2009 Line-Up Rumour Mill

Yeah I agree. I have no clue why Jenson is still with Honda...

For the love of god put J.button in a fast car, he's actually a very talented driver and deserves better then to spend his whole career in the lower 1/3rd.

+1

Jenson deserves a winning car.

McCheatie should sack Hamilton and draft Button to their team.

That or he can replace Heidfeld at BMW.

Because he isn't wanted, it's as simple as that. Ferrari went after Raikkonen, Mclaren went after Alonso, and both Mclaren and Renault brought in their own drivers from the jr. categories. Jenson will have to hope that Ross Brawn and Honda can turn the team around.

Jenson ISN'T hot property any more. I'm not saying he doesn't have winning pace, I'm saying he's been treading water in a back-marker team for so long that nobody knows his true pace, so no top team will take a gamble with him. He's stuck at Honda and will just have to hope they can make it work.

Careful what you say guys; I wouldn't want to get on his bad side. He seems a little... unstable:

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/2551/41971462buttoneyes416hf2.jpg

:p

Because he isn't wanted, it's as simple as that. Ferrari went after Raikkonen, Mclaren went after Alonso, and both Mclaren and Renault brought in their own drivers from the jr. categories. Jenson will have to hope that Ross Brawn and Honda can turn the team around.

He dug his own grave when he backed out of the Williams deal in 2005. Any team wanting Button's services would have to pay a massive amount to pry him from his Honda contract. Why bother with that when you can chase someone a lot cheaper?

if I'm McLaren or BMW, I'd be extremely stupid to do just that...

Button doesn't park his car in the gravel trap.

Button does not drive erratically behind the safety car.

Button does not press his pit lane speed limiter for no reason.

Button is a smoother driver than Hamilton.

Button > Hamilton. End of story.

And let's not forget about the fact that he constantly brings out some unexpected result from the crappy Honda. Put him in a winning car like Ferrari/BMW etc.. and he will be winning races pretty easily.

And Renault have made a big mistake with that. Piquet Jr sucks.

McLaren have made the right choice to draft in Kovalainen though, I like him, if McCheatie wins the 2008 WDC, then I sincerely hope its Heikki and not the golden boy.

Button doesn't park his car in the gravel trap.

Button does not drive erratically behind the safety car.

Button does not press his pit lane speed limiter for no reason.

Button is a smoother driver than Hamilton.

Button > Hamilton. End of story.

Frankly, all you've just said is wrong. You don't know what Button would do under the pressure Hamilton is. Saying Button is better than Hamilton is stupid, because there is no proof whatsoever. That's why I'm not gonna say Hamilton is better than Button (although I believe he is), because I wouldn't have anything to back that up either. Your arguments are either not true or opinion based.

Well lets see.

Pressing the pit lan speed limiter by mistake, parking your car in the gravel trap and driving erratically behind the safety car have nothing to do with pressure.

Fighting with Alonso and locked up the front right tyre in Brazil... that's under pressure.

And Button does make less mistakes than Hamilton, it's really not hard to see. Hamilton is more aggressive and you can see a lot more corrections and unforced errors from him, Jenson on the other hand... has always been a smooth driver. I still rekon that if you put him in a good, competitive car, Jenson will be able to get the job done.

Hamilton still needs a few more years of experience before becoming a really good F1 driver. Jenson has had all the experience he needed, he just need a competitive car and so does Mark Webber.

OK. First of all, he did not press the limiter, telemetry shows it was an electronic failure. If he would have pressed the limiter, he would have slowed to 60km/h, he wouldn't have stopped.

He didn't park his car in the gravel trap, his tyres were worn to the metal and the team told him to stay out while it was impossible. And then he lost the car to the only gravel trap in a pit lane in the world. And driving behind the safety car the way he does is very smart, because he never gets passed in the 1st corner.

Secondly, Button and Hamilton have different styles. You don't know which one is quicker. Hamilton makes more corrections, like schumacher who wasn't exactly a bad driver. If you look at Button's one and only pole lap in Australia it was the only time he saw him correcting constantly and NOT driving smoothly.

Lastly, you are confusing yourself. A smooth driver doesn't mean he never slides, it means he manages to weave all the corners together, wihch hamilton does very very well.

Clever you might say, Mark Webber thinks otherwise.

And the gravel trap could be avoided, sure the team mucked up the pit stop request, but that incident wasn't unavoidable.

As for Button's "only" pole lap....Australia wasnt Jenson's only pole lap. He has 3 under his belt.

And I'm not confusing myself, Hamilton certainly does makes more unforced errors than Jenson, which is why I said that Hamilton needs a few more years of experience before he gets really good.

Lets stop the arguing before this thread gets turned into a massive Button v.s Hamilton wank fest. Feel free to PM me if you rekon what I said was all crap.

Madcow809, remember 2004? There were several engineers up and down pitlane who believed that given the quality of the BAR 004, Jenson should've won up to six races that season. However, he didn't manage to win any despite having the quickest car on a number of occasions, for example, Imola and Germany.

Lets go back to 2001 and the awful Benetton Renaults he and Fisichella were saddled with. Fisichella managed to grab a podium and finished the season on eight points (if my memory is correct). Button scored two points, and was outqualified and generally outraced by Fisichella, and we all know just how well Fisico stacks up against a driver of Alonso's calibre...

x2 :)

So if Jenson<Fisi, and Fisi=Alonso=Hamilton, then Button is worse than hamilton, there you have it :)

Madcow809, remember 2004? There were several engineers up and down pitlane who believed that given the quality of the BAR 004, Jenson should've won up to six races that season. However, he didn't manage to win any despite having the quickest car on a number of occasions, for example, Imola and Germany.
In all fairness, Jenson did finish a comfortable best of the rest behind the dominant Ferraris. (2004 Results table) That's no small feat, baring in mind the Ferrari F2004, especially in the hands of Michael Schumacher was so superior to everything ever raced in F1 before or since it tends to destort the image quite a fair bit. It still holds the lap record on most of the current GP tracks.

Lets go back to 2001 and the awful Benetton Renaults he and Fisichella were saddled with. Fisichella managed to grab a podium and finished the season on eight points (if my memory is correct). Button scored two points, and was outqualified and generally outraced by Fisichella, and we all know just how well Fisico stacks up against a driver of Alonso's calibre...

Really... if Fisi is so good, why did he ended up in a tata?:rolleyes:

As for 2004's season. 3rd overall was quite good if you compare it to Sato's result.

Ferrari had the mighty Schumacher, which was untouchable. Jensen did really well.

x2 :)

So if Jenson<Fisi, and Fisi=Alonso=Hamilton, then Button is worse than hamilton, there you have it :)

I love your analogy there.

So according to you.

Kimi > All ??

Nah. Kimi=Hamilton=Alonso>Masssa=Kubica>Heidfeld=Kovaleinen=Button....I could go through the whole lineup but I can't be bothered...

Jenson<Fisi, and Fisi=Alonso=Hamilton

But you just ranked them according to points and race wins.

So if you count those.. then Kimi > all.

And I like Kovalainen, I sincerely hope he becomes the next Mika H?kkinen for McLaren.

Alonso to Ferrari would be damaging to Ferrari, claims Montezemolo
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34550

22/04/2008

While speculation over Fernando Alonso's future continues, with many believing that the Spaniard is destined to join Ferrari, Luca di Montezemolo has said that such a move would be damaging at this time.

There is continued speculation that despite his Bahrain win - which finally got him on to the 2008 points scoreboard - and a contract until 2010, Massa will head off to pastures new in order to make room for Alonso.

However, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, and fully mindful that Kimi Raikkonen could easily add several more titles to that won with Ferrari in 2007, Luca di Montezemolo said: "To line up a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself.

"I want two equal drivers that work together," he added.

While it could be a red herring, many have wondered how - indeed if - Raikkonen and Alonso would work together. Therefore, unless Renault makes a serious step forward, the Spaniard's only real option would appear to be BMW.