2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
What do you mean?

I think he means that he is happy that Cadillac is producing these kinds of vehicles. Only a few years back all Cadillacs were front wheel drive.

Chris Doane risked considerable dampness to bring us back these spy shots of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. The development mule is lightly camoflouged, but on the frent end we can clearly see mesh replacing the new Cadillac grille that's currently making the rounds of the luxury brand. Down low there's a deep chin spoiler, but we suspect your eyes are gravitating to that massive bulge on the hood. It hides a supercharger that's integrated into the intake manifold of the CTS-V's new small-block "LSA" motor. Sources say at least 500 horsepower is a given for the car, though most expect that number to reach at least 515 to 525 hp so that the Caddy can remain ahead of a BMW M5 in a streetlight fight.

In the shot above, you can see just how wide those rear tires have to be to handle all that twist. Likewise, from the side, it's evident that enormous Brembo discs and a plethora of pistons will be required to slow down the new CTS-V. Word has it that General Motors also completely reengineered the rear end to eliminate the axle hop for which the current model is infamous.

Known internally as "GMX322 V S/C", the 2009 CTS-V will likely begin production in September of 2008 and reach a maximum of 7,000 units per year. While the standard CTS is poised to shake up the luxury car segment as the first American attempt to build an honest-to-goodness world-class car, the CTS-V, its performance brethren, is shaping up as a supercar in sedan clothing.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/30/spy-shots-2009-cadillac-cts-v/

http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/5074/abwctsvseriescdjun07prika0.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/8805/abwctsvseriescdjun07prihq8.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/710/abwmctsvseriescdjun07prei9.jpg

Last edited:
Wait so it's getting a Supercharged Northstar? If so, awesome!

I know they mention bigger rubber, hopefully it's enough, the current CTS-V lacks in that department and even the heavy ass M5 has more grip than the caddy.

Wait so it's getting a Supercharged Northstar? If so, awesome!

I know they mention bigger rubber, hopefully it's enough, the current CTS-V lacks in that department and even the heavy ass M5 has more grip than the caddy.

The article says it will be a supercharged LS engine.

When before have you thought of the words Cadillac and Performance in the same sentance?

It's like when Buick was making the GN/GNX. The company that makes your grandfather's car is now making a car that will go and just destroy most of what is out on the road. But the GN/GNX wasn't around for very long, the V series looks to stay around for a long time. Also Buick didn't throw everything they had at the car the way Cadillac has done/is doing with the V series. Come on, saying a Cadillac has 500hp in stock trim doesn't sound strange?

Outside of the Corvette, Cadillac is the only part of GM producing serious performance cars. I know the G8 and Camaro are coming but neither of these cars will be able to touch this new CTS. It's because of cars like the CTS that the average Cadillac owner is now younger than the average Buick owner. That is also something that sounds strange to say.

I hope it works, but to change ones image takes more than a few models, it takes years - Ford UK has needed twenty plus years, but they have got there.

We did it baby! We are finally making a car people (yes you Europeans) can't really make fun of (until the obviously impartial review:p). Anyway, I'd like to thank God, my Manager Rollin' GM, my wife Catera, my children SRX and Commodore (not too sure but I don't think that's my kid) and my mechanic, Hernandez, who put up with my head gasket problems over the years. Thanks everyone and peace out.

57-02.jpg

^haha...nice:p

oh man this CTS-V is just looking better and better, that bulge on the hood is HUGE!..so are the brakes, tires, and definately the power!!! According to Lutz, he says its unbelievable that hes never driven anything like it, and seeing how it hasnt really been publicized that he said similar things about other GM cars (mayb he did for the vette/Z06) this should be a hell of a car!!...can it dethrone the RS4:O

Outside of the Corvette, Cadillac is the only part of GM producing serious performance cars. I know the G8 and Camaro are coming but neither of these cars will be able to touch this new CTS. It's because of cars like the CTS that the average Cadillac owner is now younger than the average Buick owner. That is also something that sounds strange to say.

The new CTS would have to be pretty damn fast to be faster than the hot versions of the g8, the HSV version of it is already running sub 5sec 0-100km (just)

The new CTS would have to be pretty damn fast to be faster than the hot versions of the g8, the HSV version of it is already running sub 5sec 0-100km (just)

Well I'm talking about the V series version, I know a nomral CTS couldn't keep up without some help.

http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/8503/1may30ctspe0.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/5475/2may30ctsxx4.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/8585/3may30ctsox8.jpg

A new round of spy photos show the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V with less disguise than ever before. The car is expected to use the new "LSA" Corvette motor, delivering at least 500 horsepower.

The CTS-V will feature a supercharger integrated into the intake manifold. This is the same setup the upcoming Corvette SS / Blue Devil will have with its LS9 motor. However, while the Corvette SS motor will be hand built at the Performance Build Center in Wixom, MI, the Cadillac's LSA motor will be built in a conventional motor plant.

Automatic and manual transmissions will be available, and an optional paddle shift feature is also anticipated.

Production on the new CTS V-Series will start in September of 2008, and will be limited to about 7000 units annually. Internally, GM is referring to the car as "GMX322 V S/C."

GM's Bob Lutz was recently quoted saying the 2009 CTS-V "will be at a power level only described as unexpectedly high." Then referencing the current BMW M5, Lutz said the CTS-V ?will suck the doors off? the competition if the new M5 isn't significantly better.

After driving a prototype, Lutz said "flat-out incredible. I?ve never driven anything like that.?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-v-future.html#more-4990

the V series looks to stay around for a long time.

I was very worried when I didn't see any V-series cars in Cadillac's booth at the NY Auto Show this year. Glad to see it will still be around.

I still go to the auto show but I'm less awed by the cars in the last few years; I entertain myself by observing who shows up at each manufacturer's booth. I mean, you have enthusiasts like me who go nearly everywhere, but you get people interested in Mercs going just to the Merc booth, etc. You can tell a lot about a brand by who is milling around the display.

For example, at the Mercedes booth I observed a lot of silver-haired upper managers with expensive watches in their 50s. At the BMW booth next to it, I saw pepper-haired middle managers in their 40s. At the Toyota booth I saw a lot of milk-toast middle-of-the-road types. At the Cadillac booth, I saw a lot of old men with pot bellies sitting on the bench to catch their breath. Now, don't get me wrong, I lust after a CTS-V.

Maybe next year I'll make that the focus of my trip to the auto show -- people watching.

Well, the current CTS-V with but 400 hp (hits 0-60 in under 5 seconds; 4.6, specifically, I believe) beat the Audi S4 around the Top Gear track, even with Stig in the Audi! So, this 2009 CTS-V with 500+ hp, will most likely beat the Audi RS4. Just an assumption though. What they better do, is make sure they give the new CTS-V FULL leather interior options! THEN I'll be smiling, and screaming "FINALLY! THANK YOU CADILLAC! YOU'VE DONE IT!" lol :)

I mean, even the 2008 Corvette has leather interior options, for goodness sake!

Well, the RS4 will be 4 years old in 2009. And btw the currentt CTS-V doesn't handle as well as an european car - the S4 was wayyyy faster in the corners.