2009 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

True, but he did had to pass all those guys in front of him. Even with KERS it's not an easy task to start from 6th and win the race.

I wonder if the car had no KERS and instead he had a light and balanced car, would he still won it? Maybe.

He may have, if he had more pace than Fisi at the start, or if he had forced Fisi into a mistake. But I do think Fisi was quicker in this one.

But credit where credit is due, with a car 1 second off you for 44 laps, Kimi didn't make a single error. That's pretty incredible.

Last edited:
:D That ''Australian'' driver is a hoot to talk to probably..

The press conference was nice to watch too, especially Vettel with his juicy commentary about Renault engines. If we translate what he said into French, I think we get ''merde''. =)

Luca badoer is the shittest driver I've ever seen in F1. If I was at Ferrari I wouldn't give him another contract as test driver.

Luca badoer is the shittest driver I've ever seen in F1. If I was at Ferrari I wouldn't give him another contract as test driver.

Nah, there are worse. At least he can get to the end of races.

It has to be said, Luca's efforts look much worse than they really are because of how close the F1 field is at the moment. There are no bad cars or drivers in the grid which makes someone who is even slightly below that level look very bad indeed. It's true that Badoer's efforts haven't been very good and he does not belong in F1 but to say that he is the worst driver is unfair on him, as F1 history knows some drivers who were far, far worse. Deletraz being one example.

Exactly. Take a field spread like in the early 1990s, and Luca would easily be inside the top ten on his team's current pace, but in the lower half of the top ten(obviously).

Damn... university only starts in a week but I'm so busy with it already, had to go to Budapest several times and I even went to a "getting-to-know-each-other" camp last week which meant that I couldn't really spend much time following all the news on F1 - uni hasn't even started but it already irritates me :lol:

Back to topic, I liked the race, I love Spa, and it was refreshing to see a result like this.
I'm happy for Kimi, he really knows how to drive in Spa!
Force India, and especially Fisi of course, were amazing, really really impressive! They haven't even scored so far and now 8 points with a pole position. I wonder how they can manage in the remaining races.
Vettel did a great job to drive to the podium.
I wanted a podium finish for Kubica but I'm happy with a 4th place too after all the disasters of 2009. :)
I felt sorry for Alonso, I thought he drove a good race and he would have been close to a podium finish.

The crash at the start - well, this kind of start is bound to happen sometimes, especially if you have rookies in the field with an experience of one or two races. I think Button is rather lucky not to lose more of his advantage in the WDC.

Badoer has to be replaced.

Bring on Monza!

a bit late but..
nice race, Raikkonen with a great start and restart, impressive Fisichella/Force India...
about the crash, after seeing the onboard footage in Barrichello's car I cannot blame Grosjean a 100% for that...
good race for Vettel, a great podium and some good points... Barrichello with his start issues again... but apart from that quite a ok race, and some drama for him in the last laps... for the championship will be good if Button don't score points again, this is looking now like a so much more exciting ending for the season than it looked some races ago :)

It's not nonsense. It's pure logic. Dirty air behind a car stertches back to 1.5 seconds. Fisichella was 1 second off Kimi throught the whole race, and he was setting the same lap times as Kimi who was in clean air. He was therefore faster.

Did Fisi win? No. Was he second? Yes. Is KERS allowed and all teams had the chance to make it and use ituntil now? Yes.

Case closed.

Did Fisi win? No. Was he second? Yes. Is KERS allowed and all teams had the chance to make it and use ituntil now? Yes.

Case closed.

By that line of thinking, your signature should have Massa, Raikkonen and Badoer :D

Great race from both drivers though.

I never said Kimi didn't win fairly. He won that race fair and square. But Fisi was quicker. There is no argument you can possibly formulate to suggest he wasn't, as setting the same lap times in dirty air is more difficult than clean air. It's pure science.

I still fail to understand how Kimi overtook Fisi so easily...Their pace was very similar and straight line speed wasn't that different in the speed trap...plus, till now Kers never made a big enough of a difference to allow overtaking a similarly paced car, you need to be marginally quicker. Kimi came up with a move Fisi couldn't, even though he was quicker, I suppose KERS has some relevance but it just seemed far too easy.

They were after a SC restart, so Kimi might have kept more temperature in the tires, enabling him to have a better exit from La Source. And a better exit from there, combined with no lift through Eau Rouge and a dash of KERS, can fully explain the move.