2007 Hungarian Grand Prix

I agree Yamamoto was a bad choice. They only got him for his fan base and sponsorship money.

For a moment I actually thought Albers had come back

Not sure about Fisichella being held.....very possible. But I'm sure if that was the case Fisichella would have made that perfectly clear to the stewards.

Ok so maybe Alonso's blocking wasn't dangerous but it was just so blatant!!! At least Schuey tried to hide it!! Another example of him chucking the shits because Lewis didn't get out of his way (which was poor form by him) Dennis has a massive job ahead of him to try and manage this situation, and managing drivers has never really been his strong point (Prost vs Lauda, Prost vs Senna, Montoya vs Raikonnen).

Superb drive by Hamilton, was so ultra smooth at certain times (maybe because he was worried about the steering) yet pushed when he needed to. Another race where Schumacher doesn't turn up and Raikonnen goes fine and Massa does shithouse. I am glad to hear Michael isn't turning up for the rest of the year. Damn Massa's car looked like a dog!! Turn in Oversteer into massive understeer.

Terrible terrible weekend for Honda, at least previously they had the other japanese giant to keep them company at the back of the grid. Now Toyota seems to have found form, good drive from Ralf.

Three of the best circuits up next and they should be Ferrari fortes. Go Kimi!!!

That was a pretty damn boring race, I was struggling to stay awake. Great to see Hamilton get the win and Alonso miss out on a podium. Get :censored: Alonso.

Good race by Raikkonen and Heidfeld as well, good to see Raikkonen applying pressure to Hamilton until the end. Don't know what happened to Massa, maybe Raikkonen sabotaged his car so Ferrari would focus on him winning the championship instead of Massa.

Shame Webber finished 9th and missed out on some points, but it looks like Red Bull may have sorted things out with the car, and will end the season on a high.

What a terrible race for Honda, Barrichello finishing behind a Spyker...talking about a career low. :p

Alonso's not talking to me, admits Lewis (Oh boohoo!!)

Lewis Hamilton has revealed that McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso has not spoken to him since the qualifying controversy at the Hungaroring on Saturday.

The world champion was stripped of pole position and relegated to sixth on the grid after stewards deemed he had unnecessarily held-up his rookie team-mate in the pit lane in the dying minutes of the final part of qualifying.

McLaren?s problems were triggered by Hamilton?s decision to ignore team orders instructing him to let the Spaniard pass him on the opening lap of the fuel-burn phase.

The Briton says he has apologised to the team since for his own actions but admits Alonso hasn?t spoken to him since the controversy blew up.

?He doesn't seem to have been speaking to me since yesterday, so I don't know if he has a problem,? he said in a press conference following his win on Sunday.

?In terms of speaking to the team, I spoke to everyone, I have told everyone the situation, apologised if they feel I have done something against them but this is the way it is.

?It is higher than them if you know what I mean.?

McLaren boss Ron Dennis told ITV Sport after Hamilton?s victory that there were tensions and mistrust between his two drivers amid their close championship battle.

Hamilton admits it is hard to have a close relationship with an equally competitive team-mate and that each driver?s determination to win has created tensions between the pair.

?I think it is always difficult,? he said.

?I have had it with every team I have been in.

?When you have the two most competitive people in the team, possibly the two most competitive people around, both wanting to win. It puts the team under immense pressure.

?It is just extremely hard for everyone to play fair and to make it easy.

?That's why sometimes it appears that one driver is favoured over the other.

?That's why sometimes I feel he is favoured and vice-versa.?

However he insists that he doesn?t hold a grudge against the Spaniard and that his respect for the double world champion?s career achievements remains.

?I think going on from now, I hope he still speaks to me.

?I am easy to get along with, I don't hold grudges on anyone.

?I'm still leading the championship, I haven't lost respect for him.

?If he doesn't want to speak to me than that is for him to decide, but I'm open.?

Source

^ I agree! There just bitching now like little kids

Grow up Hamilton I'd say. Obviously not man enough to follow team orders and allow Alonso past when he was told before Qualifying and reminded Twice as Q3 started.

^ I remember that Alonso. He was really quiet and quite shy.

Opps! I should have searched first - Sorry!

Grow up Hamilton I'd say. Obviously not man enough to follow team orders and allow Alonso past when he was told before Qualifying and reminded Twice as Q3 started.

True, but that doesn't justify Alonso's actions... You can't punish Hamilton, just because Alonso wanted revenge like a spanish d*ckhead.

I agree, Rubens moved over for Michael because he had a clause in his contract. Mika Salo moved over for Irvine because he had a clause in his contract. IMO unless there is a clause in Hamiltons contract...which I doubt considering their "equal status" I don't see any reason why he should move over. What if he had of moved over and Kimi had of passed him and wrecked his race?? Where is the equal status then.

Hamilton drove flat chat to try and put a gap between the McLarens and Kimi, but Alonso didn't follow suit, maybe because he knew Hamilton had to let him by. However if he had of stuck to Lewis' tail we wouldn't be having these discussions. Yes they are both somewhat to blame but Alonso's "revenge" tactic was pathetic.

The thing about this whole thing that I don't get is that your position isn't indicative of where you truly are in Quali, and while being out front is preferred, its not going to ruin it for you if you get passed. So it mostly comes down to ego and deciding you are more important then the team. I think Hamilton had legit reasons to do what he did, as did Alonso in response, but I don't think that their actions were well thought out, mature and team oriented.

I do think it would have been a hell of a race with both Mclarens at the front racing each other, on top of that its obviously not something that any of them needed right now (enough BS with Ferrari to keep them covered easily). I'm glad Hamilton won it, but it would have been a much cooler race if 1) Hamilton had had his chance to get his last lap in and 2) If they had both been on the front row fighting for the win. A Kimi, Hami, Alonso fight would have been quite fun to watch.

JH

The thing about this whole thing that I don't get is that your position isn't indicative of where you truly are in Quali, and while being out front is preferred, its not going to ruin it for you if you get passed.

Not quite - running at the front of Q3 maximises your time on track - so you get to have the lightest possible fuel load at the end of the session.

Exactly, another example of Mosley's rule changes biting the sport in the arse. Although I quite like the quali system, worked well until someone discovered you can introduce tactics. Mindless fuel burn isn't great for eco-image either.