2009 F1 Car Launches

I really like this new Force India... not the livery, but the car itself.

Toro Rosso to launch on Monday

04 March 2009

Toro Rosso has announced it is to launch its latest model, the STR4, in Barcelona next Monday. Apart from the temporarily defunct Honda squad, the Italian team is the only constructor left to unveil its car to the public. The launch in Spain will be taking place at the final pre-season test.

The STR4, like its predecessor, is powered with a Ferrari engine and has been testing undercover at Italy's Adria circuit this week. With a chassis based upon that of parent team Red Bull Racing, Frenchman Sebastien Bourdais returns as he looks to improve on a 2008 campaign which featured flashes of brillance dogged by mechanical problems and a sheer lack of luck.

Joining Bourdais will be Swiss newcomer Sebastien Buemi who takes the step up the ladder from GP2, in which he finished sixth for Arden. Following the launch, the car's first public test appearance amongst the teams also takes place at the Circuit de Catalunya from 10-12 March.

Source

Awesome, can't wait! : D

Looks pretty good.

To me the Red Bull car looks a bit better than this one though, cleaner, somehow.

http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/1691/tororossostr42009f1car3.jpg

Look at how much space there is behind the wing compared to other cars. Not much more but noticible

Just to clarify, the Toro Rosso uses the Ferrari engine and the RBR uses the Renault engine?

Very nice. Im warming to the 09 cars. So that's everyone then? Or are we waiting to see the Brawn GP in full warpaint?

If there is much paint at all......

Or are we waiting to see the Brawn GP in full warpaint?

Hopefully. More of that fluoro yellow and black, please. Having a plain white car is so very uninspiring for potential sponsors as it doesnt appeal to anyone. I'd rather see my logo on a car that's going to catch peoples eyes and I trust the Brawn commercial team are aware of this.

Then don't you mean "Less of that fluoro yellow and black"?

Ahhh... So sorry. Your "plain white car" meant the 2008 car. I get it now. Because the current car is mostly plain white too

Hopefully. More of that fluoro yellow and black, please. Having a plain white car is so very uninspiring for potential sponsors as it doesnt appeal to anyone. I'd rather see my logo on a car that's going to catch peoples eyes and I trust the Brawn commercial team are aware of this.

I think the brighter the colors the visually "attracting" the livery would be. White cars would shine against the sunlight, to attract those potential sponsors eyes. I mean McLarens silver is purposefully shiny to attract the light. Black would only work if its all black, easily spottable on a line up; as such all white with streaks of color as it is now is equally as attractive.

The pace of the Brawn car (so strange) is looking good! exCiiiting:D