2009 BMW 7-series

maateuszz89

Car(s)
2009 Mazda CX-7, 2006 Alfa Romeo 147
Found this today:

motorauthority.com
Due for introduction late next year as a 2009 model, BMW?s next-gen 7-series saloon has been spotted in recent months undergoing testing on both sides of the Atlantic. Though the test cars revealed some basic details such as the overall shape and wheelbase, their heavy camouflage meant the car?s final look has remained a mystery.

These latest renderings give us an early look as to what to expect, compiled using information from past spy shots and sources close to the project. As the images suggest, the styling of the next 7-series will be heavily influenced by the current 3-series and won?t be as radical as earlier predicted. The car?s overhangs will be longer than the current model but will sit lower and wider, giving the car a sportier appearance.

Most of the changes will be taking place beneath the new sheet-metal. Noticeable changes will be a longer wheelbase and wider track as well as a range of new engine options including a hybrid version. BMW, along with GM and Daimler, has developed a two-mode hybrid system that?s expected to debut in the new 7, and last month a prototype was even spotted entering GM?s Michigan proving grounds.

BMW?s new twin-turbo petrol V8, which debuted in the X6 crossover, will also make an appearance in the 7-series as well as a possible V8 turbodiesel. Other new technologies will be a new eight-speed ZF automatic transmission and a torque-splitting differential on the rear axle.

BMW-7-v.jpg

BMW-7-h.jpg

I think it is far better looking than current 7-series. I hope they'll improve the grill in production version.

Hahahahaha, that's hideous! It's so ugly I can't stop laughing!

(Note: Yes, I know it's yet another useless rendering. But that doesn't make it any less hideous)

Last edited:
Why post shitty rendering insted of real spyshots? Beats me as those are utterly useless - it will never look anything like that.

I kinda like the current 7 series.
And the pictures in this topic about the coming 7 series is just more guessing.

That first picture makes the car look very Mercedes-ish. I think it looks pretty darn good except for the grille. I'll save my final judgment until real photos are released.

I like the rims and its monstrous proportions! :D

Meh, doesn't do anything for me, still like the E38 version the best ('95-'01).

bloody ugly.

but the rims... OMG, they sure look nice

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the giant kidney grills. Seriously. They're huge.

^ +1, it's like two 300C's hit eachother...sideways..and grew different headlights... and changed brand, wheels, engine...

Okay, so I suck at figurative speech. So sue me.

Reactions: TC
I like the back, but I can't deal with the front. I am sick of the BMW kidney grills getting larger and larger on every fucking new car. ARGH!

I'm sorry, it's just horrific. If it comes out like that to production, I will glue both my index fingers to my tongue, and then pull it out.

Seriously, From the back it looks like an 8 series that's gone through some nasty abuse, and from the front.......... yeah.