2007 Hungarian Grand Prix

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
http://img410.imageshack.**/img410/4319/rbrmu5.jpg

Welcome to the Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix. Round 11 of the championship.

After a fantastic race at the Nurburgring, we now move to the super smooth Hungaroring. A bit has happened since the last race, so lets get straight into the questions.

1) Who will be driving car number 19? Scott Speed, Sebastian Bourdais, Sebastian Vettel or someone else?
2) Will Markus Winkelhock keep the second Spyker seat this weekend?
3) Will Alonso win this race after his brilliant effort last round?
4) Will Red Bull Racing carry on in the points after their strong 3rd and 5th?
5) Can BMW get back from their little hiccup at the Nurburgring?
6) Do you enjoy the Hungarian Grand Prix, or do you want it to rain again and spice it up a bit?

Im most interested in seeing what happens at Toro Rosso these coming days, Speed wont be driving in my opinion and I think Bourdais can juggle Champ Cars and F1 if he has to. Vettel seems most likely to me though.

As always, the race is at 2pm on Sunday 5th August.

Let the discussion begin!

Oh god, the Hungaroring :sleep:

Anyhoo, onto the questions:
1) I reckon Speed will still be in the car - the little hissy-fit by everyone will be smoothed over somewhat by Red Bull's influence.
2) Meh, who cares
3) Well, he's one of four that have an equal chance of winning it. My money's on Kimi though
4) With luck & reliability, sure, but not a podium result.
5) Definitely - expect them in their usual 5th & 6th positions
6) Worst race of the year - rain is our only hope.

1) Who will be driving car number 19? Scott Speed, Sebastian Bourdais, Sebastian Vettel or someone else?
6) Do you enjoy the Hungarian Grand Prix, or do you want it to rain again and spice it up a bit?

1 - Vettel is an option for Toro Rosso, so its likely that he may well get the drive.

2 - Well he did lead his first ever race, something even the amazing Lewis Hamilton didn't achieve! However, I hope that Klien gets it.

3 - I hope so!

4 - See previous response

5 - Probably.

6 - I enjoy every grand prix, but who wouldn't want rain!

For 2.) according to grandprix.com, apparently not.
grandprix.com said:
Yamamoto to Spyker

We are hearing that Spyker will soon announce that it has signed up Japan's Sakon Yamamoto for the rest of the Formula 1 season. Yamamoto joined Super Aguri F1 a year ago, made his F1 debut in Germany and did the second half of the year with the Japanese team. Over the winter he lost out to Anthony Davidson and so decided to be Super Aguri test driver and to race in GP2 for BCN Competicion.

Now it seems his financial clout has won him the Spyker drive.

An announcement is expected later today.
Source.

1) Probably Speed, but if not him then Vettel.
2) No.
3) Hopefully not, Hamilton will.
4) If the reliability holds, then yes.
5) Yes.
6) Rain please.

Also, expect an STR/Bourdais deal for 2008+ to be announced in the next few days. ;)

1. I think Speed will still be in the car. He is still in favour with Red Bull as far as I know and they are paying the bills.

2. Alas not, Winkelhock had his chance. Money will talk from now on.

3. Either Alonso or Kimi I think. Both were stunningly fast last weekend.

4. If they are reliable they may get a point or two, but unlikely

5. BMW will be strong again provided they don't run into one another. Renault may be a little closer than they have been.

6. Hungary is supposedly the most boring race track on the calendar and certainly doesn't do much for me.....but who could forget last year!!!! Alonso's opening lap, Schuey's brain fade and Button's Win!!

Speed is useless. I hope to see Bourdais in an F1 car! I don't follow CCWS anymore (too much "clownery"), but he certainly has talent.

Hee hee, what a funny name :p

Probably depends on the weather.

I hope so. I think Couthard and Webber are good drivers who have had a lot of misfortunes with their cars.

Probably.

Well, rain is always good for a show, but sometimes I like to watch them zip along in the dry too.

speed will never ever drive a race for STR again! :)
gerhard berger, one of the owners of STR and former F1 pilot and ofcourse director of the team said that he never saw a more useless driver than speed and liuzzi are.

they both gonna be bashed out of their cockpits hopefully :blink:

speed will never ever drive a race for STR again! :)
gerhard berger, one of the owners of STR and former F1 pilot and ofcourse director of the team said that he never saw a more useless driver than speed and liuzzi are.

they both gonna be bashed out of their cockpits hopefully :blink:

Why did they hire them if they are so useless?

Speed
Yup
Nope
Nope
Yup
It's a fun track, a little rain wouldn't hurt.

I couldn't be bothered with having them all in separate quotes lol

Apparently Speed is out and Vettel is in......

I think Liuzzi will stay in the F1 scene somehow. A lot of people rate him quite highly.

Is the Hungororing notoriously boring or something?

Its the smoothest track surface of all circuits F1 visits, and as it is high downforce and low grip, there isnt much overtaking. Last year, it rained for the first time ever and made it one of the most spectactular races of last year.

If one of the top 4 has a problem in Qualifying, then expect some banzai overtaking moves into Turn 1.

This race is just to keep the Finnish people happy, as it's their "home race" without them having to host one. Wait until we get to Belgium though, and you'll see how boring this track is.

Here's an aerial view of the circuit.

Hungaroring.jpg

Also, strangely enough, I have never lost a race here on any of the F1 Playstation games.

Thats the old circuit. The post 2002 track has had the main straight extended couple of hundred metres and the corner is much tighter which has improved the chances of overtaking in recent years. The back straight (if it can so be called) running north south has also been lengthened and the corner (turn 11?) tightened.

Yeah, just noticed that then. Here is a track map with the F1 circuit in black, and the 1985-2005 configurations in grey.

Circuit_Hungaroring.png

Last edited:
ya they improved the track, I still hope it rains

Heh, I just checked google earth again. I had looked at it yesterday to see the track, and got the same image as HondaF1. They've updated it!!

Haha, yeah it has been updated :D

http://img338.imageshack.**/img338/1223/image2uq0.jpg

Berger to drive historic McLaren in Hungary

Toro Rosso co-owner and former Grand Prix star Gerhard Berger will return to the cockpit of a Formula One car next week when he drives an historic McLaren as part of Red Bull?s Hungarian Grand Prix build-up.

The company is staging a ?Bulls versus Lions? spectacular near Budapest's famous chain bridge, which is decorated with the aforementioned lions. The bulls will be represented by Berger, Toro Rosso driver Vitantonio Liuzzi, Red Bull?s Mark Webber and other sports stars and their vehicles, including this year's Dakar Rally motorcycle winner, Cyril Despres.

Last year's event brought the city to a standstill and an even bigger crowd is expected next Thursday to watch the various motorsport stars put on a show around the Roosevelt Square. For Berger and other drivers of his generation, the highlight of a day at the Hungaroring would often be the drive to and from the race track, especially the famous (but illegal) ?racing line? across Heroes Square. This time, he can expect the local police to turn a blind eye for once.

The McLaren Berger will be driving is not a model that he is familiar with, as the MP4C was actually raced by his fellow countryman, Niki Lauda and John Watson back in 1983 - Berger?s stint at McLaren spanned from 1990 to ?92.

Adding to the spectacle will be two aerobatic pilots from the Red Bull Air Race squad performing overhead. The event starts at 1100 hours local time, but roads in the area will be closed off from 0930, so spectators are advised to arrive early.

Source