2009 F1 Car Launches

Reminded me of...

Tyrell025.jpg

The car looks great and I always liked the Williams livery, but that spoiler is just appalling. It's somehow not proportioned to do the car right...

Welcome to the '09 aero regs - every car has disproportionate front & rear wings.

Force India reveal their new VJM02

Force India have released the first images of their 2009 Formula One contender ahead of its track debut at Jerez tomorrow.

The VJM02 marks the start of Force India's new technical partnership with McLaren and Mercedes, who have provided the car's engine, gearbox and Kinetic Energy Recovery System.

The car features a significantly different livery, with the green, white and orange Indian national colours taking precedence. It was shaken down in a private test at Silverstone earlier this week.

After a frustrating 2008 season in which they failed to score a point, Force India hope that their collaboration with McLaren-Mercedes will result in huge progress over the next two years.

"At least from my perspective, winning races I think I can certainly aspire for maybe in 2010, but for 2009 I would be happy if we are regularly in the points," said team co-owner Vijay Mallya at the announcement of the McLaren-Mercedes deal last November. "That would be already a major step forward."

Mallya has taken greater control of the team over the winter, with both former chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne and team principal Colin Kolles being released from their contracts at the end of the 2008 season. Mark Smith and James Key are now in charge of car design, while Simon Roberts has moved across from McLaren to become chief operating officer.

However Force India have retained their 2008 driver line-up, with Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil continuing in the race seats and Vitantonio Liuzzi staying on as reserve.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73469

Pictures here.

I reckon it must be the only F1 car launched this season that actually looks good with a direct front shot. Awful livery though. Bland and well, sorry Indians but I hate green and orange :p

I don't like the livery too. Nothing against India's national colours but those 2 colors don't look too hot when combined together on the car. :\

disgusting colour combination.

They work on the Mazda, but they don't work as well on the VJM02.
Oh please. It works because it's different. The last thing we need is another white and red or blue/dark blue/blue with a touch of [insert color here] car on the grid. I just find it funny that people seem to be genuinely offended by a livery.

/me waits for vikirad to reveal that blue cars have won more WCs than cars of other colors since the third race of the 1982 season. :p

I'm sorry, was that even Force India's car ?

It seems more like Force FISHERMAN'S FRIEND !!! In Apple and Cinnamon flavor. :p

pak_cinn.jpg
21530_r.jpg

forceindiaf1team_2009livery.jpg

It should be named FFS02 man, with it standing for Force Fisherman's Friend, or on the other hand, FOR FUCK's SAKE. <_<

That said, I find the livery okay. Too much white TBH, but its better than the garish gold crap last season.

Last edited:
Too much white for my taste, but it has very interesting mirrors.

Certainly, not the worst looking car this year.

So just waiting on Torro Rosso now.

I really like that Force India livery. It's the first one to actually look good. It's very agreeable.

That Force India car makes me want a Big Gulp. I think it's a great looking color scheme.

The VJM02 doesn't look too bad, seeing it yesterday it was horrid, but today not so bad.