leaving it like it is, you just have to tinker with it. Now, people (including myself) say the NFL stands for the No Fun League. From my understanding it seems that the FIA just cannot keep their hands off...

These icons can all be given to Midland/MF1/Spyker/Force India.

:thumbsdown::ban?::spamsign::blowup::yawn::wall:
:zzz::censored::hammer::evil::barf::boohoo::sleep:
:spam::nazilock::mad:

The final laps of the race of was precarious for Kimi. Even though he was out in front, his championship fate was in the hands of the 5 drivers that were ahead of Hamilton. If any of them were to have crashed or stopped for any reason, the championship would've gone to Hamilton.

Hamilton clearly showed his rookie inexperience during that turn one debacle. Instead of avoiding trouble and simply letting Alonso though, he instinctively (and unnecessarily) battled with him, which proved to be his undoing.

It way very gentlemanly of Massa to have let Kimi though during the pitstops. I just hope the habit of letting the teammate though is something that he doesn't have to get used to. I would hate to see him become Ferrari's new Barrichello Jr!

As an Alonso fan, I'm disappointed that he did not win his third-in-a-row championship, but relieved at the same time that Hamilton didn't win it either! I hope those two boys have learned their lesson. The question now is, who will be Alonso, and everyone else who doesn't have a contract, will be racing for next year?

Now it's all up to who the FIA wants to win the World Championship.

1.) Hamilton should win: they disqualify both the cars AND the drivers

2.) R?ikk?nen should win: they disqualify the cars, but leave the drivers where they are

I think solution #2 would be the most fair one, because Hamilton still has his points, even though he drove a car made out of cheating. Then he wasn't penalised for using two sets of rain tires, because it was said that was the team's error. Since the drivers aren't the ones who fill in the fuel tank, BMW and Williams should lose their points, but the drivers should hold theirs! ;)

I read somewhere that BMW and Williams get a 1 second per lap advantage for three laps, because the fuel is more dense at a lower temperature. Basically if their fuel wasn't so damn cool Hamilton still wouldn't get past them.

It's a no brainer really, if the disqualify the two (or is it three?) cars and Hamilton gets the WDC it would be absolutely unfair, but anyway I'm sure they wont because I have a bit of a theory.

I think at the WMSC spy hearing Mclaren was found guilty, and there was no way the FIA could throw Fernando and Lewis' drivers points out the window. It would ruin the remaining races, therefore ruining ticket sales and TV ratings. Bernie doesn't want that, Max doesn't want that, but they've got to keep their Ferrari buddies happy. So they sort of stage the outcome.

I had these thoughts before I saw the race, and when I saw Hamilton's car driving very slowly (which I only saw after the god damn commercial break. You fucking jerks Channel 10, you show the race 1 hour late, you could at least show all the good stuff then have a commercial when nothing is happening.) I started to think I might be right.

but then I just love conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Well, they still haven't proven that McLaren used any Ferrari information to their advantage, yet McLaren was royally f**ked over with disqualifications and fines unheard of in motorsport.

It's things like this that make me dislike Formula 1 so much. In the end, the FIA hands the titles to whoever they see fit.

^Well, like someone said earlier, it'll be a damm farce if they were. F1 has really re-discovered racing and overtaking this season and has gained a substantial fan base compared with a couple of years ago.

I'm keeping my fingers cross that we'll see more racing, less politics next year, but with such high budget/profile teams, it'll be tough. Looking forward to the next year, but I'm abit disappointed that the cars won't be as technological advanced as now, with all the electronics and driver aids gone. We'll just have to wait and see how much of a difference it'll make. "Old school" drivers like Jenson Button and David Coulthard are said to be optimistic about it though.

This season has been full of bulls**t decisions!

How can you take away all points from a team for having an illegal car, but letting the drivers keep the points earned with the very same vehicle??? Or how can you not penalize a driver for violating the rules under safety car condition and therefore causing an accident??? And how can you not punish teams for having used illegal fuel??? Even more, how can you not penalize a team and a driver for having used two set of rain tires when only one was allowed??? Last but not least, how can you take away the constructor points a team will eventually earn in the GP when one of their drivers obstructs his team mate???

Where's the logic behind all this???

@PaSSoA

Ban of driving aids will result in suspects of cheating like it did in the past and that will lead to politic trash talk and allegations and that will lead to reintroduce driving aids in the name of "if you can't make sure no one has it, make it legal" . . . :(

Last edited:
What a race! I was on the edge of my seat for the entire second half. Gutted for Hamilton, I like the guy and I was so hoping he'd win all the way from 18th, but I'm glad that the race was largely cleanly contested (we'll leave Massa's block at the start out of it ;))

Congratulations to Kimi! He really deserved it! Who'd have thought he'd win the championship... an excellent race to finish off a very exciting season. Roll on 2008!

I don't see why they're banning traction control and such...

Then again, I'm one of those people that is all for new technology. I'm simply amazed with the technology in these cars and I think it makes teams become MORE inventive and more competitive. Furthermore, I think it increases interest in the sport.

I mean look at the advent of restrictor plates in NASCAR. Fans of the sport really hate it. It really squashes technological advancement...