2007 Canadian Grand Prix

Ouch. A broken leg is terrible for him, but I'm glad he's talking because when i saw the aftermath, he wasn't moving.

I was really cheering on Sato too. great race for him. Can imagine the guys from Honda saying 'that's the REAL Honda F1 car, really, yes it is. That green and black POS? Nothing to do with us!' while putting the Aguri in all the adverts while slowly pushing the earth car out of sight and pretending it never happened.

For the Aussies - I can't believe McConville's up until 5am commentating when he's racing this afternoon.

Yep, and I also can't believe that they said they can't show the press conference, but then chat for a few mins about nothing!!

Edit: Donington, Im getting so fed up with Honda at the moment, Im actually going for Super Aguri in races whilst Honda just crumble to pieces. Wake up Honda!! Seriously, WAKE UP!!

Images of Ratzenberger and Senna flew into my head when i saw what happened to Kubica. :(

Glad he is (alive and) ok. :)

As for the rest!

http://img252.imageshack.**/img252/5377/hamiltimezb5.jpg

What happened to Kimi at the start, I can't remember how he dropped back those few paces. I was surprised to see Alonso run off the track a few times..if it was once, i'd think it was pure driver error....but 4 times or so? I think something else might have been at play.

Sato was the best IMO.....that was an awesome race. Glad to hear that Kubica is alright.

*edit*

Forgot to ask. Massa and Fisi were black flagged for leaving the pits when the red light was on, right? Why did they have the red light in the first place?

Last edited:
Great job Lewis! i'm also happy for Heidfeld and Wurz, nice to see those two on the podium as well. Takuma did a great job, his passes on Kimi and Alonso were great, and helped add to the excitment of the race.

I guess now we get to see how Vettel does in an F1 race, extremely doubtful that Kubica will be ready in one week.

Noone has mentioned Hekki Kovalinen (sp?). He has a good race helped by the carnage, last on the grid to 4th.

Kimi and Felipe just lacked the pace today, what the fudge happened to them? As for Alonso i think he had problems with his braking. Too many errors for a guy like Fernando.

itv speculated that he might have damaged his underbody during the first off trying to attack hamilton.

What the hell is going on at Ferrari? :censored: :mad:
Kimi and Massa just out for a Sunday drive? Absolutely no fire in these guys. :mad:
Bring back MS, now! :)

r_2007-06-10T184119-4.jpg

Quite clear from this picture how poor old Kubica broke his leg. This year's regulations supposedly calls for a much stronger safety cell but you could see in the picture that the front section has clearly torn off leaving his feet exposed.

Some more high res pics for anyone who cares to see it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/36421266/GP_Canada_-_The_Scene.rar

^ Damn, makes you realise (again) how lucky he was. I know I said it before, but I just find it so amazing how the car protects the driver in an impact that fierce. I know how it does it, but I'm no less amazed.

Forgot to ask. Massa and Fisi were black flagged for leaving the pits when the red light was on, right? Why did they have the red light in the first place?

It's to prevent cars leaving the pits while the Safety Car is running past the pits with the field stacked up behind. Basically it ensures the drivers don't race out of the pits and try and barge their way into the pack.

Last edited:
Theres people in the media complaining that they didnt see the safety car near the pits when the Red Light was on, but still, the rule says if the Red Light is on then you stop at Pit Exit. Kubica stopped, and Massa and Fisi drove right around him. Therefore, they deserved to be DQ.

STOP PRESS

Kubica escapes injury in horror crash

Robert Kubica miraculously escaped serious injury in a terrifying accident in the Canadian Grand Prix.

Kubica?s BMW Sauber clipped the right-rear wheel of Jarno Trulli?s Toyota on the 180mph approach to the hairpin on lap 27, launching it into a heavy impact with the concrete wall.

The BMW then rebounded across the track, rolled, and finally came to rest against the guardrail on the outside of the hairpin.

The Polish driver was taken to the circuit medical centre, where he was awake and alert having only momentarily lost consciousness at the moment of impact.

He was later airlifted to Montreal's Sacre Coeur hospital for further checks.

It was initially reported that Kubica had broken a leg but BMW has since made it clear that this information was wide of the mark.

Remarkably, the 22-year-old is reported to have no major injuries and is expected to be released from hospital following an overnight stay.

BMW says it will make a decision about Robert Kubica's participation in next weekend's US Grand Prix on Thursday.

The team's third driver Sebastian Vettel is expected to step in if Kubica proves unfit to drive.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Thats just amazing, and they are saying he might drive at Indy!!

There are tons of conflicting reports regarding the crash... some say Kubica broke his leg, others say he didn't, etc. The only source I trust is BMW themselves, but Theissen has only said, "According to the first medical reports, Robert has escaped this very heavy accident relatively unscathed." Does "relatively unscathed" mean he didn't break anything?

Has anyone checked out the itv-f1 website recently? Every recent news story is Hamilton related. :rolleyes:

^ I have checked itv-f1.com, and it says about Kubica. You should see the front of some British papers!!

My thoughts are that itv, Formula 1.com and grandprix.com are reporting no injury, then he musnt be injured. Formula1.com is the official site, Itv can be trusted and grandprix.com are grandprix.com :)

Kubica's crash for those who havent seen it, or want to see it again.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuRqoxCF2S0[/YOUTUBE]

My thoughts are that itv, Formula 1.com and grandprix.com are reporting no injury, then he musnt be injured. Formula1.com is the official site, Itv can be trusted and grandprix.com are grandprix.com :)

I trust formula1.com the most and they're saying, "Initial reports suggesting that Kubica had suffered a broken leg or ankle have not been confirmed." Every other site is constantly updating and their stories conflict. I hope he didn't break anything, but I don't want to get my hopes up.