13. Kubica BMW-Sauber 686.0*
14. Glock Toyota -
15. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 682.5*
16. Fisichella Ferrari 661.5*
17. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 695.7*
18. Grosjean Renault 691.8*
19. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 682.5*
20. Webber Red Bull-Renault -

If Lewis can get Vettel on the first corner, he can actually win this thing! Vettel's 1 lap heavier tops...

If Lewis can get Vettel on the first corner, he can actually win this thing! Vettel's 1 lap heavier tops...

Kimi is in a very good position considering his weight.

*wrong grid*

Here's the proper line up for tomorrows race:

1. Sebastian Vettel ? 658.5
2. Jarno Trulli ? 655.5
3. Lewis Hamilton ? 656.0
4. Nick Heidfeld ? 660.0
5. Kimi R?ikk?nen ? 661.0
6. Heikki Kovalainen ? 675.0
7. Nico Rosberg ? 684.5*
8. Robert Kubica ? 686.0*
9. Adrian Sutil ? 650.0 (penalty)
10. Rubens Barrichello ? 660.5 (penalty)
11. Timo Glock (Toyota will decide on Sunday whether Glock will race)
12. Jenson Button ? 658.5
13. Jaime Alguersuari ? 682.5*
14. Giancarlo Fisichella ? 661.5*
15. S?bastien Buemi ? 665.4* (penalty)
16. Kazuki Nakajima ? 695.7*
17. Fernando Alonso ? 689.5* (penalty)
18. Romain Grosjean ? 691.8*
19. Vitantonio Liuzzi ? 682.5* (penalty)
Mark Webber (will start from the pitlane)

Last edited:
Kimi is in a very good position considering his weight.

Yeah, he'll be fifth. A victory will be difficult though because I doubt he can get 4 cars (including a KERS car) off the line. And after that, field spread should make his extra weight redundant (to fight for the win, he'll still jump some places though). After weights, my podium is Lewis, Vettel, Kimi.

Vettel should win this pretty easily. I'm keen to see what Jenson can recover in tomorrow's race.

I hope trulli will take hamilton out in T1.

^ By the time they get to T1, Lewis will be way ahead of Trulli. He's on the clean side and has KERS!

The final grid:

VET, TRU, HAM, HEI, RAI, ROS, KUB, SUT, BAR, ALG, BUT, FIS, KOV, BUE, NAK, GRO, ALO, LIU, GLO, WEB
Kov and Glock changed gearbox/chassis.

^ By the time they get to T1, Lewis will be way ahead of Trulli. He's on the clean side and has KERS!

The final grid:

Kov and Glock changed gearbox/chassis.
yay, Jenson is right next to Rubens, let's see which Brawns will get a better start tomorrow.

We will see, I'm not so sure hamilton will be able to maintain his position tomorrow. And isn't 3rd the dirty side, not the clean side?

Last edited:
1st-3rd-etc. are on the clean side. I don't see Hamilton taking the lead into Turn 1 at the start, he'll be chopped off. Maybe going down the back straight into 130R.

If he gets a perfect start, considering he's on the clean side and has KERS I think Kimi is in a pretty good position to win this. However I don't think he will be able to, that Ferrari is pretty poor at best this weekend. But who knows, with so many happening today in quali, we should have a pretty damn good race.
I still can't understand tough all these crashes, especially Glock's. What the hell, was he too lazy to turn the steering wheel a bit more? Or was that catastrophic understeer?

It was understeer, no doubt. But what caused it?

Toyota people said that there was no steering failure. But the last corner is rather off-camber, and the outside line is generally dusty and without any significant grip. Juan Pablo Montoya was forced on the same line, in similar track conditions (a.k.a. a green track), on lap 1 in the 2005 race and he also ran wide and crashed, although at a much shallower angle because he got caught out later by that line.

It was a mixture of understeer and lack of attention. If adriver gets understeer like that he would instinctively apply more lock. Glock did nothing, so I think he was looking at his lap delta to see if the lap was any good. He only noticed he'd gone wide after it was too late...

Basically he pushed over the limit of the car/track due to a bit of bad circumstances.

way i see it... it was slow down an come last in Q2 or fuck the yellows, get to Q3 n take the penalty hit.... overall its likely to put them in a net better position

EDIT: for some reason the quote wont work.. but this is in referal to people whinging about button and barri-plays-the-cello not lifting off.

they'd fucked Q2 and the crashes made it worse. they had one lap and it was either get into Q3 an take the hit or be at the back somewhere

Last edited:
Hope Glock's okay :(

According to recent reports, he needed 5 stitches for his leg wound but he's out of hospital. However, I think this renders him unfit for tomorrow's race.

Well, i understand he still has the flu too, so i think it isn't a good idea to put a injured, sick man in a F1 car. It can only go wrong.

Here's the proper line up for tomorrows race:

Not any more. :)

1 Sebastian Vettel 658,5 kg
2 Jarno Trulli 655,5 kg
3 Lewis Hamilton 656,0 kg
4 Nick Heidfeld 660,0 kg
5 Kimi Raikkonen 661,0 kg
6 Nico Rosberg 684,5 kg
7 Robert Kubica 686,0 kg
8 Adrian Sutil 650,0 kg
9 Rubens Barrichello 660,5 kg
10 Jaime Alguersuari 682,5 kg
11 Jenson Button 658,5 kg
12 Giancarlo Fisichella 661,5 kg
13 Heikki Kovalainen 675,0 kg
14 Sebastien Buemi 665,4 kg
15 Kazuki Nakajima 695,7 kg
16 Romain Grosjean 691,8 kg
17 Fernando Alonso 689,5 kg
18 Vitantonio Liuzzi 682,5 kg
19 Timo Glock (from pit lane)
20 Mark Webber (from pit lane)

^I'm not saying anything more about the start order until they are lined up!! :p