2007 Geneva Auto Show - Opel GTC Concept.

Kowalski

Opel Gran Turismo Coupe: Geneva concept breaks cover!

09.jpg

Based on the next generation Vectra platform, the Gran Turismo Coupe?s purpose is not only to pre-announce Opel?s return to the mid-size Coupe category (after it abandoned it in the 90?s with the Calibra) but also to signal a change in the German company?s design department. That means take a closer look at the Grand Turismo Coupe?s styling cues cause that?s what we?re going to see from Opel in the very near future starting out with the next generation Vectra that'll come out in mid to late 2008 (expect the coupe version sometime in 2009).

Maybe even more importantly, you should check out the near-to-production interior that takes the Astra & Antara cabin design-language a step up marking a significant change from the overly conservative Vectra. As for the ?mechanical? department, the 4.830 mm long Grand Turismo is fitted with an upgraded version of the current Vectra OPC?s 2.8-liter V6 Turbo pumping out 300Hp (from 255Hp). Fitted with a 4wheel-drive system the Gran Turismo can go from 0 to 100km/h (62 mph) in around 6,0 sec while its top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (155mph).

Source: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/03/opel-gran-turismo-coupe-geneva-concept.html

01.jpg

10.jpg

07.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

08.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

36.jpg

I am fond of the profile, but not much about it looks really wild as far as concepts go. Hell, that interior almost looks like it could be in the production car.

I like the wheels.

The body and the lights are a big GT-R.

Nice, very nice. The only bit that I'm not liking is the vertical intakes / grilles running down off the headlights - but apart from that they've done a good job.

Looks like a combination of the Jag XF concept, and the new Nissan Altima coupe.

Very nice! I'd like to see that in production! That window shape looks very much like that of the Monaro.

The back looks great, but the front is a bit weird and somehow doesn't fit to the slick lookings of the rest of the car.:?

not so sure about the looks

where does it fit in? competitor for the elise? or more for the europa?

not so sure about the looks

where does it fit in? competitor for the elise? or more for the europa?

Probably the intention is not to compete with those. Judging by the technical specs (300 BHP and a limited top speed of 250 kph) I reckon it's more a competitor to the BMW 3-Series Coup?, the Mercedes CLK and the new Audi A5.

I like the general look of it, but yes, I agree that the headlight adornments are a bit much. It's almost as if they thought the car would be a bit too bland without them, and decided to add them as an afterthought to make the front a bit mad.

I like the general look of it, but yes, I agree that the headlight adornments are a bit much. It's almost as if they thought the car would be a bit too bland without them, and decided to add them as an afterthought to make the front a bit mad.

Remember this is supposed to be a concept, i.e. a bit over the top style-wise. There's no way those front air intakes would make it to production, neither those ridiculous exhausts. The rest looks good though. A worthy successor of the Calibra.

Maybe I will manage to watch it live. :)