2007 Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix

It was interesting if you saw the brake and throttle readouts for Fisichella and Davidson alongside each other. Fisichella was being very ragged and inconsistent, hammering the throttle on and off all the way out of the corner. Davidson was very smooth and progressive, which allowed him to get more throttle on overall sooner. Fisichella wants his Renault seat next year? He's a hack who can't outdrive a Super Aguri. I don't think there's been a single race this year that we haven't heard someone over the radio to him telling him he needs to push on more.

I may have felt bad for Massa in other circumstances, he does seem to have more than his share of bad luck.

Let's see how this Raikkonen strategy plays out, looks like Lewis has to get on with it.

EDIT:
Fantastic overtaking by Lewis on Kimi! Hammering the brakes, takes the car sideways through the corner because of oversteer from the heavy braking and held it all neatly enough.

Last edited:
Bob Varsha just said that Alonso hasnt had to share his setup with Hamilton since Turkey, and look, Hamiltons losing time and made a setup mistake in Turkey!

Alonso has the win.

Please tell me James' head just exploded!!

Great win. Great Race. Interesting Alonso stayed wide.

ROLL ON BELGIUM :woot:

HONDA A POINT :woot: :woot:

McLaren 1, 2 I'm so happy :)

NOT AS HAPPY AS ME :woot:

We just doubled our points tally and halved Super Best Friends advantage over us :lol:

Damn it, went to be really late and woke up just in time for the post race interviews!!! Gutted. Oh well I will have to torrent it.

So what's all these rumours about Kimi started 1.5m ahead of his box during the start? Apparently aerial shots confirm it. I haven't yet had the chance to see it myself.

Bob Varsha just said that Alonso hasnt had to share his setup with Hamilton since Turkey, and look, Hamiltons losing time and made a setup mistake in Turkey!

Alonso has the win.

It's just a rumour. :wink:

That was a really good race, loved the overtaking move Hamilton did on Kimi.

Was hoping Webber would be able to overtake Button and finish in the points and prevent Honda doubling their points. The DC crash was pretty crazy.

Bring on Spa!!

Damn it, went to be really late and woke up just in time for the post race interviews!!! Gutted. Oh well I will have to torrent it.

So what's all these rumours about Kimi started 1.5m ahead of his box during the start? Apparently aerial shots confirm it. I haven't yet had the chance to see it myself.

It appeared that way from his onboard, but nothing was mentioned of it on Speed.

He looked about a foot over to me though.

Hamiltons overtaking/defending was awesome...great drive by Alonso though...

Kubica drove very well after his pitstop didnt he.

Kubica drove very well after his pitstop didnt he.

Agreed, he lost over 10 seconds with that pit stop, surprised he even finished in the points! Good Job Robert!

Well sad to see Ferrari like this, the mechanic guys in Ferrari were gutted. Oh well roll on Spa.

Did Massa hit Hamilton or was it the other way around? Personally, I don't think Hamilton made a good challenge from the outside.

Great race, McLaren stuck it brilliantly to Ferrari (expect a renewed onslaught of anti-McLaren propaganda for the rest of the week) and Hamilton showed real class and determination.

Alonso has the win.
Well Hamilton did qualify higher than Alonso in turkey with his own setup, alonso chose to do q3 on hards while hamilton chose to do it on softs. Setup mistake for Alonso? or Hamilton better at setups? You decide.