2009 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix

His departure is certain..the guy simply isn't fit for F1...

About the crash..I immediatly remebered of Senna..shocked me thoroughly..I just hope he can drive in Valencia again..He and Raikkonen are my favourite drivers in my favourite team..best wishes then to Massa..

I couldn't agree more, but it would be a great comeback if he would appear in Valencia..a track he won, it must be said..

When I saw the picture of him, it really stunned me..he was damn lucky that the spring didn't hit the visor...I don't know if he could survive that..

I'm a bit surprised that Massa suffered such an injury from that spring, I would have thought the helmet would have offered better protection. Or was it the hit in to the tires that was the cause of the injury?

Anyway I wonder if F1 shouldn't start looking at ways to protect a driver's head better.
Perhaps build up that removable insert around the helmet that they take off and put in when they get in and out of the car into a protective shell around the head?

FIA finally publishes the car weights. List is probably the same one, but I'm posting it here for a safety check.

Code:
01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 650.5
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 655.5
04 Ferrari Kimi R?ikk?nen 651.5
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica *666.0
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld *658.0
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 637.5
08 Renault Nelson Piquet *667.7
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli *671.3
10 Toyota Timo Glock *679.2
11 STR Ferrari Jaime Alguersuari *675.5
12 STR Ferrari S?bastien Buemi *671.5
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 652.0
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 655.0
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 654.0
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 658.0
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil *683.5
21 Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella *680.5
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 664.5
23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello *689.0

Oh no..Kubica;who has little luck this year; has a 666kg load of fuel onboard =)

OT:

Wtf ? Jaime Alguersuari is pronounced "Hai-me Alge-shua-ri" ?!

Its like that !Xobile guy !

What a name.

Now that was a hectic quali. Really hope the Lewis will give it the beans at the start tomorrow.

^^Me too. But I'm really scared that Alonso will pull a Webber on him. He NEEDS to keep in the lead in order to do anything, so he'll do everything to keep Lewis behind him.

^^Me too. But I'm really scared that Alonso will pull a Webber on him. He NEEDS to keep in the lead in order to do anything, so he'll do everything to keep Lewis behind him.

Problem is, even with all that KERS power, Seb and Lewis start with a HUGE disadvantage. The correct side at the Hungaroring is more critical than anywhere else.

For example, in 2003, Montoya started 2nd at this very track and found himself shuffled down to 6th before T1, and Ralf Schumacher, who started 4th, was around 12th place before he spun and dropped to the back of the field.

I usually find dark humor acceptable, but this just doesn't float my boat..sorry, it's tasteless.

That isn't right. This is not really a laughing matter...

Not like there was a conspiracy to screw Massa in Brawn.... so.. yeah, tasteless.

Just been on BBC News and its saying that Hospital officials say he is in "life threatening condition" following surgery on a skull fracture.

OT:

Wtf ? Jaime Alguersuari is pronounced "Hai-me Alge-shua-ri" ?!

Its like that !Xobile guy !

What a name.

Well it's not pronounced Jamie as many english speakers probably would. Algersuari is also from Barcelona and Catalans pronounce names differently than the ones who speak "real spanish".

He has got potential..until now he's driven a F1 in a straight line and can manage to be only a bit slower than his teammate..

Last edited: