2008 STi Drive :) & Pics (56k at own risk)

its like they gave up on that fight the sti and the evo had -.-

^ I thought about this myself last night. I think he means the new WRX isn't the same class of car anymore. I agree with that, thought I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

^ I thought about this myself last night. I think he means the new WRX isn't the same class of car anymore. I agree with that, thought I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

You talk about the WRX but he's referring to the Sti, and they are pretty different cars despite having the same basic shape. So i don't buy that explanation. True the regular Impreza and WRX were very different cars, but they were also cheap in quality, not just price. Meanwhile the competition is raising quality and features in that segment of automobiles.

People on these forums need to have the ability to stop thinking like hardcore car fans and put themselves in the automakers shoes. Car companies need to make money in order to build cars geared towards hardcore enthusiasts. In order to make money they need to sell stuff that appeals to the lowest common denominator. Hence the reason why Porsche builds and sells something like the Cayenne SUV.

Likewise Subaru is not exactly a sales giant in any continent, hence they're trying to make moves to appeal to a broader segment of the market.

^ Yeah, I meant STI not just the regular WRX. But that's just my interpretation of what he was saying, I don't agree with that.

Sry i mean it was nice to see the sti and the evo compete and now its just a hot hatch :(

Youre insulting a lot of hatch fans by saying that, and considering many of the strong WRC rally cars are hatches, why do you consider that a bad thing? Are you so shallow that you think the hatch configuratino makes it a worse car? Do you think the Subaru rally team champion driver Solberg requested Subaru to do the redesign so he'd have a worse car to compete with? Please explain.