2007 Hungarian Grand Prix

The thing I find confusing is that the FIA refer to Alonso being held for 20 seconds - which seems to only cover the time he was held behind the lollipop, not the extra ten seconds he spent just sitting there after he was released

2:14 remaining - Alonso stops
1:52 remaining - Hamilton pulls in behind
1:48 remaining - Alonso is released (26 seconds total)
1:38 remaining - Alonso leaves pits (and James Allen's head explodes)

^ Did James' head really explode? God I hope it did :D

Spose I'm one of the minority who actually enjoys James Allen commentating. Better than Damon 'I uhh, well actually, its err...actually just actually a uhh...well, no, actually...' Hill.

I hope he doesnt try and speak too much during the race...

Banned for speaking out against Damon Hill and liking James Allen. Oh wait, wrong thread... :rolleyes:

Maybe for the good of the sport, we need a race where both McLarens and Ferrari's DNF and we have an unusual podium, then get back to normal in Turkey.

@ Red_Bull. Works fine for me and Im using Firefox.

Honda... so desperate, even stooped to persuading people for a win...

Banned for speaking out against Damon Hill and liking James Allen. Oh wait, wrong thread... :rolleyes:

Well there are better commentators than Allen, such as Ben Edwards. I'll give Hill a chance during the race I guess. Normally he's pretty eloquent so perhaps it was just nerves. 'Ok Damon, you're live to millions of people around the world....go!'

I couldn't do it :p

Banned for getting the wrong thread! :)

Its a total farce. Perhaps it's reasonable to give Alonso the penalty, but to exclude McLaren from the points is a complete fucking joke.

McLaren are appealing, and rightly so. You'd have to say that the McLaren legal team are certainly earning their money this year! :p

I think the penalty on McLaren is justified. They obviously lied and made up some bullshit story to try and cover themselves but they got found out. They brought the sport into disrepute so should be punished.

I've just worked out what Alonso should have done!!

He should have faked not being able to get it into gear and wasted the 10 seconds that way, then there would be no penalty.

He should have faked not being able to get it into gear and wasted the 10 seconds that way, then there would be no penalty.

lol, you can imagine the team knocking on the door of the stewards and going 'err...is it too late to change our story?' :lol:

Don't give the :censored: any ideas...

Don't give the :censored: any ideas...

Haha. I like Alonso a lot more than I like Hamilton so of course I'll give him some good ideas :lol:

Im still convinced that behind that Hamilton smile is an arrogant man. Yes, he is a brilliant driver. No doubts there. But theres just something about him that makes me think he isnt the person we see infront of the camera's behind the scenes.

I think the penalty on McLaren is justified. They obviously lied and made up some bullshit story to try and cover themselves but they got found out. They brought the sport into disrepute so should be punished.

It only got brought into disrepute because the stewards decided 'hang on a minutes, it's a bit unfair that Ferrari are compromised this weekend, I know, lets penalise McLaren and give the Scuderia a chance!'

I feel it is a team issue. outside of the jurisdiction of the stewards.

Fisichella has been moved down to 13th now for blocking Yamamoto

Source

Revised Grid:

1. HAMILTON
2. HEIDFELD
3. RAIKKONEN
4. ROSBERG
5. SCHUMACHER
6. ALONSO*
7. KUBICA
8. TRULLI
9. WEBBER
10. COULTHARD
11. KOVALAINEN
12. WURZ
13. FISICHELLA*
14. MASSA
15. DAVIDSON
16. LIUZZI
17. BUTTON
18. BARRICHELLO
19. SATO
20. VETTEL
21. SUTIL
22. YAMAMOTO

* relegated 5 grid places following stewards' inquiry

Check it out, Black Stig is at the Grand Prix and he has really let himself go.

http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/796/stignf0.jpg

You are right HondaF1, he unleashed a verbal barrage on Ron after Quali (perhaps unfairly as I don't think Dennis knew what was going on).

Alonso has just committed one of the most disgusting acts I have EVER seen in motor racing. I really think he should be banned from this race or at least more than a meagre 5 places. What he did was up there with Schumacher at Monaco, perhaps in a way even worse as it was so blatant.

The McLaren penalty is just a poor way of the FIA punishing them over Stepney-gate. Not fair I think, especially as punishing Alonso would also deduct them points. Fisichella's penalty is fair, I was worried he wouldn't be punished as he ONLY held up a Spyker. But good to see some consistency.

I think Damon went well, would be hard to step in like that. Good to hear his thoughts, although someone more in touch with the current F1 situation might have been better.

Shame we can't actually focus on some of the performances!!! I can't actually remember who is where on the grid!!! Strange mistake from Ferrari. They seem to be off the pace anyway though. Should be an easy race for Lewis, don't think Heidfeld will give much opposition. Another strong Quali from Webber and looks like Toyota is pulling its finger out!! Maybe we were wrong about Ralf all along??

I can't actually remember who is where on the grid!!!

:lol: You dont read any of our posts do you :p (see 3 posts above)

I read them all actually!!! Just my reply took so fucking long to write you had already posted twice in my absence :p I thought about editing to thank you....but couldn't be bothered so will do so now!

Thanks for the revised grid!!

Grrrr. Ten running 20-25 mins late with some crappy debate. F1 gets no respect here in Oz!