2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

McLaren decisions lost championship - Alonso
22 October 2007

Fernando Alonso has spoken after missing out on a third drivers' championship claiming that McLaren could have been more supportive of his title bid.

"It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," Alonso told the Spanish Cadena Ser radio station. "The result speaks for itself. McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season. It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot."

Alonso went on to say that McLaren's decision to race Hamilton against him in China rather than keep an eye on Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari was what ended up putting them in harms way at Brazil.

"What Ron Dennis said in China about them not racing against Raikkonen but against me was a declaration of their intent," he added. "So McLaren did its part in losing the title, but Ferrari did a better job than the rest."

"In the last races both my hands were tied - I had no power," added the former champion. "I had to do it all the way they said and that made it harder to close the gap."

McLaren is expected to confirm whether it will part company with Alonso or stick to the current contract within the next two weeks.

Source

Oh boo-f#ckin-hoo 'nando, cry me a river. Find another pram to chuck your toys out of.

I don't think James was too bad in the race. You have to expect that both he and Brundle were supporting Hamilton, but there was none of the furious masturbating I was expecting. Hell, James even went as far as to say that Lewis had made mistakes on the opening lap and it was his fault. Sure it was true, but nice to hear from Allen's mouth all the same.

I like James's blogs and columns, he is a good journalist and dare I say, even a good commentator when he isn't fapping off over Lewis.

I like James too. Ok, they are ITV, but dont forget they broadcast to 20 countries worldwide, so we have to put up with the patriotism.

Anyway, I was in the local bookstore today, and saw this interesting read already on its way...

fail_000.jpg

I like James too. Ok, they are ITV, but dont forget they broadcast to 20 countries worldwide, so we have to put up with the patriotism.

Anyway, I was in the local bookstore today, and saw this interesting read already on its way...

fail_000.jpg

Haha, you saw that too? :blink:

fail_000.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where can i buy that book

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The right man won.
For 5 years, McLaren was completly unable to provide Kimi with a fast and reliable car so he switched to Ferrari and after he got used to the team... he really was the fastest driver during the last half of the season.

Allso, Kimi kept his mouth shut about political bullshit, he didn't bitch and moan when Massa got a point or two more than him. He didn't block his team mate on track during qualifying. Didn't sabotage his own team with bribes or threats.

I have allways supported Kimi. But seriously... he is a real champion, and this championship was decided on track like Kimi wanted.

x10

Well said mate, well said :thumbup:

Alonso: Shameful if title won in court

Deposed world champion Fernando Alonso says he would be ashamed for Formula 1 if his team-mate Lewis Hamilton became world champion on the back of McLaren winning a case through the appeal court.

The outcome of the 2007 championship was thrown into doubt late on Sunday night after McLaren, who had seen Ferrari?s Kimi Raikkonen pip both of its drivers to the drivers? crown at Interlagos, signalled it would appeal the stewards? decision not to penalise Williams and BMW Sauber for alleged fuel irregularities.

Hamilton finished two points shy of beating Raikkonen to the title in seventh place, but the three cars that finished directly ahead of him in Brazil were a Williams (Nico Rosberg) and the two BMWs (Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld) ? meaning if they had been disqualified he would have been promoted to fourth place and become world champion.

However Alonso, who?s McLaren future remains in doubt after a strained season at the team, believes that should an appeal hearing happen and McLaren win, it would damage the sport and ensure the wrong man won the championship.

"If Hamilton wins by the appeal I will hide my head in shame, it would be a lack of respect,? he told Spain?s Cadena Ser radio station.

"Whoever gets the most points is the rightful champion.

?It would sink the sport if they won the title this way."

Alonso?s two-year reign as world champion came to an end at Interlagos after finishing a distant third to the runaway Ferrari duo.

A McLaren driver had led the drivers? championship since the second round of the season, but it was Raikkonen, who had been 26 points behind Hamilton at mid-season, who ended up snatching the title.

Alonso says the team has only itself to blame for losing the championship and reiterated his belief that his own bid didn?t receive enough support.

?It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," he said.

"The result speaks for itself.

?McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season.

?It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot,? he added.

Source

I agree. If Lewis wins the title because of a court case, then it just turns this into a farcical season. F1 is about racing on track, its not Court TV!!

Sounds like Dennis released Alonso from his contract early.

I'm guessing you're referring to Rally of Portugal here, where Ford's rear side windows were half a millimeter too thin. They weren't stripped from their points, instead all drivers were given time penalties (five minutes, I think). At the same event also Marcus Gr?nholm escaped another penalty despite his car being underweight and driving without spare wheel after he lost some body parts and his spare wheel during stage.

The F1 rulebook and FIA's ways to police and enforce it haven't had anything to do with proper logic for years. Remember the bargeboard malarkey from 1999?

Okay, I remember now. 5 minutes pretty much destroyed the Ford drivers points, right?
I believe the 2 Fords finished on the podium, before the penalty.

Monte Carlo 1999 - Ford Focus' debut in the WRC

They found an illegal water pump, but they were allowed to take part in the rally without getting points. ;)

Alonso: Shameful if title won in court

Deposed world champion Fernando Alonso says he would be ashamed for Formula 1 if his team-mate Lewis Hamilton became world champion on the back of McLaren winning a case through the appeal court.

The outcome of the 2007 championship was thrown into doubt late on Sunday night after McLaren, who had seen Ferrari?s Kimi Raikkonen pip both of its drivers to the drivers? crown at Interlagos, signalled it would appeal the stewards? decision not to penalise Williams and BMW Sauber for alleged fuel irregularities.

Hamilton finished two points shy of beating Raikkonen to the title in seventh place, but the three cars that finished directly ahead of him in Brazil were a Williams (Nico Rosberg) and the two BMWs (Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld) ? meaning if they had been disqualified he would have been promoted to fourth place and become world champion.

However Alonso, who?s McLaren future remains in doubt after a strained season at the team, believes that should an appeal hearing happen and McLaren win, it would damage the sport and ensure the wrong man won the championship.

"If Hamilton wins by the appeal I will hide my head in shame, it would be a lack of respect,? he told Spain?s Cadena Ser radio station.

"Whoever gets the most points is the rightful champion.

?It would sink the sport if they won the title this way."

Alonso?s two-year reign as world champion came to an end at Interlagos after finishing a distant third to the runaway Ferrari duo.

A McLaren driver had led the drivers? championship since the second round of the season, but it was Raikkonen, who had been 26 points behind Hamilton at mid-season, who ended up snatching the title.

Alonso says the team has only itself to blame for losing the championship and reiterated his belief that his own bid didn?t receive enough support.

?It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," he said.

"The result speaks for itself.

?McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season.

?It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot,? he added.

Source

I agree. If Lewis wins the title because of a court case, then it just turns this into a farcical season. F1 is about racing on track, its not Court TV!!

For the first time this season, I actually agree with Alonso ;)

Now as a Hamilton supporter I would hate to see him get the WDC this way, but it's funny how Ferrari supporters wanted to sue McLaren all the way when it affected their championships but now that the McLaren's appeal, however valid, might affect them, they call it a sham.

I had these thoughts before I saw the race, and when I saw Hamilton's car driving very slowly (which I only saw after the god damn commercial break. You fucking jerks Channel 10, you show the race 1 hour late, you could at least show all the good stuff then have a commercial when nothing is happening.) I started to think I might be right.

Channel 10 viewers aren't alone, f*****g ITV twats completely missed it as well. I'm so glad I had the sense to switch over to BBC Radio 5 Live. And the retards in ITV's commentary box only realised Kimi would win the title past the halfway mark, such was their obsession with Hamilton.

^Poor chap, but the headlines aren't as bad to what I'd imagined. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at this moment though, didn't Lucy Pinder say she would date him IF he won? What a shame for him...

You win the biggest prive in motorsport and all you get is a page 3 girl? :blink:

Have F1's standards fallen that much? :p

Well, McLaren shouldn't really have appealed the fuel issue, but hey if Ferrari are going to steal their constructors title by bitching to appeal courts then McLaren should at least get their own moneys worth out of them.

If one of my rival teams got their hands on a document detailing everything on my latest car, I'd be pretty pi$$ed and would want them punished.

And the retards in ITV's commentary box only realised Kimi would win the title past the halfway mark, such was their obsession with Hamilton.

In their defence, anything could have happened with Lewis storming through the field, Kubica attacking Alonso and Rosberg being racy, so to go on about Kimi winning it before hand would be premature.

And besides, Im sure anyone could have worked it out themselves that Kimi was leading it by then.

Oh, and another thing, at least Lewis isnt on any Playstation games yet!!

In their defence, anything could have happened with Lewis storming through the field, Kubica attacking Alonso and Rosberg being racy, so to go on about Kimi winning it before hand would be premature.

And besides, Im sure anyone could have worked it out themselves that Kimi was leading it by then.

Oh, and another thing, at least Lewis isnt on any Playstation games yet!!

Yeah, but it wouldn't have taken much for them to state if Massa let's Kimi through then he takes the title. And 5 Live made a mention of it when I switched over to listen to them.

But in anycase, I figured it out for myself, as I'm sure most people did, so who needs biased commentators? ;)