2008 Le Mans Thread

i love the astons...that V10 is crazy. and i'm def rooting for them to topple audi and those stupid french. even their race cars look snooty...

but i gotta root for corvette racing. GM, bob lutz. etc. etc.

i mean, it's not like they havent been successful at lemans. so i'm not exactly rooting for the underdog, and i was happy to see aston take back a victory at lemans for the first time since...when?

1958?...it's good to see a rivalry in which the underdog wins from time to time.

good luck to them for sure.

would love to see a smaller team topple the germans.

Peugeot have already shattered the 3:20 laptime barrier with a 3:18.513!!!!!! :shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2: 8 SECONDS faster than last year's pole time and there's a difference of 5 SECONDS between the slowest Peugeot and the fastest Audi. Astonishing.

As expected, in LMP2, the Essex and Van Merksteijn cars are dominating. No surprise, since they're Porsche RS Spyders. Within 10 seconds of the Audis in lap times.

Last edited:
8 SECONDS faster than last year's pole time and there's a difference of 5 SECONDS between the slowest Peugeot and the fastest Audi. Astonishing.

:blink::shock:

What the hell did they do to achieve that? (I don't follow LMS regularly so it's quite a big shock for me ;) )

^ Its not on the entry list, so no, there is no race version of the 8C yet

also, did anyone see the awful crash the No. 40 Lola-Mazda had, just like the Ortelli crash and the 908 had during test day, clearly some rules will have to be changed to keep these cars from turning into planes, luckily the driver was walking around when he got out but I think he was knocked out for a bit.

^ Its not on the entry list, so no, there is no race version of the 8C yet

also, did anyone see the awful crash the No. 40 Lola-Mazda had, just like the Ortelli crash and the 908 had during test day, clearly some rules will have to be changed to keep these cars from turning into planes, luckily the driver was walking around when he got out but I think he was knocked out for a bit.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GkjOv2HJeZM[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.zshare.net/video/134806882a0e9535/

Last edited:
autosport.com:
The Japanese driver climbed out of the car and walked away from the accident, which was the sixth aerial crash for a prototype since March.

I wonder how many we will see during the race itself...

As Carlton Kirby said, 'it was Stephane Ortelli all over again'. A massive accident, luckily Hideki Noda didn't suffer any injuries.

It doesn't surprise me that the Peugeots are on top positions, although the improvement from last year is remarkable, to say the least. Let's see whether they'll last the distance this time, though, I'm a little doubtful over that...

Question again that might have already been addressed....sorry....is there going to be any decent online coverage of the race? I don't have Speed where I'm going to be this weekend and while I could find somewhere to watch it, I'd rather not.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this, but on Eurosport they have Eurosport player, you pay about ?4 for a month of Europort 1 and 2. But you properly need to be in Europe

As useal, Radio Le Mans will be covering EVERYTHING at www.radiolemans.com, even tho its just audio they do great coverage and are a great bunch of guys

I was just doing some research on the Eurosport player, mainly to see if I could get it and how much it would be. Well I went ahead and started signing up for it and the cost was 500 euro for 3 months! That's insane!

There are a lot of links on the Midweek Motorsport Listeners collective on Facebook (May need a facebook account) to get access to the Eurosport and RTL feed

The Eurosport Player is a service an online thing, and is better quality that the links on there, I'm quite pleased with it, not bad for ?4