2007 US Grand Prix

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
http://img128.imageshack.**/img128/5185/imsentryup6.gif

Welcome to the United States Grand Prix. After an eventful race in Canada, we now head to the Brickyard for what will hopefully be just as exciting, but without the serious crashes that we have seen in Canada.

It's likely that Sebastian Vettel will be filling in for Kubica, who I hope gets better soon with his broken leg, so it will be interesting to see how he goes.

Will it be back to back race wins for Lewis?
Will Ferrari find some speed at their favourite track with such a short gap between races?
Super Aguri, more points?
Can Fernando catch Lewis in the championship at his least favourite track?
What effect will Kubica's crash have on BMW as a whole at this race?
Will Schumi appear and destablise Ferrari again (cos thats what I think is happening!!)?

All these and much more to answer as we get set for this Sunday's US GP at Indianapolis. Let the discussion begin.

I think nothing can top the Canadian grand prix, hope it won't go to boring, sleepy standards.

I think Alonso will be trying his hardest to beat Hamilton, so I dont think it will be too boring, and will be interesting to see what Vettel can do in the BMW.

As for topping the Canadian race, I think Belgium might just do that later this year. Praying for rain for that one :D

Edit: Kubica hasn't injured himself at all. May be racing in Indy. Vettel on standby.
Source

Last edited:
It's likely that Sebastian Vettel will be filling in for Kubica, who I hope gets better soon with his broken leg, so it will be interesting to see how he goes.
Wow, Vettel is only 19! :eek:

I wouldn't be surprised if the doctors didn't clear Robert to drive in Indianapolis. The doctors tend to be careful when it comes to head and brain trauma, even if it's light, and you should always take care after a concussion as the results of another impact of similar force could cause much more damage.

But we'll see. I wouldn't mind Vettel having a go, he was very fast as a third driver last year and has proven to have the potential to become a champion once he gets to F1.

My thoughts are that Robert will miss the USGP. Vettel will sit in for him. He's a bloody good driver, young Vettel.

I'd like to see him have a go, and probably BMW may be interested as well to see how he copes with a grand prix situation.

McLaren have won at Malaysia, Monaco and Canada, three tracks that are vastly different to each other. And they've been convincing about it. The advantage is with them now, and Heidfeld's great drive at Canada must surely mean he will be standing on the top step sooner, rather than later. Ferrari's fast fading challenge is up to Massa now.

Maybe Honda can score a point? Doubt it though, I'd rather Super Aguri scored! :D

Hey, what happens to Super Aguri next year if they are going to get this years Honda chassis??

Hey, what happens to Super Aguri next year if they are going to get this years Honda chassis??

Little offtopic, but can they have the option of keeping this year chassis? Just modify it or something? Maybe they can get money and actually build the car themselves?

Will Schumi appear and destablise Ferrari again (cos thats what I think is happening!!)?

From what I have read on the web... I agree.
People miss Michael too much so maby the team misses him too. It looks like it affects the performance.

It's possible that Robert could be running as he only has a sprained ankle and is otherwise fine - BMW will be making a decision on Thursday. However it wouldn't hurt to rest him to ensure he doesn't have concussion etc. But the best thing they could do would be to chuck him back in (getting back on the horse after you've been thrown off theory)

I'd love to see a good race at Indy but I personally think the track is pretty shite with the exception for the last corner. Even so I'll getup at 2:30 to still see channel 10 pissfarting about with video hits so we get the race on 1/2 hour delay in Adelaide :mad:
Thank god for sopcast!

Maybe Fernando will have another crack at the first corner and succeed with taking Hamilton out this time - he got bloody close in Canada!

What effect would the banked turn have on an injury though compared to a normal race track?

What effect would the banked turn have on an injury though compared to a normal race track?

The G-Forces are slightly different I guess There would be more vertical G (up and down) on the driver than usual combined with the lateral G (side to side) I suppose it wouldn't be any worse than say going through Eau Rouge at Spa though...

In Kubica's case I don't think it would make much difference - perhaps BMW may want to rest him to ensure he's OK - a 5 day turn around is pretty quick after a massive shunt like that.

I think that he will be rested. Better to be safe than sorry.

kubika has nothing, not even a broken leg...
so he probably will be driving the US GP

kubika has nothing, not even a broken leg...
so he probably will be driving the US GP

He has has concussion, so it's up to the FIA doctors to clear him to race, and since he was unconcious for a short time when he crashed then I reckon they will tell him not to race.

thats pretty cool, good for him.

Not my favourite track of the season but I think it will be one of the most interesting, I hope alonso does well, I fear the pressure is getting to him a bit.

ask ralf:lol: i cant wait for this race, hopefully massa will bring his game back, kimi bettr get some points for the constructors tho!!...and i hope rosberg and heidfeld can do really well again...my ideal podium..1) massa, 2) kimi 3) rosberg, vettel,heidfeld