2007 Formula 1 Season

Yep that is a gun team, all the ingredients are there for a successful team. Hopefully they get their act together.

Red Bull have acquired some good people in recent times, hopefully they all fit together to give the drivers a great car. Red Bull should be pretty strong in 2008.

Earlier, former world champion Mika Hakkinen said Spaniard Alonso was to blame for the apparent rift.

"Alonso can't accept such strong competition from a novice," said Hakkinen, who won two world titles for McLaren in 1998 and 1999.

"Hamilton has already caused him a number of worries, something that Fernando is struggling to accept."

But Hakkinen said that if team boss Ron Dennis was the right person to resolve the problem.

"For Ron the situation is troublesome but he is absolutely the right person to be able to deal with it," he said.

Finally someone just not jumping on the "bash Hamilton" bandwagon.

I read some article on mirror.co.uk about Ferrari wanting hamilton for 17millions pounds. And that he would be the second highest driver after kimi, earning 22 million. Wow, Kimi is over payed!

^ If that all comes to fruition it'll be terrific - I'm not holding my breath though.

Honda's Wind Tunnel still broken

Honda's Wind Tunnel still broken

Barrichello reveals wind tunnel woes at Honda

Honda?s Rubens Barrichello has revealed that the Japanese team?s poor performance this season may have stemmed from an incorrectly calibrated wind tunnel. Barrichello, who is yet to score a point in 2007, is hopeful that the squad will see better results within the next month.

The Brazilian recently visited Honda?s UK headquarters in Brackley and met up with new technical signings, ex-Williams chief aerodynamicist Loic Bigois and former BMW Sauber employee John Owen. The pair admitted to Barrichello that they suspected errors in the tunnel's set-up could be largely to blame for the RA107?s lack of pace.

?They believe that our wind tunnel?s calibration is wrong and because of that everything that has been developed has not been effective,? explained Barrichello on his official website. ?We will have to change many things, even parts of the structure inside the wind tunnel, and it will be about a month until we are able to see changes.?

Barrichello's factory visit came shortly before he endured his toughest race yet for Honda at the recent Hungarian Grand Prix, where the 35 year-old finished 18th and last behind the Spyker of Adrian Sutil. However, with a solution now in sight, he is optimistic that an upswing in performance is on the cards for this season and the next.

?The best thing is that for us to be sure that next year?s car will be good we need to change this year?s car to know if the changes are going in the right direction,? he added. ?I?m sure they are, they have to be!?

Honda have scored just one point this season and are currently ninth in the standings, behind the Honda-engined Super Aguri team.

Source

Honda should be really concerned about this, considering they started building their 2008 car 6 months ago.

They knew that their windtunnel was incorrectly calibrated in May. Why then is it still stuffed up!!

So Renault and Honda have both discovered their windtunnels are incorrectly calibrated? Did this just suddenly occur and it was fine for all the previous years? Do they share windtunnels? I think it's a convenient excuse to save some face.

Prodrive`s plans `progressing well`

Formula One's 12th team, Prodrive, is on course for next year's Championship, according to a source close to the team.

While an announcement was expected from the team at last month's British GP regarding their plans for their first season in F1, none was forthcoming, leaving some to speculate that team's plans had stalled.

However, according to a source, Prodrive's future is taking shape with the team finalise car, engine, driver and sponsorship deals.

"Plans for our F1 programme are still progressing well," a source told Autosport.

"We have never set ourselves a deadline, July or otherwise, and we will make an announcement when we are ready to do so."

Meanwhile other reports claim that a deal with McLaren to use their chassis as well as Mercedes engine is as good as done.

The team is also expected to use McLaren test drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett as their race drivers in the 2008 Championship.

Source

About time we heard something from them. I never doubted Richard's ability to get this project off the ground and obviously he has more important things to do than issue media releases every 5 minutes but nice to know they're still alive! Not sure about de la Rosa as a driver though.

With regards to the McLaren Mercedes hookup, I understand them to be using Mp4-23 chassis mated to the latest Mercedes V8 engine.

de la Rosa is a brilliant choice. He's done the most mileage in the McLaren outside of Fernando and Lewis and is going to be very knowledgeable for the team. Paffett, well about time. 5 Brits on the grid hey!

New aero recruits impress Rubens

Rubens Barrichello has revealed that Honda?s newly appointed aerodynamicists have already made an impact at the team after they discovered significant problems with its wind tunnel.

The Brackley-based squad has recently appointed a number of new aerodynamicists in a bid to turn around its fortunes after a dismal season with its troublesome RA107 car.

Barrichello went to meet new aero chief Loic Bigois and former BMW man John Owen at Honda's factory prior to the Hungarian Grand Prix and says they confirmed what he expected had been hampering the team's progress.

?On the week of the race I went to the factory in to visit the two new aerodynamicists who will work with us: Loic Bigois who came from Williams and John Owen from BMW,? he wrote on his website.

?Both of these teams had great results this year.

?We had a very long talk and they made a great impression.

?I heard from them exactly what I expected to.

?They believe that our wind tunnel?s calibration is wrong and because of that everything that has been developed has not been effective.?

The Brazilian says changes made to the wind tunnel as a result of the discovery of calibration problems means that the team will have to wait until next month for improvements to take shape.

However despite the delay, he insists that the team must continue to push forward with development work for the remaining six races of the season.

?We will have to change many things even parts of the structure inside the wind tunnel and it will be about a month until we are able to see changes,? he said.

?The best thing is that for us to be sure that next year?s car will be good we need to change this year?s car to know if the changes are going in the right direction.

?I?m sure they are, they have to be!?

Source

Aug.16 (GMM) Fernando Alonso has reportedly turned down an invitation to join his teammate and bosses for a vacation to calm the worsening tension that exists within McLaren.

The reigning world champion's relationships with Britons Lewis Hamilton and Ron Dennis descended to new lows at the recent Hungarian grand prix, sparking speculation that the only solution might be for him to leave the team.

But coinciding with the calendar's current August break, team shareholder and co-founder Mansour Ojjeh invited all of McLaren's major players to the deck of Kogo -- his incredible 72-metre super-yacht.

Championship leader Hamilton is already on board, giving British paparazzi the opportunity last week to photograph him frolicking :)hump:) with Ojjeh's 18-year-old daughter Sara in St. Tropez.

The multi-million dollar yacht, apparently also now occupied by team principal Dennis, was to make its way to the Spanish waters of Menorca this week, where Alonso was touted to join the vacation.

The Spanish newspaper Marca, however, claims that the 26-year-old turned down Ojjeh's invitation -- possibly a sign that his association with his Woking based employer is indeed untenable and irreconcilable and that Alonso is suffering from boringness.

^ Assuming that's true (with the media who knows) - grow up Fernando.

Last edited:
Or maybe Fernando had other commitments? Like spending time with his wife in Switzerland where he lives not Spain?!?!?!