2009 Line-Up Rumour Mill

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
For God's sake! We're just beginning the season, and already people are talking about possible driver changes due to lack of form or stuff like that.

Let's keep the rumours about the line-up to this thread. There was one last year as well, but it only started later. Now it's fitting that it should start now, because rumours have already started...

Yeah, probably a good time to make this. I was considering it last night but I hoped to wait a little longer...I mean, last year's thread wasn't created until June! The Formula One silly season used to begin around Hungary, but over the past 5 or so years, it has just been getting earlier and earlier!

Barrichello & DC won't be driving next year, that's my prediction.

Can't believe the rumours have started already. I guess the 2010 Line-Up Rumour Mill will start next year before the 2009 season even begins. :p

Predictions: Coulthard is out at Redbull, and Vettel replaces him. Barrichello may even stay another year, he has the support of Brawn and he probably wants consistency in the driver lineup. So I say Rubens stays.

Hopes: Massa loses his seat at Ferrari to Alonso, Vettel or Rosberg. Adam Carroll gets a seat somewhere, and Nakajima gets the boot.

I'm wondering if Kubica is going to change the team. 2008 is the last year of his contract with BMW.

I'm wondering if Kubica is going to change the team. 2008 is the last year of his contract with BMW.

I hope he doesn't. BMW seems to be a real title contender in the future and I'd like to see Robert succeed.

I don't expect many changes. I also think DC and Barrichello will be out, with Vettel moving up to RBR.

Yeah, he'll stay with BMW. He's grown with the team...

Hopes: Adam Carroll gets a seat somewhere,

Carroll has been one of my favourite drivers for years. I've read that he doesn't have money this year to compete in GP2, it's a real shame :(

hope alonso will get a in a competitive car and kubica stays with bmw (maybe with alonso as team mate??^^)

Put my current 2c in.

Coulthard out replaced by Vettel, Ruebens retiring replaced by.....Davidson??

I can see Davidson heading to Honda in 2009 to replace Barrichello.

really depends on his performance this year, if he beats Sato significantly and impresses he can get that seat.

There is still a chance Rubens will stay in 2009, since Brawn is in the team.

really depends on his performance this year, if he beats Sato significantly and impresses he can get that seat.

There is still a chance Rubens will stay in 2009, since Brawn is in the team.

I'd think Honda would think Sato deserves a better car than the Super Aguri through... Sato had quite a few decent showing in Honda before, and had a couple of brilliant drive in the Super Aguri off the top of my head (Canada last year~?), I think he deserve a chance to get back in the Honda now that he hopfully make less ambitious passes...:rolleyes:
not to mentio Honda is also a Japanese manufacturer...

They wouldn't have two British drivers, that's bad for sponsors. They'll either keep Rubens for continuity purposes, or bring in someone like Luca Fillipi, since he's tied to Honda already, and will have a top seat in GP2 this season. So if Luca wins the GP2 title, I'd look at him. What I really want to see, is Adam Carroll get the seat. He's deserves to be in F1.

Im still sticking with Davidson to Honda for 2009. So what if Rubens and Ross know each other well, the fact is that Jenson is their great white hope for the championship and Ross will be working to that format aswell.

As long as Alonso doesn't make it to Ferrari. Im happy.

Kubica will stay at BMW, no reason for him to leave when the team is doing so well. DC might be kicked out from F1 like Ralf Schumacher, but I have my doubts.

So far the messages have been about drivers - but I think the big news next year will be the teams - if TR and SA are gone, who will replace them? What's the plan with Prodrive?

Vettel tipped for RBR switch in 2009

By Steven English and Steve Cooper Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 10:03 GMT

Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso STR3, BarcelonaRed Bull protege Sebastian Vettel is likely to switch to the firm's A-team for next year after impressing the team's bosses in the first three races of this season.

The 20-year-old has yet to finish a race this year, but his pace so far has contributed to an increasing wave of approval from Red Bull's senior racing management.

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko admitted that it's likely Vettel will switch from Scuderia Toro Rosso to Red Bull Racing for the 2009 season.

"I think so, yes," he told this week's Autosport. "He's a special one and he is very developed for his age. He can be very aggressive in the car but he's also technical and well trained.

"Red Bull has been with him for eight years and we have a contract for another couple of years."

Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost praised Vettel's ability and believes he has the potential to fight for victories next season.

"He is one of the best young drivers so far," Tost told Autosport. "He's been racing for 15 years so from the driving side he's very mature. But he's also really clever and I think this is a key to his success.

"Sebastian is on a much higher level than many other drivers ?both in and out of the cockpit.

"He knows he can do the job if we provide him with the right car. He has already reached a very high level and it depends which car he will get for next season but he can become a front runner."

Toro Rosso co-owner Gerhard Berger believes the hype is justified and admitted that Vettel reminds him of Michael Schumacher.

"Michael saw him in karting and felt his potential, and that's been confirmed," Berger told Autosport. "In some ways they are similar, the calm, systematic approach, consistently improving throughout the weekend, and delivering at the end of the day.

"You don't feel the film is too quick for him. He remembers everything he does in the car and explains it to the engineers in a good way. I can be a bit critical of guys but I hardly find anything where he's missing, except experience.

"He keeps his feet on the ground and he's very confident but not arrogant. The team all like him, he's the hero. We're equal for both drivers but Sebastian has been in the team a bit longer and the guys all like him."

But Berger also admitted that, while Vettel has a Red Bull contract, he doesn't know which team the German will race for next season.

"For the next three years he has a contract with Red Bull, not Red Bull Racing," he added. "But I don't know where he'll be next year."

Read Steve Cooper's in-depth feature with Germany's new Formula One star in this week's Autosport magazine, out on April 17.

Source

^^^^ That surely means a mega-exit for Crazy Dave.

[Crazy D mode]

Och aye tha noo muthafuckas, they be kicking the shit outta me as I get my a$$ out of the Red tha Bull...

[/Crazy D mode]

Last edited:
For the love of god put J.button in a fast car, he's actually a very talented driver and deserves better then to spend his whole career in the lower 1/3rd.