2009 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Last edited:
Does anybody have any proper videos of the crash? All I see it onboard Hamilton onboard Button and a little bit from the outside. Where is the footage from Alg and Gro cars? They are the onces to blame so lets see if they had no option to avoid the crash.

Does anybody have any proper videos of the crash? All I see it onboard Hamilton onboard Button and a little bit from the outside. Where is the footage from Alg and Gro cars? They are the onces to blame so lets see if they had no option to avoid the crash.

Haven't seen it anywhere. But TBH I think Alguersuari's explanation is pretty legit; he said Hamilton moved right into his path when he was trying to avoid the Grosjean/Button incident.

How Renault can claim it was Button who hit Grosjean though is baffling; racing incident or not, it was clearly the other way round!

All I could see was both cars being hit from behind, so cant judge but in Hamilton's case Alg said hamilton moved to the left so thats why he hit him. I dont understand why alg didnt go on the grass becaue he really could.

But Button really couldnt do anything, cant see it being his fault.

jhjjjj.jpg

LOOK! A SMILE :D He must be extraordinarily happy because of this win! =)

:burnrubber: Go Kimi!!! :clap::cheers::dance::w00t:

I just find that using the runoff to get from 6th to 3rd and not giving positions back is really WTF.

Nuff said. Great win, KERS worked, but.
Technically the race was legit, but ethically, its so wrong. Only one car ran really wide. Guess who. The one car the FIA wont penalize.

On hindsight, did anyone see the Magnum and Coke sticked on to the rear wing of the Force India ?

Hmmm....

Like last year Spa was the best race of the season. A lot of overtaking, bad luck for 4 cars at the beginning and nice podium. Since we could expect that KERS will be useful at Eau Rouge Kimi's win wasn't that unexpected.

What a great race for Fisi, all time just behind Ferrari, hope we'll see more Force India action at Monza.

One thing I'm wondering. Fisi was much lighter then Kimi and even a little lighter then Kubica and Glock. But his first pitstop was 2 laps after these two and on the same lap as Kimi. How he did that? Did the rest just pited earlier? It was quite risky for Ferrari.

This season become more interesting with another team wining the race and Force India with BMW so high.

Must be a dummy hired to take part in the press conference. That smile isn't on the Kimi Raikkonen Mood Chart...

kimi_raiko_faces.jpg

They dont call him the iceman for nothing. :)

Anyway I think Button really looks like he will p**s his championship title away.

Also Romain Grosjean is a tit if he thinks the crash wasnt his fault.

Shit start for Button and Hamilton, also sad for Alonso. Rest of the race was pretty interesting. Happy for Force India. :)

Great race. Spa once again shows its an awesome track and a great race, especially after the shitfest of Valencia. Would have liked to seen Kubi get podium but not a bad result for BMW. Now on to Monza!...

Like last year Spa was the best race of the season. A lot of overtaking, bad luck for 4 cars at the beginning and nice podium. Since we could expect that KERS will be useful at Eau Rouge Kimi's win wasn't that unexpected.

What a great race for Fisi, all time just behind Ferrari, hope we'll see more Force India action at Monza.

One thing I'm wondering. Fisi was much lighter then Kimi and even a little lighter then Kubica and Glock. But his first pitstop was 2 laps after these two and on the same lap as Kimi. How he did that? Did the rest just pited earlier? It was quite risky for Ferrari.

This season become more interesting with another team wining the race and Force India with BMW so high.

It is possible that the others pitted early to avoid traffic for example. Most probably the Mercedes Benz designed engine uses less fuel than Ferrari, Toyota or BMW.

SPA! God damn I was waiting for this one. Fun fucking race to watch at last.

BTW, I saw Button's on-board of the crash, Alguersuari smashed into him from behind and sent him straight into the wall, Button has 0 fault in that one.

I would really love to see Fisi in a Ferrari in Monza, after today's performance he truly deserves it.

This won't be around for much longer so grab it while it's hot!
Onboard cameras: Raikkonen, Barrichello, Hamilton, Button starts

[youtube]pS2sdXx08-Y[/youtube]

EDIT
Few things after watching that:
1.Hamilton tried so hard to avoid an accident...it was gay that he was eventually taken out.
2.About Jenson, Renault might have a point here cause Grosjean was right on the edge of the track and Jens flew straight into him, probably not noticing he was there. You can see it best on Barrichello's onboard. So I was wrong before :)
3.Barrichello was so smart lol. He saw the crash he went straight for the tarmac strip in the grass and gained god knows how many places. Respect for that ;)

Also : Kubica Onboard
[youtube]sl-SFWc17i8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Spa is the bet- if the rumors about it not coming back in a couple years are true I will be seriously annoyed. Spa and Montreal are my top two tracks and we're getting Montreal back so here's hoping they leave spa alone.

GREAT race, Kimi and Fisi both had good drives, I'm kind of disappointed that kers played such a big role, but its allowed within the rules so oh well. Bad-odur or whatever his name is won't be around for monza after his performance. It would be good to see Liuzzi again so I hope the fisi to Ferrari thing comes true, I never thought Liuzzi got a fair shake.

2.About Jenson, Renault might have a point here cause Grosjean was right on the edge of the track and Jens flew straight into him, probably not noticing he was there. You can see it best on Barrichello's onboard. So I was wrong before :)

That's interesting, cause I, like all of you, thought that Grosjean was responsible for that crash. After looking on that video I must admit it was Button's mistake. Not big, but definitely it wasn't Grosjean's fault.