2008 British Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Hamilton/Hamilton
2) Will we get rain during the race?
Yes
3) Will someone get penalised and what for?
No
4) Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race?
Hamilton, Raikkonen, Kubica, Massa, Kovalainen, Trulli, Alonso, Webber
5) Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)?
No
6) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Constructors Champion?
Ferrari
7) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Drivers Champion?
Too hard to say

You know what the best thing about this race is? I land at Heathrow 2 hours and 10 minutes after it starts :(.
And I leave on the first day of the British Motor Show, but thats another matter.

All the weather reports are saying heavy rain and possibly thunderstorms all weekend. This is Britain so there's a good chance it might actually happen.

You know what the best thing about this race is? I land at Heathrow 2 hours and 10 minutes after it starts :(.
And I leave on the first day of the British Motor Show, but thats another matter.

Oh, that is a real shame. Have a nice time over there though. :)

Do consider rain a possibility. Last night was thunder and lightning for many hours, it?s been on and off across Britain for a week or two.

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/2008/07/04/366/ :lol:

NEW SILVERSTONE PLANS REVEALED!
Sniff, Friday, July 4th, 2008 at 3:09 am

Posted in News

silverstoneexpansion.jpg
Whilst the BRDC continues to act as if it isn?t annoyed by Bernard Ecclestone?s pretend plans to move the British Grand Prix to Donington or Brands Hatch or the Birmingham Superprix circuit or something, the Silverstone circuit itself is about to undergo an exciting revamp that will surely make it the best Formula 1 facility in Northamptonshire.

The new developments won?t be ready for this year?s British GP of course, but work will start on them the very second the last car has left the circuit?s car parks after this year?s race. And when those bulldozers kick into action in September, they?ll have quite a job on because Sniff Petrol has seen the new Silverstone plans and they?re certainly ambitious, whilst retaining the character of the probably-loved circuit and building on its strengths.

One of the first areas for attention is bleakness. For years, the British Grand Prix at Silverstone has been famed for the flat, unremitting miserableness of its views and the facelift scheme seeks to capitalise on that by levelling many of the surrounding fields and building over them with huge expanses of grey, slightly cracked concrete. In the original redevelopment plans, these areas could have been used for race day parking but in fact the planners have been much more canny than that, carefully securing an addition 30 acres of damp, muddy field in which people can lose their cars.

Other facilities haven?t been forgotten either because the new Silverstone will boast a 124 percent increase in the amount of space devoted to stalls selling cheaply made F1 related crap, including 216 percent increase in the areas devoted to stands hawking ghastly Ferrari branded clothing. There will also be a threefold increase in the number of rusty and unnerving fairground rides and, for more privileged F1 fans, a huge increase in the amount of helicopters that can?t take off because there are somehow too many helicopters already in the air.

Finally, it wouldn?t be Silverstone on Grand Prix weekend without the overpowering smell of chips and, under the new plans, that disgusting stench will be more all-consuming than ever thanks to a massive increase in chips stalls and a state-of-the-art fan system which will mean almost no part of the circuit will go without a vile greasy smell getting into the back of everyone?s throats.

The exciting new Silverstone facilities are expected to be ready just around the time Bernard Ecclestone decides he can?t be bothered having a Grand Prix in Britain at all any more.

Things have started well, an accident on the M1 and a lorry hanging off a bridge on the A45 have brought a chunk of Northamptonshire to a standstill. Still, some fans may get there before the end of FP1..

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! BRITISH GRAND PRIX MOVES TO DONINGTON PARK FROM 2010!!!!!!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68828

Silverstone loses British GP to Donington

By Jonathan Noble Friday, July 4th 2008, 10:39 GMT

The British Grand Prix will leave Silverstone and move to Donington Park from 2010, the FIA announced on Friday.

After months of speculation about whether or not Silverstone would retain the race, Donington Park has moved to complete a deal to secure the future of the event.

FIA President Max Mosley said: "After many years of patient but fruitless negotiation with the BRDC, we are delighted that Bernie has nevertheless been able to ensure that the British Grand Prix will keep its place on the Formula One World Championship calendar.

"We understand that the development programme planned for Donington will achieve the very high standards we and FOM expect from a modern F1 circuit. Finally, British Formula One fans will get the Grand Prix venue they deserve."

Bernie Ecclestone, FOM President, added: "Finally the uncertainty is over. A contract has been signed with Donington Park and the future of the British Grand Prix is now secure.

"We wanted a world class venue for Formula One in Britain, something that the teams and British F1 fans could be proud of. The major development plans for Donington will give us exactly that. A venue that will put British motor sport back on the map.

"I am sorry that we could not have helped Silverstone to raise the money to carry out the circuit improvements and run Formula One. I believe that the government should have supported them which would have cost probably less than .002% of the government's commitment for the Olympic Games."

Sorry for the double post, but this deserved to be brought to the public's attention.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't think that was going to happen. But I guess it's better then losing the British GP altogether.

Wow indeed. I'll have more to say on that later I think, but I dont have the time now. Yay Kovalainen, keep up the good work!

Fuck. I like Donington, but Silverstone's one of the few places you really get to see an F1 car work it's incredible magic at high speed - it's loss is a big one as far as I'm concerned.

Not to mention the great history Silverstone has.

Hopefully they'll get their act together with Silverstone and get the facilities up to date soon so that the GP could return there soon.

Massa's crash:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dWaY-mtig[/YOUTUBE]

Well already so much to talk about!!!!!!

Bad crash for Massa, even worse he will lose valuable set up time. Lets hope his engine/gearbox wasn't damaged in that collision. Or maybe we SHOULD hope they were damaged hehe :p He lost it on Alonso's oil by the way which is why it let go so fast.

As for Donington I don't see it as a huge problem. Donington is a great undulating high speed track with some great overtaking opportunities. Yes Silverstone is wonderful but something new never hurt. Can't wait to see an F1 car flat chat through the first half of Donington.

Those sector times make no sense in the practice sheet above, unless the Sector times simply mean the best time they did in that sector rather than the sector times on their best lap. Anyway Vettel like lightning again, Heidfeld nowhere, very close between Macca and Fezza and Piquet quite close to Alonso.

Oh and Honda are nowhere.

Kovi's really on the pace here..I'm hoping for a McLaren 1-2...

I just read the transcript of the chat between DC, Lewis and Button in the paper from Silverstone. Pretty funny, track it down. Basically Lewis joked that Button was fat, Button challenged Lewis into competing against him in a tri-athlon and he'd put money on the line for charity, Lewis tried to back out but was eventually talked into agreeing to go against him, and ten minutes later his dad came out calling it off with excuses.

Jesus Lewis, man up. You don't need your dad's permission everytime you want to take a shit.