2008 Pontiac G8 *Cough* commodore* cough* lol

I wouldn't really call the VL turbo one of holdens best cars, unless of course you like steering that's so unpredictable you're likely to go into a tree.

Yes the "wondersteer" option! lol, well it really depended on what suspension pack was ordered. I mean the normal suspension setup was confortable but woeful for everything else. To tell you the truth I've never owned a VL with the normal suspension sytem on it, either the FE2 Pack (sports/cops) or the V5F pack (country)

If you think the normal suspension is crap, check out the country pack!

All the Turbo cars (bar a few at the end) had the FE2 setup on them and they are a million times better than the normal car. Really.

However 90% of VL's are rooted heap of s**t.

there seems to be a steady rise of foul ass respray colours growing as well, bright pink or green.... foul foul foul crap

yeah there are a lot of rubbish ones out there, I still think my first car is still my idea of the perfect VL. No shit, tasteful mods and color. Only downside is that it wasn't a turbo :(

http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/9984/0000058is4.jpg

No, they weren't on the GTO, and they aren't on the G8.

Yes they were, I've HAD the hood open on a GTO, I've SEEN the vents, I KNOW they work as actual holes in the hood.

Of course they don't really duct them over the intake, they just allow fresh air into the engine bay.

You make it sound bad that is a commodore. Atleast GM is doing something, for is just re-heating cars by renaming them.

They should have named it the chief im getting sick of the alphanumeric names.

problem is most of them are clapped out pieces of crap these days, and that you can't really deny. You have to admit you see an awful lot of fucked up VL's

Probably because they're 20 years old and the car of choice for brain-dead hooligans nowadays? (then again, I owned an R31 (Pintara, but shh)) :)

Do decent VLs still demand a fair bit of money? I remember them still being worth a few grand when looking for the R31, but that was about 5 years ago. In fact, I believe a decent VL was worth more than a decent VN then, but I could be wrong. In fact, I would almost say I see more clean VLs than clean VNs.

I don't know why, but I still reckon a clean XF Falcon, lowered with the right wheels looks pretty tough.

Yes they were, I've HAD the hood open on a GTO, I've SEEN the vents, I KNOW they work as actual holes in the hood.

Of course they don't really duct them over the intake, they just allow fresh air into the engine bay.

Some 60's GTOs had a true ram air set up. It was optional for several model years.

THe modern one of course did not.

Some 60's GTOs had a true ram air set up. It was optional for several model years.

No it doesn't, it just lets the air in. So in someway it is a functional scoop, only it isn't:D

It was optional right up until production ended.

Late 60's I think did work. The first couple of years, it was useless. The scoops sat so far back on the hood that no (significant) amount of air got into them.

Why o why are the Americans obsessed with the fact you need a V8?
It comes standard with the new V6. I wouldn't say we're 'obsessed' with the V8, nearly all of the Chargers I see are 6 cylinder cars. And what's wrong with a 360hp V8 :D ? Other than the fact it fattens up an already large sedan. Aren't the wheels and suspension on this G8 concept HSV bits?

A rear-wheel-drive V8 with a manual. It's about time, GM!
Yes, because a Corvette has none of those things you listed.
If GM could somehow steal the Dodge Charger body and put it onto the G8 platform, I'd be pleased.

Yes, because a Corvette has none of those things you listed.
Er, let me rephrase: A rear-wheel-drive, four-door V8 with a manual that the general masses can afford and live with. Oh, and it looks great (in the aforementioned context).

don't you live in canada though? I wasn't sure they were selling it there
Maybe not, but the Canadian automotive industry totally rips us off. A lot of the time, importing a car from the US is cheaper than buying it in Canada even after currency exchange, duties, A/C tax, taxes on taxes and whatnot...just because U.S. car prices are that much lower. For example, Driver Television (it's a really lame car show, but they do occasionally have some useful facts) estimates that you'd save $16,000 CAD by importing a Corvette from the U.S. to Canada instead of just buying one in Canada.

Now we can hope that the G8 GXP will look like the pictures we have, and have the motor from the 500hp supercharged Monaro (VX500?).

Otherwise this car will be a tough sell against the 425hp Dodge Charger, especially since the manual transmission will not be a big seller (it's not like you need many gears when you have that much torque).

Steve