2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

woo hoo! Lewis is ahead of Alonso and kimi!

Hopefully he can keep it that way for sunday :D

Hopefully he can jump Massa at the start. It's going to be a great race.

Alonso: Has won races starting from the 2nd row of the grid.
Kimi: Has won races starting from 2nd row of the grid.
Massa: Always wins from pole.

Hamilton: Hasn't won unless starting from Pole.

Interesting how McLaren now only have 1 pit box, and Alonso is suddenly using the same brakes as Hamilton. I wonder if McLaren have decided that he has to tow company line for his last race with them?

Oh, and did anyone else watching Speed noticed Bob Varsha and David Hobbs not getting on today??

Alonso: Has won races starting from the 2nd row of the grid.
Kimi: Has won races starting from 2nd row of the grid.
Massa: Always wins from pole.

Hamilton: Hasn't won unless starting from Pole.

Interesting how McLaren now only have 1 pit box, and Alonso is suddenly using the same brakes as Hamilton. I wonder if McLaren have decided that he has to tow company line for his last race with them?

Oh, and did anyone else watching Speed noticed Bob Varsha and David Hobbs not getting on today??

How about,

Hamilton: 3 out of 4 Wins in tracks he's NEVER raced.

That's pretty impressive.

How about,

Hamilton: 3 out of 4 Wins in tracks he's NEVER raced.

That's pretty impressive.

So based on you're theory there, Lewis will win the following races because he doesnt know the circuits, but wont win any other races because he knows the tracks... :|

Brazil

Singapore
Valencia

Abu Dhabi

South Korea
India

(Thanks to Wikipedia for calanders)

1) Who will be the 2007 Formula 1 World Champion?
2) Will we see our 3rd wet race in a row?
3) Who will take 4th Place in the constructors, Williams on 28 and RBR on 24?
4) How will Kaz Nakajima do in the Williams?
5) Who will fill the front row in Qualifying?
6) And finally, if Lewis wins the title, what will James Allen's reaction be?

1) PLEASE Hamilton, to make up for England losin rugby lol
2) Im not a weatherman
3) Williams looks stronger in my view
4) Hopefully good
5) I know it already. Kimi, Hamilton and Massa
6) Something stupid, and annoying. And unfortunatly it will probably be used in clip shows in the future. Bugger.

Its uncool to admit you watch F1 in V8 Country!! Well thats my theory...

You reckon? F1 is far more superior then V8s, plus F1 use V8s as well. :p Your probably right though, to the majority of the population F1 is only cool in March...

It was too early in the morning for me, but I'll be watching the race tomorrow morning. :)

Brazilian Grand Prix starting grid

1. MASSA Ferrari
2. HAMILTON McLaren
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
4. ALONSO McLaren
5. WEBBER Red Bull
6. HEIDFELD BMW
7. KUBICA BMW
8. TRULLI Toyota
9. COULTHARD Red Bull
10. ROSBERG Williams
11. BARRICHELLO Honda
12. FISICHELLA Renault
13. VETTEL Toro Rosso
14. LIUZZI Toro Rosso
15. SCHUMACHER Toyota
16. BUTTON Honda
17. KOVALAINEN Renault
18. SATO Super Aguri
19. NAKAJIMA Williams
20. DAVIDSON Super Aguri
21. SUTIL Spyker
22. YAMAMOTO Spyker

Last edited:
While watching Qualy this morning I got too thinking. We've all gotten used to Honda's livery. At first we all :lol:'d out of our chairs, but now it's just a part of the grid as much as red Ferraris and White BMW's. Albeit, at the back of the grid. Will Honda continue with this livery next year? Or will they come out with something that isn't hysterical?

Oh, and the race is gonna be amazing :D

While watching Qualy this morning I got too thinking. We've all gotten used to Honda's livery. At first we all :lol:'d out of our chairs, but now it's just a part of the grid as much as red Ferraris and White BMW's. Albeit, at the back of the grid. Will Honda continue with this livery next year? Or will they come out with something that isn't hysterical?

I remember reading an interview with Jenson Button a little while ago and he said that Honda will continue with the earth car next year.

Lewis should have this one in the pocket. He's basically on pole as far as the three title contenders are concerned. With Massa in front, Kimi practically has no teammate to help him out.

If he still manages NOT to win the championship, then he truly doesn't deserve to.

Webber starting from Fifth!! Now he just needs to go back to the garage and spin the Wheel of DNF to see what his fate will be. I'm going to pick <shakes Magic 8 ball> feral guinea pigs chewing through his tyres.

Webber starting from Fifth!! Now he just needs to go back to the garage and spin the Wheel of DNF to see what his fate will be. I'm going to pick <shakes Magic 8 ball> feral guinea pigs chewing through his tyres.

Why did you have to shake that Magic 8 Ball?? WHY!! :no: :(

The Independent said:
Webber luck fails him again

You thought Jenson Button running into a Gopher in Canada was about as bad as it can get, but spare a thought for poor old Mark Webber. Webber's mechanics left the pit doors at the rear of the complex slightly open during the night due to the extraordinary heat experienced in Sao Paulo this weekend, and when they returned a few hours later, they found 3 feral guinea pigs chewing through his tyre supply.

It remains unclear as to whether Webber can start the race with a new batch of tyres.

The FIA are currently investigating the incident and an announcement is due in the next few hours.

Source

My answers:
1) Really stopped caring since Japan
2) NO
3) Red Bull; they're better placed on the grid and have a good strategy (and they have Renault engines, at least that's some recomforting thought; the engine isn't the problem)
4) We know he's way back on the grid, no idea about his race pace
5) Already decided
6) I don't even want to think about it!!!!!!!!!!!! Only one characteristic: it will be HORRIBLE

1) i would hope for lewis to win, just to show off that spanish big mouth, be the first rookie to do it, the youngest one ever at that too. if he can't have it, let it be kimi. he'd been my first choice for years, but now i gotta support hamilton

2) if we do, i hope it's going to bite that spaniard in the derriere for not doing the wet training. arrogant sob hehe

3) rbr, richard burns rally forever. oh wait, red bull, whatever... :)

4) spin off

5) my glass ball tells me it'll be massa and hamilton. oh wait. it wasn't my glass ball, it was the telle. doh

6) um, call me ignorant, but i've been away from televisions for damn near 5 months and hence have no clue who that fella is. obviously though it seems to be one that wouldn't be too fond of lewis doing what i pinned down for 1)

i think this is the first race i'll be seeing this year. and i hope it will be an awesome race, what with the only man not having a chance at the title on pole, and kimi behind him (same team - HMMM - and the fezzas have happened to have certain "oops i just let my team mate pass by accident" things happening before) and the number one contender right alongside him and that "other guy" right behind lewis. they gotta watch that they don't kick each other out - that would be hillariously sad.

6) um, call me ignorant, but i've been away from televisions for damn near 5 months and hence have no clue who that fella is. obviously though it seems to be one that wouldn't be too fond of lewis doing what i pinned down for 1)

He's the commentator for ITV - and his reaction would be quite the opposite. If Lewis wins the title I expect his crotch will explode.

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) For Lewis. For everybody it is evident that twice you disturbed Kimi. Is everything good to become a world champion?

LH: To be honest there is no reason for me to do anything to Kimi because if anything he can win...

(inaudible from the audience)

LH: Well, I came out of the pits and the guys said that, obviously, because Fernando was behind me and I could not hold him up in the pits... So I came out of the pit lane and they said you will come out close to Kimi and I came out and when you are at that sort of speed your mirrors are vibrating and so you cannot see too much and then I realised that he was very, very close and so I slowed down and I noticed I can't attack the corner like he was, so I backed out and he went past me.

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) ...You never showed him clearly that you would give him the track free?

LH: What do you want me to do? Put the indicator on?

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) You know exactly...

LH: I did the best job I could to get out of the way. And I did apologise to him if I did get in his way.

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) Is that what you call the best job?

LH: Yes.

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) As a sportsman?

LH: Yes, how are you at your job? Are you the best at your job? You have never made mistakes... No?

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) Sometimes...

LH: Oh really.

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Lewis, just to clarify after the ridiculous exchange that you just had, do you feel that you did an absolutely honest job today and if you win the world title do you feel that you will do so honestly?

LH: Yes, I do. For sure I am going to be accused of something, but honestly I am here this weekend and I need to do a completely clean job and that means just getting up and doing a good job and not making mistakes and not being investigated for some things...

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L'Equipe) Let us continue the ridiculous exchange... Do you think you can do everything you want and then you just apologise - is that the way it works in Formula One?

LH: I'm not going to answer that.

Q: (inaudible)

LH: Not really, I just don't want to talk to you to be honest.

:rofl:

Aussies.

Any idea why TV Guides are showing the race on Ten at 2:45am when it's 2:00am AEST?

Or are they going to do a Canadian GP and suprise us with live coverage?

I hope its not being delayed just so Cam McConville (boring) can fly back to Sydney for it.

Edit:

Here's some more on that hilarious Lewis interview...

Later on, the best line came from the Ferrari press officer as British journalists sought to file copy while interrupted by England?s disallowed try in the Rugby World Cup final, being screened in the Interlagos press room.

As the judges considered the TV footage, Ferrari?s Luca Colajanni piped up, with a wry smile on his face: ?At least they investigated it...?

Last edited:
The Advertiser had the race on at 2:45am and a check on tvguide.com.au confirms that. Doesn't really matter whether its shown live or not, I'm going to have to tape this - then go to uni and pray I dont discover the results.