2009 F1 Car Launches

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
The 2009 F1 car launches will begin early in the new year, with Ferrari kicking things off on January 12.

Ferrari - F2009 F60 - January 12 - Fiorano Circuit Mugello Circuit, Italy. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

Toyota - TF109 - January 15 - via the Internet, then a track debut on January 20 at Algarve Motor Park, Portimao, Portugal. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

McLaren - MP4-24 - January 16 - McLaren Technology Centre in Woking. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

Williams - FW31 - January 19 - Algarve Motor Park, Portimao, Portugal. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

Renault - R29 - January 19 - Algarve Motor Park, Portimao, Portugal. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

BMW - F1.09 - January 20 - Valencia Test Circuit, Valencia, Spain. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

Red Bull - RB5 - February 9 - Circuito de Jerez, Spain. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

Force India - VJM02 - March 1 - Circuito de Jerez, Spain. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

Toro Rosso - STR4 - March 9 - Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain. - Launch coverage & more pictures begin here

As the other teams release their launch dates, I will update this original post to reflect those dates.

I will also update this post as each car launch occurs similar to last year's thread.

Last edited:

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
It's not the F1.09, just an interim car for testing 2009 aerodynamic parts before they actually make it onto the new car. So basically a 2008 car with 2009 aerodynamics.

devil500

Car(s)
'07 VW Rabbit 2.5 (Golf) MKV, PCR MXK8 Rotax Max
I think BMW will have a totally different looking car. To some extent it will look similar, but I think they are more or less just going basic to learn what these cars will do.

ladora

Not A Dude
I think BMW will have a totally different looking car. To some extent it will look similar, but I think they are more or less just going basic to learn what these cars will do.

As long as it's not that... boxy... toy-ish... looking car. With the ridiculous wings.

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
Williams confirm 19 January launch

Williams F1 have confirmed to launch their FW31 on 19 February. Just like we reported earlier, the launch will be held at the Algarve Motor Park circuit near Portimao in Portugal. On the same day and location, Renault F1 have earlier announced to release its R29 on the track.

Williams added that the launched car will track debut with its winter test colours. The team's racing colours will only be unveiled at the first Grand Prix of 2009 at Melbourne.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/11325?sid=d8fbd2801c825000dee1f1494d6e11ab

ladora

Not A Dude
Williams confirm 2009 launch

Williams have announced that their 2009 car, the FW31, will be launched at the Algarve Motor Park in Portugal on January 19.

The day will be the car's on track debut, with drivers Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima sampling it for the first time in the test.

Renault will also unveil their 2009 challenger at the Portimao venue on the same day.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72526

vegasrebel29

Suckin' dic* bought this title
Car(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
I don't think it'd be a bad idea to include locations, in addition to the dates....

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Updated the originally post to include the Williams Launch date, also added the launch locations to the post and linked to the sources.

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
The BMW won't be unveiled at the Valencia Street Circuit, but at the test circuit where they have FIA GT and Moto GP...