2007 Turkish Grand Prix

But Spyker dont bring anything to the sport. They whinge too much, are always at the back of the grid and signed Yamamoto for christ sake when theres other drivers available.

Id personally like to see them Yellow again and with a man name EJ in charge.

you're right EJ was more fun, he actually was one of the people who wanted to get the 12 seat, but then prodrive got it. This might be another chance for him. But personally I hated the yellow, I always like the 7up Irish green Jordan

What is it with Tilke tracks??

Practice 2 halted due to loose drain cover

The second free practice session for the Turkish Grand Prix has been stopped due to a loose drain cover at Turn 10.

The drain cover became dislodged when Giancarlo Fisichella's Renault ran over it prompting FIA officials to call a halt to proceedings just before the half hour mark.

Juan Pablo Montoya was forced to retire from the Chinese Grand Prix when his car was damaged in a similar incident in 2005.

Lewis Hamilton is currently fastest, the Englishman having eclipsed Kimi Raikkonen's morning best with a 1m28.469s lap.

Ferrari's Finnish is second with Felipe Massa.

Source

450494.jpg

They do it with drain covers at street circuits.

Qualifying Results

Qualifying Results

1. MASSA Ferrari
2. HAMILTON McLaren
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
4. ALONSO Mclaren
5. KUBICA BMW
6. HEIDFELD BMW
7. KOVALAINEN Renault
8. ROSBERG Williams
9. TRULLI Toyota
10. FISICHELLA Renault
11. DAVIDSON Super Aguri
12. WEBBER Red Bull
13. COULTHARD Red Bull
14. BARRICHELLO Honda
15. BUTTON Honda
16. WURZ Williams
17. LIUZZI Toro Rosso
18. R SCHUMACHER Toyota
19. SATO Super Aguri
20. VETTEL Toro Rosso
21. SUTIL Spyker
22. YAMAMOTO Spyker

Well done to Massa on taking pole, I think the Ferraris have a slight upper hand over the McLarens. Disappointing results for RBR, looks like there may be problems with their new aero upgrades. :( Ralf was at his best once again along with Spyker.

Last edited:
I think Davidson did really well to get 11th hopefully he can scores some points, the usual lot up at the top, getting a bit dull tbh.

Alonso on heavier fuel? He'll need to jump Raikkonen on the start to make it work I think.

Button with an engine change, so he'll start last.

Ferrari wont be as strong in the race. Did you see how they were struggling to turn in to corners throughout the whole hour?

That will hurt them during the race.

Well done Davidson. What about Ralfie though!!

Button... Engine change... :cry:

go ferrari!! i'm hoping for another ferrari 1-2, hopefully with massa first and ice-man right behind him.

Alonso on heavier fuel? He'll need to jump Raikkonen on the start to make it work I think.

Button with an engine change, so he'll start last.
alonso decided to use hard tires for q3 which backfired on him.

I'm really pulling for a Massa victory. I hope he can keep Hamilton back through the first corner.

Hoping Raikonnen can have a better start than Hamilton

Strange decision by Alonso. Raikonnen stuffed up, otherwise would have had pole I reckon. Good lap by Massa, and we all know what happens when he starts from Pole.

Awesome awesome drive by Davidson!!!

I think Ferrari will struggle as they are having turn in difficulties.

Ferrari do seem to have a fair bit of turn in understeer, but it hasn't hurt their one lap pace and only seems to be in the last couple of slow speed corners....so I'm not sure it will be a major issue.

Understeer will grain the tyres though, so they might see some trouble as they work through their stints, although the fuel load will lighten and this should be less of an issue.

Martin was saying that over the course of the race, it will be a problem.