2008 Formula 1 Season Thread

Keep Brundle for sure, and there should be another racing driver to partener him. Damon Hill was OK in Hungary, with some experience he could be really good.

Keep Brundle for sure, and there should be another racing driver to partener him. Damon Hill was OK in Hungary, with some experience he could be really good.

Damond was brilliant, so was Jenson, pity that he is still busy racing in F1 :p I'd love to see Jenson commentating when he retires.

And I agree with vikiradTG2007, but not just Martin Brundle, the whole bloody ITV crew needs to be brainwashed.

I agree that Brundle should be one of the commentators, and what do you guys think of Ben Edwards? I like him a lot.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/66608

Kubica to receive Bandini Trophy

By Michele Lostia Sunday, April 13th 2008, 09:40 GMT

Robert Kubica will be honoured with this year's Lorenzo Bandini Trophy as a result of his impressive outings with BMW Sauber since his Formula One debut in 2006.

The Pole has had a fine start to the season with two podiums in three races and his maiden pole position at last week's Bahrain Grand Prix.

The trophy, now in its fifteenth edition, is given out by the village of Brisighella, near Imola, in memory of local driver Lorenzo Bandini, who died in a fiery crash at the wheel of a Ferrari in the 1967 Monaco Grand Prix.

The trophy organizers have also pointed out Kubica's likability, modesty, his love for Italy, and his ability in speaking Italian as reasons for the award, which will be handed out in Brisighella on May 18, one week before the Monaco GP.

Previous winners include world champions Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villeneuve, while the last two editions honoured Felipe Massa and Mark Webber.

Also awarded will be former team principal Peter Sauber, who remained at BMW Sauber as a consultant.

Finally, a major award in motorsport in the last year that DOESN'T go to Hamilton.

To be honest I never really understood how they decide who gets this Bandini Trophy, but anyway, congrats to Robert ;)

I've never heard about this trophy to be honest, but that's kind of them.

Well done Robert :)

Renault copying Red Bull :p

deh0815ap03.jpg

Honda gives you wings:

deh0815ap25.jpg

McLaren testing slightly modified front wing and engine voer:

deh0815ap29.jpg

Well I guess they wouldn't do it if it wasn't would they...

That Renault and that Honda look hideous IMO

Sad to see another plucky back-of-the-grid team die because of poor financial decisions... Because if things move along like this, SA is dead. Last team to miss a GP was Arrows, 6 years ago, and about 4 races later they had gone bust.

Bourdais crashes new Toro Rosso

By Steven English Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 16:04 GMT

Sebastien Bourdais, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Barcelona test, April 2008Sebastien Bourdais crashed heavily in the Scuderia Toro Rosso STR3 at Barcelona this afternoon, forcing the team to call an early end to the first test of their new car.

The Frenchman was fortunate to escape unhurt when he left the track at Turn Nine and struck the barrier with the left side of the car.

Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost ruled out mechanical failure as the cause of the accident, saying: "He simply went too fast."

The damage to the STR3 means that Sebastian Vettel will not be able to sample the new car tomorrow as planned.

Source